It's been a while...

Sounds like you are doing great. I need some new music on my workout playlist. Any suggestions?

Lots of stuff, depends on the workout actually. There's faster stuff for running/aerobics, rough riffs for tough lifts as well as chll stuff for post-workout relaxation. Been on the heavier side lately, enjoying the new Exodus, Overkill, Machine Head and Behemoth albums, with some breaks for Lenny Kravitz and the Roger Daltrey-Wilko Johnson albums.

i've been listening to a lot of YOB lately. if you like stoner/sludge/doom metal

Heard a lot of praise for their latest cut, but oddly it hasn't won me over yet. Definately wouldn't suggest it for a workout :P

YEAH, run away from smoking!  Heheheh.

I want you to know that every time I come to this thread I get that damn Staind song stuck in my head all... day...

Catchy, ain't it?

Wednesday, 4/2

Eat: Rough day and it showed on the eating as well. Had 3 different pastries for lunch (of the crusty, pizza style variety) then when hunger struck again, around 3-4 a.m. I remembered to cook some spicy chicken with sweet potatoes. Had a bad personall fallout which almost led to a breakup, which explains the eating, no sleep and a single cigarette I smoked. On the bright side, we finally got through that stuff and got together for a pre-dawn meal B)

Train: Heya DOMS!

Sleep: Uhm... nope

Smoking: As mentioned, one in the afternoon

Thursday, 5/2

Eat: Had a sandwich for breakfast, a chicken wrap for lunch, croissant for dessert and another for dinner. Food-wise I'm barely hanging on, at least people who see me still say I've lost weight (I feel like I've gained a bit, but that's a whole different story)

Train: Those leg DOMS are still there. Also, my left kneecap has started aching. Should I worry? :/

Sleep: About 6 hours, after the dawn, then went to bed at night normally

Smoking: One in the afternoon, before ending our Shadowrun session. I still have no idea why

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Also, check this out

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

AHA that video is awesome!  I see you handstand-pushup-ing!

Maybe I can eventually contribute some yoga to the next one... or some cool martial arts moves!   :pirate:

My right kneecap started to hurt and click when I started running, scared the bajeezus out of me.  I think it took care of itself once I started stretching more and working it out (gently) more consistently.

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Ha the foam rolling part! And I saw you doing your hand stand pushups. Good job bro!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Lots of stuff, depends on the workout actually. There's faster stuff for running/aerobics, rough riffs for tough lifts as well as chll stuff for post-workout relaxation. Been on the heavier side lately, enjoying the new Exodus, Overkill, Machine Head and Behemoth albums, with some breaks for Lenny Kravitz and the Roger Daltrey-Wilko Johnson albums.

Heard a lot of praise for their latest cut, but oddly it hasn't won me over yet. Definately wouldn't suggest it for a workout :tongue:

Catchy, ain't it?

Wednesday, 4/2

Eat: Rough day and it showed on the eating as well. Had 3 different pastries for lunch (of the crusty, pizza style variety) then when hunger struck again, around 3-4 a.m. I remembered to cook some spicy chicken with sweet potatoes. Had a bad personall fallout which almost led to a breakup, which explains the eating, no sleep and a single cigarette I smoked. On the bright side, we finally got through that stuff and got together for a pre-dawn meal B)

Train: Heya DOMS!

Sleep: Uhm... nope

Smoking: As mentioned, one in the afternoon

Thursday, 5/2

Eat: Had a sandwich for breakfast, a chicken wrap for lunch, croissant for dessert and another for dinner. Food-wise I'm barely hanging on, at least people who see me still say I've lost weight (I feel like I've gained a bit, but that's a whole different story)

Train: Those leg DOMS are still there. Also, my left kneecap has started aching. Should I worry? :/

Sleep: About 6 hours, after the dawn, then went to bed at night normally

Smoking: One in the afternoon, before ending our Shadowrun session. I still have no idea why

great for chillaxing music though. admittedly, i've been in a stoner/doom mood the last week or so.

handstand pushups.... that's some tough stuff... 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Soooooo.... got lost again, in the land of no internet. Actually, I left for a great weekend in the capital city of Athens and got stuck there until Wednesday afternoon due to terrible weather conditions. Which makes for a great weekend but 3 days of worry. The bad news is, I didn't do too well food, train or smoke-wise. The good news is, I'm back and getting on track again, starting today.

So, why did I make this little trip, you might ask. Well, it just so happened that we were celebrating exactly 2 years since the first session of our Vampire LARPG in Athens. Sure, others have come before it, but this is the first time that 3 cities share a common plotline, so we celebrated it with a triple cross city gaming session! That's right, more than 40 people showed up, had a great time and made the whole thing way larger than it used to be. Here's a few photos, might share more as they come up on Facebook

Pre-session fooling around

10959844_1564277307144823_84470085209726

Waiting to have a word with the new Prince of Athens

10991408_1564277413811479_40105637799176

Most of my townsfolk that travelled for the game

10959442_10152668722617966_1714066366044

We'e proud to have the finest female nosferatu in the country

1947998_10152668723197966_61271194333640

The two towers

10930923_10152668729072966_6642075542870

Our city made its presence known before the local Prince

10959533_10152668729262966_2812972834383

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

awesome pics man. seems like a lot of fun. 

