Last night I joined Nerd Fitness Academy, today I'm making my first post, tomorrow I'm committing to walking for ten minutes, and then Thursday I turn 35. My birthday gift to myself is to NOT wait until Thursday to start all of this - but rather to go into my new year already feeling healthier.

Bread is a huge temptation for me... and today I specifically chose to have chicken tenders instead of a big ol' sandwich. I know, that still isn't exactly "healthy" (quotation marks? Really?) but it isn't a huge hunk of bread. And it's something. It's a conscious choice that I made, and I plan to do the same tomorrow too. One day, one small step.

Sleep is my kryptonite. Or reverse kryptonite? I mean, if I don't have enough, I get weak, wobbly, the world spins on its axis and I'm all kinds of useless. Not just tired, but actually physically ill. So that's going to be a big thing that I work on here. Getting enough sleep.

Once upon a time I was a far stronger, healthier body. I'd put myself in a Ranger/Assassin sort of range - though I loathed running and couldn't do much of it, I was able to run and was stupidly strong. Now... I just feel like my body is stupid. But I'm determined to get back on course. My thought right now it to follow a Druid Assassin path; get my mind and body working together instead of in opposition. I have depression and anxiety in my utility belt and I'd prefer it if they came out to play far less frequently than they have been lately. Their appearances are inversely proportional to how healthy my life is at any given moment. 

So there's that.

MY GOALs (January, 2015):

1. Eat less than three sandwiches per week through the end of the month
  2. Go to sleep before 11pm the majority of January's remaining nights
  3. Walk at least ten minutes at least six times between now and February
  4. Find the missing screws that are keeping me from putting together the bed in the guest room, and finally build the damn thing.

Congrats on starting, and welcome! 

Sleep is bad for me too - I need a min of 8 hours or I do not work properly. My husband works perfectly on 5 hours - who does that?! I don't understand it. 

Bread was hard for me too - i gave it up a few years ago. I'm back on it (i say that like it's a drug... but it's pretty apt when you're trying to quit it), and working towards healthier alternatives... so I go for ancient grains, or wraps... i tried gluten free bread, but its usually worse for you (on the glycemic index. i was pre-diabetic, so that was a big thing.) I also hate the texture of it. Bleh! 

If you're going to have a sandwhich - maybe try having half the bread? I know it's not as yummy, but if you only use one slice and either cut in half or just layer on one side and eat like toast - thats a step in the right direction too :) 

Congrats on starting, again :) 

Level 2 Wood Elf Scout

(Current) Challenge #2