What's up, NF?

I'm very new to this website. I had never even heard of it until I stumbled onto it this morning while doing some online shopping (for socks of all things, haha). As soon as I started reading about NF and its community I was instantly hooked. Even though I had never heard of NF, I'd been looking for the idea of it for a long time. Since finishing up college a couple years ago I've tried to get into better shape and improve my health and energy levels by eating better. I went at it with an "army of one" mentality and while I was able to make it to the gym I failed horribly on eating well. After doing this a couple times I realized that I might need some people to help keep me accountable and remind me of my goals. All of my friends have worse eating habits than me and so that's why I think this place is great! I'm hoping to transition to a Paleo diet over the next couple weeks.

Another thing that interests me here is that I feel like a lot of the people here will have shared interests and we can talk about stuff other than workout routines and protein powders. I'm not a huge comic book fan, but I really enjoy the marvel movies that have been coming out - stoked for Avengers 2! I'm a pretty big gamer. Despite playing a ton of Destiny lately, my heart goes to JRPGs. Lastly, I love a good anime!

I'm going to try to log on once a day to keep myself motivated and accountable. If anyone wants to help out or even just talk about a shared interest feel free to hit me up. I'm always up for making new friends.

Here's to starting over for the last time!

• Like 3

Level 2: Human, Ranger

|| STR: 3 || DEX: 2 || STA: 3 || CON: 1 || WIS: 3 || CHA: 1 ||

League of Extraordinary Nerds

First Challenge (Feb 23 - Apr 5)

"If you think only of what you should do, and completely ignore what you want to do, then you're just a simple machine - a force of nature. That isn't how a human being is supposed to live."

Welcome JM! Glad to have you here :D

Seeing as you're new, I'd like to first point you towards Accountabilibuddy groups. Aside from getting support from fellow NF Rebels in your current guild, you can also join Accountabilibuddy groups if you'd like. They're not mandatory to join, but they're a good way to make new friends here :rapture:

Here's the link: Accountabilibuddies

Oh, and since you said you're a fan of JRPGs, I'd like to also mention that THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE is always open to new members :D

Right now, we have a Mini-Challenge Battle System set up, where we do battle against The Empire and other baddies through exercise. Battles usually last about a week, then some story stuff happens, and then onto the next Mini-Challenge (whatever it may be for that particular week). Your mentioning of JRPGs reminded me of that, and I thought you might like it (right now, the inspirations for the story are coming from games like Zelda, Final Fantasy, and what little I know of Xenoblade Chronicles [i'm super hyped for the game's port to the New 3DS, so I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers]; as well as anime, like Gurren Lagann [our group is based around it after all]).

Anyways, if you're interested, here's the link: THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE = X =

But regardless of what you decide to do going forward, just know that all of NF has your back! You CAN accomplish your goals, and we WILL stand by your side 100% of the way!! Now get out there, and KICK SOME ASS!!! :triumphant:

• Like 1

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Thanks for all the information WIll. It's much appreciated.

Also, I'm still stumbling through everything on this site a little at a time. I checked out The Dai-Gurren Brigade. I'd be totally down to join, just wasn't sure how. Haha. Also if there's a challenge going on right now I'll probably wait until the next one so I can start fresh (I'm currently in the middle of switching gyms and eating habits).

I've been pretty busy, but I still hope to keep up on everything on here as much as I can. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Level 2: Human, Ranger

|| STR: 3 || DEX: 2 || STA: 3 || CON: 1 || WIS: 3 || CHA: 1 ||

League of Extraordinary Nerds

First Challenge (Feb 23 - Apr 5)

"If you think only of what you should do, and completely ignore what you want to do, then you're just a simple machine - a force of nature. That isn't how a human being is supposed to live."