Strength Training - A year in Health 2015

Hello Everyone!

I have been trying to be a more active member of this community. This year I'd like to change some of my habits to better suite my health. I plan on using My Fitness Pal to monitor my food intake. I will be posting to this thread once a week with my logs for the week and my strength training logs. Below is my strength training plan.

OUcEY.png

I have read through the Grey Skull manual and this variant I have found is easiest for beginner like myself. I will be posting my max weight for that week on each of my posts. I don't expect this to be my one and only way to get healthy. This is also not my over eagerness getting the best of me as it has in the past. I hope this community will help to hold me accountable while I hold myself accountable. I know there will be days and weeks where I will not have the perfect diet, or the best workouts. I will however work to make this year to be better than last year and I think that's all I can ask of myself.

Thanks so much for reading, this year will be good.

Starting Weight: 255 lbs

Current Weight: 254 lbs

Goal Weight: 190 lbs

14%
14%

Starting Weight: 260 lbs

Current Weight: 250 lbs

My Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/59640-strength-training-a-year-in-health-2015/

Update 01/20/2015

Hi there everyone!

This is the first post in the battle logs. As explained above I will be posting here once a week with my progress. So far I started at 260 pounds and then I loosely started to change some of my eating habits. As a result I lost five pounds over the course of a couple weeks. About two weeks ago I started to really track my progress and I am happy to report that I am currently weighing in at 252 pounds. I am starting to change some of my habits but my more destructive ones seem to be sticking around. 

One of the worst culprits is my addiction to Diet Coke. My boyfriend has taken up the reins to ween me off of the poison and I'm happy to report that I am down to about two twenty ounce bottles a day instead of the usual five. I need to get better with this though, I'll keep trying. My other vice is deserts. I've been avoiding them at restaurants, but I find myself stopping on the way home from work and grabbing something at a super market. I will keep an eye one that. The biggest vice is still fast food. Whenever I'm running around all day I can find myself stopping for something. That only seems to happen when I have not prepared something ahead of time. I think it would be in my best interest to always take a portion of the day and prepare my food for the following day. Wish me luck!

I only went to the gym twice this week for my weight lifting, scheduling was the worst part. Possibly waking up early and going them would be best but I would have to change around my sleeping schedule which put a lot of strain on me. It might be worth the effort though. I have attended two cardio kickboxing and piloxing class last week as promised. I'm going to continue to take them since they help make m feel great! 

You can check out my calorie intake diary from last week below. Any input from someone smarter than me would be great:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/goffley3 

Thanks for reading!!!

14%
14%

My Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/59640-strength-training-a-year-in-health-2015/

Update 01/20/2015

Hi there everyone!

Hey there everyone, sorry I missed you last week. Between unburying myself from the Snowpocalypse 2015 and getting caught up on work at work I missed getting to my battle log and my food diary. I was kind of bad this week where I went and got some fast food a few times this week. I am getting better at saying no to deserts. Although being trapped in the house for two days did not help since I pretty much just sat inside, ate milkyway ice cream bars, and watched Parks and Recreations. Not a great way to slim down. I am however getting better at staying away from soda. My worst behavioral sins are when I go to work and I start the day with two or three sodas. I have identified that and I need to figure out a way to get over it. If anyone reading this has ideas on this please reply and let me know, or send me a direct message. 

While I was doing poorly in my eating I also didn't do to well in my exercising either. I did two classes Zumba and something called PiYo. The Zumba was fun and probably the easiest class I've done. PiYo is yoga and Pilates combined. My first class in anything is always hard. This one was particularly hard since I have never done real yoga. It was worth it though because the soreness I felt the following day was amazing! I did not get to gym to do my strength exercised I will start doing again this week. I am losing weight slowly so I need to step it up because one pound a week isn't enough for me. I will do that by doubling down on what I eat, and making sure I get to the gym to do my strength training.

Wish me luck!

P.S. Interested in PiYo? It's kind of wild check it out!

14%
14%