M4st3rmind's First 6 Week Challenge Ever

m4st3rmind

A few days late on this, but better than never.

Diet & Fitness Goals

• Eat a full paleo diet for the duration of the challenge (including at Thanksgiving)
  • Lose 15 pounds at roughly 3 pounds per week
  • Continue working on the Beginner's Bodyweight Circuit (here) until it becomes easy, i.e. I can complete all exercises with correct form for 3 circuits. Move on to the advanced body weight circuit.

Life Goals

• Read David Allen's book Getting Things Done(Amazon) and implement its system to get organized. I feel like some sort of organizational system is a required foundation for setting and reaching future goals. At the moment this is a point of suckiness for me.
  • Make and follow a budget and keep track of finances. Another point of suckiness.

And here we go. I'll post some measurements and a starting photo later this evening. That'll be hard for me to do because I'm pretty self-conscious about having my shirt off. But hey, that's why I'm doing this, right?

I've been eating paleo for a few weeks and actually really enjoying it. It gives me a reason to cook more, and I actually prefer omelets and fruit and stuff for breakfast over cereal--which I've been eating literally all my life. I also already love seafood so eating more fish won't be difficult.

I had a lapse after a recent trip to Denver and eating only in hotels and restaurants. And then I got lazy one night and ordered a pizza. The 6 week challenge is pretty well timed to get me back on track.

Daily Recap Oct. 27th

My camera's batteries are dead so a photo will have to wait until over the weekend. In other news, today counts as an eating success. I had a chicken salad for lunch and mango shrimp with spinach and artichokes for dinner (skipped breakfast). Snacks consisted of carrots and apples.

First exercise step was to determine if I'm a morning exerciser or an evening exerciser. I'm leaning towards evening at this point, but that's also a function of my weird sleep schedule. I'll try a workout tomorrow morning and see if my resistance to morning workouts comes mostly from not wanting to wake up earlier than I currently do. I'm sure that's what's going on, and honestly I should probably get up earlier and go to bed earlier anyway.

Breakfast tomorrow is planned to be a green pepper and mushroom omelet (or scrambled eggs because I can't really make omelets correctly.)

On the getting organized front, I've started to collect and sort through all my "input" stuff, i.e. everything that demands my attention, some project I want to start, or something that needs to change. I've got a giant pile of index cards that represents all that, and the next step is to sort through it all.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines