Hi friends!  I'm looking for an online sidekick (or multiple sidekicks)! I would love to just chat, encourage, and keep each other accountable.  

I'm new to the forum, but a longtime Nerd Fitness fan. Here's some stuff about me: 

• 20 Years Old 
  • College Student
  • Marvel Comics fan (been reading them since I was 6 years old!) 
  • Some Other Things I Love: Doctor Who, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Firefly, Sherlock, and Disney
  • Hobbies: Musical Theatre, animation, and cooking.  I know, I'm weird. 

My fitness goals/info: 

• I'm trying to gain muscle and stamina.  
  • Losing weight isn't a huge need for me - I'm an "Elf" looking to become an "Assassin". But I'd be totally okay with shedding a few pounds! 
  • I have been on a Paleo diet for 2 years. (I'm allergic to gluten and lactose intolerant, so it kind of made sense.  :playful: ) I have tons of paleo recipes and tips if you're looking to join the club!
  • I'd LOVE to get into parkour, but haven't figured out how yet.  

What I'm looking for in sidekicks: 

• People who want to work together and motivate each other to reach our goals and be healthy. 
  • Gender doesn't matter. (Although I especially love to meet other SuperWomen!)  :redface:
  • Similar health goals would be great, but is definitely not a necessity. 
  • I prefer people around my own age. (18-25ish) 
  • Would be good with e-mail/forum/pm conversation. 
  • Just wants to make friends and get fit!

Sorry I know that's a lot! lol But if you're interested, just let me know.  I love to virtually "meet" new people so don't be shy.  

• Like 1

Level 3: Wood Elf, Assassin

| STR: 5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 3 | CON: 7 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3 |

“We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.† - Grant Morrison

League of Extraordinary Nerds

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

Welcome to Nerd Fitness - well, at least the forums. :D

Good luck with your sidekick hunt!  (hmmm...hunting for sidekicks?  Somewhere, a villain is cackling madly. ;) )

• Like 1

Hi!

My name's Jas, I'm looking to be an assassin too and I've been kind of looking around to find someone to keep me accountable. I'm a college student as well and I'm 22. I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen any Star Wars since Episode III came out in theaters, but I like Disney and Spiderman. My hobbies are video games, writing, and adventuring.

My fitness goals are pretty similar, I'd love to get into parkour but I'd need to get my strength and endurance up. The only thing is I'm looking to lose weight too; I'd be interested in some of those paleo recipes if you wouldn't mind :) I WOULD be happy to reciprocate...but the only recipes I have are a bunch of my grandmother's that she clipped out of Southern Living and stuff.

Triple Chocolate Cake does not make an assassin. At least I wouldn't think so.

Anyway, I'm kind of shy and new to this whole 'let's talk to people online' thing, but if you'd be interested, feel free to add me!

Hi!

My name's Jas, I'm looking to be an assassin too and I've been kind of looking around to find someone to keep me accountable. I'm a college student as well and I'm 22. I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen any Star Wars since Episode III came out in theaters, but I like Disney and Spiderman. My hobbies are video games, writing, and adventuring.

My fitness goals are pretty similar, I'd love to get into parkour but I'd need to get my strength and endurance up.

Hey Jas!  I would love to join your "accountability team".  :redface-new:  I sent you a friend request! Feel free to PM me. Don't worry about the Star Wars thing...the prequels aren't really any good anyways. haha 

...The only thing is I'm looking to lose weight too; I'd be interested in some of those paleo recipes if you wouldn't mind :) I WOULD be happy to reciprocate...but the only recipes I have are a bunch of my grandmother's that she clipped out of Southern Living and stuff.

Triple Chocolate Cake does not make an assassin. At least I wouldn't think so.

I'd be happy to share some Paleo tips - I've been doing it for a while, and I'm not a half-bad cook, if I do say so myself!  Do you have any specific tips/recipes you're wondering about, or just general stuff? 

Also, if Triple Chocolate Cake made an assassin, I'd be Ra's al Ghul by now!  :playful:

• Like 1

“We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.† - Grant Morrison

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

Hey guys!

I'm not new in the slightest, been a member of NF for almost 3 years and have been a forum lurker nearly as long as that.  Still not very good at talking to people...

22, culinary student taking time off to pay some debts.  I'm a cook, and I love researching and testing the more complicated recipes (currently working on paleo truffles, will be ready to share soon hopefully)

I like DC, Vertigo, Darkhorse, ect, ect.  My uncle used to own a comic book shop when I was younger, so I had a lot of exposure to Marvel and DC and follow both.   I've always liked villains and anti-heroes more than heroes.

Doctor Who is something that has been a huge part of my life for a long time (my family actually gets together to watch it on Christmas day), I've been a fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" for as long as I can remember and I enjoy Moffat's modern-day representation.  A lot of movies and shows, really, I could babble about it for a long time.