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Looks like posting every 3-4 days is becoming a thing, as opposed to my older habit of daily or more than once in a day posting, but life does indeed happen. Let's get the technical stuff sorted out first, sleep has been more or less okay, food is not exactly perfect and I'm starting to feel a little bloated but I've managed to convince my gf to schedule our meals together as opposed to eating chaotically, which leads to takeout/delivery spam. The will is there, hopefully along with the upcoming NF challenge I'll be able to sit down and put an actual plan to work. As for training, the weather and boredom didn't help in getting to the box, but at least I did do a single home training session since I was starting to feel restless.

Now that we got this out of the way; There's a major family issue I'm going through. It's been in the air, tension has been building heavily since about the end of January and it all exploded last Thursday (Fun fact: that day was our equivalent of Halloween, only with a less spooky theme and a more silly "nothing is too ridiculous or extravagant" theme. Guess how I spent the evening). To give you the shortest of versions, communication is breaking down, my father's a living wreck and probably going through a depression. Best of all, he's had a few nights of heavy drinking lately. Given his liver condition and the fact that doctors have forbidden any and all alcohol, to my eyes that's a borderline suicidal behaviour. FML

5f652407a2f2f1b0eb041462afd304be365e6e94

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Looks like posting every 3-4 days is becoming a thing, as opposed to my older habit of daily or more than once in a day posting, but life does indeed happen. Let's get the technical stuff sorted out first, sleep has been more or less okay, food is not exactly perfect and I'm starting to feel a little bloated but I've managed to convince my gf to schedule our meals together as opposed to eating chaotically, which leads to takeout/delivery spam. The will is there, hopefully along with the upcoming NF challenge I'll be able to sit down and put an actual plan to work. As for training, the weather and boredom didn't help in getting to the box, but at least I did do a single home training session since I was starting to feel restless.

Now that we got this out of the way; There's a major family issue I'm going through. It's been in the air, tension has been building heavily since about the end of January and it all exploded last Thursday (Fun fact: that day was our equivalent of Halloween, only with a less spooky theme and a more silly "nothing is too ridiculous or extravagant" theme. Guess how I spent the evening). To give you the shortest of versions, communication is breaking down, my father's a living wreck and probably going through a depression. Best of all, he's had a few nights of heavy drinking lately. Given his liver condition and the fact that doctors have forbidden any and all alcohol, to my eyes that's a borderline suicidal behaviour. FML

5f652407a2f2f1b0eb041462afd304be365e6e94

i'm sorry to hear this my friend. i hope these things get resolved soon. we are here if you ever need to vent, advice, or just get some shit off your chest.

• Like 3

+10 for Pinhead reference, -100 for un-fun family issues.  I hate that helpless feeling when you're watching someone take the wrong path.  We are always definitely here for venting!

• Like 4

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Thanks a lot. I love you all and want to say all sorts of good things about you and how lucky I am to have stumbled upon this place, but it's one of those situations where words seem meaningless and empty, incapable of expressing what they're supposed to. My mind's a mess anyway and I've been going through a phase where words hurt

I'm still stumbling a bit with my entire fitness lifestyle, but I'm confident. I really need this next challenge to happen. I've already thought it out and it might just affect my gf as well. We've been doing pretty good lately and she's managed to cheer me up on more than one occasion.

"I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated"

• Like 7

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Seems like there's too much noise to think clearly. I'm hoping next challenge will help focus and bring some discipline into the mix. Maybe I should take whatever precious little time until then to do some serious thinking.

***hugs***

^_^  *hugs*  ^_^

sorry to hear about the family problems. You've posted so many positive things about them over the past few challenges, so it seems like there is a lot of good there to go along with the difficulties. Hope the situation improves.

Keep moving forward friend, in any way you can.

I do my best. Thanks for the support, Xena

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Thanks a lot. I love you all and want to say all sorts of good things about you and how lucky I am to have stumbled upon this place, but it's one of those situations where words seem meaningless and empty, incapable of expressing what they're supposed to. My mind's a mess anyway and I've been going through a phase where words hurt

I relate to this my friend...sometimes I just can't

We are all here for you in whatever capacity you need us to be....even those of us who are lurking quietly in the corners...

((Hugs))

• Like 4

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

It sounds like you need one of your excursions into nature again - get away and camp for the weekend or something like that if you possibly can. It will calm your mind and heal your spirit.

Thinking of you and sending strength and hope.

• Like 4

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

It sounds like you need one of your excursions into nature again - get away and camp for the weekend or something like that if you possibly can. It will calm your mind and heal your spirit.

Thinking of you and sending strength and hope.

That would totally be a thing, if we weren't having an unusually harsh winter with really bad weather for about a month already. But it has given me an idea. I might suggest a little driving excursion towards the nearby mountains, combine it with a little talk and family healing

In other news, I'm working on my next challenge, which will be posted soon. Did you notice the new challenge boards are online already?

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Sounds like a good plan! Looking forward to seeing your new challeneg!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

It's official!

Now, let's go kick ass and take names

6JPMvcu.gif

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker