Heeeeerrrrreeees Dottie!

Good morning Rebels!

I've read Nerd Fitness for a couple of years now, bookmarked workouts and eaten paleo style off and on but never fully committed to making a change.

I've spent several weeks thinking about why. I think I just wasn't ready, but also in the last year, I discovered something pretty profound about myself.

I need help.

Not the "Intervention" kind but just regular old " Hey buddy, I need a hand." kind of help. But for some reason, I would never ask for it. I've always had to be the tough girl, the one that you could count on, the one who was steady, solid, capable, in control, never a burden on anyone.

It may be possible that my outer fluffiness was a manifestation of my inner chaos.

Bleh! But this isn't Psyc 101 so I'll move on to the fun stuff!

I'm a 42 (and I won't say mom or wife because I'm more than my relationships) female human. Im about 70lbs too fat right now and as much as I want to look good in a bathing suit, i really just want to feel powerful inside and out.

I've asked by two closest friends who also happen to be coworkers, and my husband to help me stay accountable and make changes stick this time. I asked for help.

I've joined this forum as well because, in my lurking, I've seen kindred spirits here. I hope I can ask you for help too.

I'll need a little help with all the video game/ RPG bits, that was never my gig. But I'm your girl for tips on paleo eating and nutrition, knitting troubles and obscure Stargate (movies and series) references.

Stats

5'5"

217 lbs (2.5 down)

Favorite movies-"The Fifth Element" and "Pride and Prejudice"

Favorite book- "The Handmaid's Tale"

Hobbies- knitting, photography, reading and now Nerd Fitness (lol)

I post my meals on Instagram and my food log is on MFP. (I joined the forums there but I can't stand reading demeaning posts about lack of food weighing acumen and anti paleo rhetoric)

I'm an open book so anything you'd like to know just ask.

I honestly, sincerely hope to find a home here.

â¤ï¸ patti (akaDottie)

• Like 1

Maenad Recruit lvl 0 ( Wannabe Warrior/Druid)

MFP, Fitbit, IG- @spunmommy

"I wanna name her Dottie after my wife. She's a vicious life-sucking b***h from which there is no escape."

Welcome! 

Oh do I understand the:

Not the "Intervention" kind but just regular old " Hey buddy, I need a hand." kind of help. But for some reason, I would never ask for it. I've always had to be the tough girl, the one that you could count on, the one who was steady, solid, capable, in control, never a burden on anyone.

That's me to a T. I'm always the dependable one... which turns out isn't that fair to me or you. Finally turning it around to be about me, at least for a couple hours a day. 

I'm a crocheter myself - I tried knitting, but I hate COUNTING! 

Anyway, mostly just saying hi, congrats on your progress already, and welcome!

• Like 1

Level 2 Wood Elf Scout

(Current) Challenge #2

Hello and welcome!

I've been here for only about 2 months but have found the site unbelievably helpful and I'm also a person who has a difficult time asking for help. This is the only health/weight loss/fitness type site I've ever used but in my short time here I've noticed a decided lack of the sort of toxic negativity that is so prevelant on the internet in general.  I hope you find it a positive and helpful environment as well.

• Like 2

<p>Level 3 Troll AssassinSTR: 5.5 DEX: 2 STA: 6.75 CON: 3 WIS: 12.75 CHA: 5.75My Battle LogThe First Official Challenge of MOBIUS!!  The SECOND Official Challenge of MOBIUS!!  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/69290-the-return-of-mobius/  Weight Loss Goal (106 lbs of 150lbs)

70.6%
70.6%
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

I post my meals on Instagram and my food log is on MFP. (I joined the forums there but I can't stand reading demeaning posts about lack of food weighing acumen and anti paleo rhetoric)

MFP forums are a mess of various different silly opinions that are treated as "THOU MUST AND IF THOU DOESN'T THOU IS WRONG".  I chuckle sometimes reading through them. 

Welcome to NerdFitness Dottie :D

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Favorite movies-"The Fifth Element" and "Pride and Prejudice"

Favorite book- "The Handmaid's Tale"

Hobbies- knitting, photography, reading and now Nerd Fitness (lol)

FE and P&P -- Yay!

Knitting, reading and NF -- Yay also!

And oh BOY do I understand the inability to ask for help.  Welcome to the boards, I'm very new too, and I hope we can help each other.

• Like 2

Sunday

Ring the bell that still can ring/ Forget your perfect offering/ There is a crack in everything/ That's how the light gets in.  - Leonard Cohen

Level 0, Human Recruit; Adventurer-in-training; Druid at heart

1st Challenge

2015 Goal: Lose 50 lbs.

36.4%
36.4%

Hi Dottie :) from a fellow noob :)

Dan

What's up Dan Ross? I feel like I'm going to have to call you your whole name all the time! Thank you for the welcome!

Maenad Recruit lvl 0 ( Wannabe Warrior/Druid)

MFP, Fitbit, IG- @spunmommy

"I wanna name her Dottie after my wife. She's a vicious life-sucking b***h from which there is no escape."

hey dottie welcome to the rebellion, feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or want some pointers.  Welcome to the rebellion btw.

• Like 1

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2