Very slowly converting to paleo.  I have no dietary issues regarding gluten or dairy, but I am allergic to bananas and have a sensitivity to mangos.  Not a smoothie kind of person, as a result lol

My hobbies include sewing costumes, attending conventions, going out to nerdy local events (archery tag, hobbit bouldering), playing Just Dance Wii with my younger sister, playstation games and PC steam games, painting, knitting scarves that never ever get finished~

I'm a hobbit, for real.  Could walk forever, but am going to do so more because I've been enjoying the warmth of my house as opposed to the cold winter air a bit too much.  Current goals are to get stronger (specifically enough to hoist myself up and over a ledge) and to slim down (so there isn't quite so much to hoist)

I love doing fun things that have hidden benefits, I'm super crafty, and I enjoy being and being in need of an idea bouncing board.

Feel free to keep in touch~  Whether you have advice or questions, I'm all ears (which sounds like a grotesque mass deformity, if I'm completely honest)

Hi everyone!

I'm very new to NF. Honestly I just found the site this morning. I've tried to change my lifestyle in the past before, and while I can get myself to the gym, I'm really bad at eating well. My friends eat out and eat junk food all the time which tends to lead to me to do the same. I'm hoping trying out Paleo can improve my energy levels as well as my skills in the kitchen. I've never done anything like this before, but the idea that I can find people to chat with and keep me accountable sounds really awesome. I'd be totally down to be one of your sidekicks if you want! Since I'm so new my profile is a little bare, but give me a day or two and I'll be up to speed. When I've got all my thoughts collected I'll put all my goals and interests up on my profile. I'm not too caught up on comics, but I love the marvel movies. I also like to play video games and I love a good anime. :D

Level 2: Human, Ranger

|| STR: 3 || DEX: 2 || STA: 3 || CON: 1 || WIS: 3 || CHA: 1 ||

First Challenge (Feb 23 - Apr 5)

"If you think only of what you should do, and completely ignore what you want to do, then you're just a simple machine - a force of nature. That isn't how a human being is supposed to live."

Greetings fellow rebels! I would love to be a part of this Super-Sidekick team. I'm also a female college student who is looking to get more healthy.

In terms of diet, I'm trying to eat paleo, though it's definitely a challenge to do so while in college, and I also suffer with binge eating.

For exercise, I've been walking and doing the beginner bodyweight workout. I plan to start swimming by springtime and incorporating other forms of exercise into my routine. 

I'm a science major but also a lover of literature (shout-out to Sherlock!). 

I'm looking for a support team of likeminded individuals who can help motivate each other :) Lets do this! 

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment." 

Hi!....

Hi everyone!....

Greetings fellow rebels!....

Wow, I'm excited to be making all of these new friends!  I am so down to work with you guys. (And others are welcome to join as well - the more the merrier!) 

I think since this little team is forming, we should come up with a good way of communicating.  Would you all be okay with e-mail? That way if you want to stay private you could always start a separate gmail account or something.  Then we could keep each other updated pretty easily!  If so, shoot me a private message with your address, and I can send out a message just to get us started.   :tennis: If you have any other ideas, please shout 'em out!

The group I have so far is @jasx1333 @Joshimus_Maximus @Aegle (and maybe @Beck Fallowhide and @Milo?)  Is this right? 

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

@TheMarvelPrincess,

Hey, is to too late to join this team? I decided a few days ago (kind of out of the blue, although it's really been more of a thing that's grown slowly over a long time) that I needed to start making healthy changes in my life. If this is going to make it to the realm of reality, it has to go from being something I think about to being something that other people bug me about. I guess 7 people is kind of a lot for an accountability group... maybe there's some way to split it down smaller? I can look elsewhere for an accountability group if need be, but it sounds like this group has a lot of similar goals to myself, which would be ideal.

I'm 24 years old, female, a college dropout who is married with a decently-paying but sedentary programming job. I used to be a superhero comics fan, but there was one too many reboots and it just turned me off to the whole thing. Still enjoying Marvel's movies, though, and I love the old BTAS cartoon and Batgirl and Batwoman. I wanna be a badass chick like that! I have a long way to go, though. I've gained 80 lbs since I started college (6 years ago now... YIKES) and I wanna shed all that weight. But more importantly, I have a brother-in-law who is a traceur, and he's sooo cool. :tongue: I wanted to learn, but when he tried to teach me, I found I didn't have the strength necessary to do the moves. So my ultimate fitness goal is to be able to do parkour. To that end, I, too, am interested in joining the assassins guild.

I don't eat paleo yet, and I'm not really sold on the whole idea, to be honest. But I'm open to trying new recipies and maybe I'll get convinced that paleo is the way to go. I'm definitely cutting out a lot of carbs from my diet as a first step. Since I work full time, my husband is actually more of the household cook (he's an author who works from home). But he gets tired of it halfway through the week, and then we end up going out to eat on Wednesday or Thursday... I need to step up my game and be the chef on those days and make healthy foods instead!

I sent some friend requests. Please let me know if I can get in on the mailing list or however you want to do this thing.

MarvelPrincess, you haven't been on in a few days. Are you staying accountable? Still looking to set up that email group?

Yes, sorry!  I've had some personal things come up these past couple of weeks that kept me very busy. I'm still doing well in my challenge and keeping up with my goals - just haven't had time to update the NF community!

@TheMarvelPrincess,

Hey, is to too late to join this team?....

You can definitely join! I am going to send out an email to everyone this weekend. Just shoot me a private message with your email address and I'll add you to the list. :) 

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%