Ingress - Augmented Reality Game

I was just wondering if any of you in the Rebellion still plays Ingress?  I know it was bigger 2-3 years ago when it first came out, but I still play1

If you haven't heard of it, it's an MMORP, science fiction, GPS based augmented reality app game.  I think it's really enjoyable - requires you to get out and about, because the gameplay is actually out in the world.  If you're out walking or running, it's really entertaining.  I always find myself taking longer running paths in the hopes of finding a new portal to unlock, and I'm amazed by all the cool historical places in my community that I never noticed before. 

• Like 2

Level 3: Wood Elf, Assassin

| STR: 5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 3 | CON: 7 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3 |

“We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.† - Grant Morrison

League of Extraordinary Nerds

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

It sounds familiar now I think of it. *look down at phone* Oh....I guess I have apps I forget about on my phone.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

It sounds familiar now I think of it. *look down at phone* Oh....I guess I have apps I forget about on my phone.

Lol I do that all the time. But if you've never played it you should pick it back up again and give it a shot! :) 

• Like 1

“We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.† - Grant Morrison

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

Are you still playing?  I was thinking of taking it up since geocaching this time of year can be problematic......

7.jpg

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Are you still playing?  I was thinking of taking it up since geocaching this time of year can be problematic......

7.jpg

LOL Yes, I'm still playing and having a great time! I always wanted to get into geocaching, but never have. I suppose Ingress would be a more virtual version of geocaching.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

LOL Yes, I'm still playing and having a great time! I always wanted to get into geocaching, but never have. I suppose Ingress would be a more virtual version of geocaching.

Which faction/team are you on?

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

I just started playing over the weekend. I'm Enlightened. 

ZwfYsAi.gif

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

Which faction/team are you on?

I'm in the Rebellion! 

I just started playing over the weekend. I'm Enlightened. 

ZwfYsAi.gif

Mmmm.  I suppose we're mortal enemies now. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the tears of your fellow smurfs as we kick your little blue asses.

;)

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the tears of your fellow smurfs as we kick your little blue asses.

;)

noper.gif

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

Ugh. There are a bunch of cheaters in my area. :(

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Ugh. There are a bunch of cheaters in my area. :(

Oh no! How are they cheating? 

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

They're faking their location with an app and also creating fake portals in their living rooms and offices.

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Woah! That is not cool! You should report them. 

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

One particularly creative couple apparently spraypainted themselves nude behind their apartment to fake a sculpture. 

I think that's pretty inventive. I don't know exactly who it is, but the comm is just full of people bitching about it these days. 

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Whaaaaaat? Well, you've got to give them points for creativity I guess. But I'd still be pretty pissed. 

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

Thankfully, my area seems to be inhabited by fairly honest people - smurfs and frogs alike.  

• Like 2

I'm just going to focus on doing my thing and leveling up when I can

• Like 2

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

I'm just going to focus on doing my thing and leveling up when I can

Here, here!!!  I've leveled to the top of too many games and then realized I missed on most of the fun by concentrating on the wrong things. 

• Like 1