Kat's Log-- "There is now a level zero."

Today was a depressing and stupid day. But partway through the depressing and stupid day, I decided to stop letting myself be depressed and stupid and be AWESOME instead

So I did. And it turns out I met my goals so hah. IN YOUR FACE, LIFE. Did great on eating and did 20 minutes of cardio, since today is the off day for strength training. It felt good to not suck.

And right now I'm figuring out my 6-week challenge goals, because I'm totally going to do it. Also totally digging all the NF blog posts that have been coming out lately. They're definitely helping to motivate and inspire. 

I deserve to be the best I can be TODAY, without excuse or apology.

Thanks! :D I felt pretty proud. Now I just need to do it more consistently...

It's been a crazy few days. I am not the best at updating on a daily basis, it turns out. >> I'll try to be more consistent here, but the thing that matters most to me is just that I DO stuff, whether I end up posting about it or not. In the spirit of having more proof of progress, I've started a challenge thread here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/61265-a-change-of-katastrophic-proportions/

Still alive, still kicking, still trying! Today was a mostly okay day. I ate a little junk, but mostly I ate really good stuff like ratatouille and salmon. Also got a good sweaty hiit jogging session in, such as I could handle. Progress is slow, but I am still working on it!

The best news ever is that job stuff is working out and I will be moving to my own apartment again probably by the time the current challenge is over, if not a little sooner. YAY!! It's going to make eating well soooo much easier. And so many other things too. I can't wait!

Woah-- respawn time for this topic. I AM NOT DEAD!

I've been gone for quite a while, which was not intentional or desired. Some really crazy things happened since I was last active here. I had to move. Very suddenly and in chaos. Life has been crazy and I just barely got internet at home again, a couple of days ago. Pretty much all of my previous plans and things were changed and now I'm far away from where I lived and things are very different. That's the tl;dr version of what happened.

And to sum up some changes: I kinda sorta stuck with my first challenge for a couple weeks after losing internet, but I didn't stick with it the full six weeks. Sad day. I have lost five pounds, but my fitness is not consistent, and my diet just isn't where it should be. Actually, I lost track of challenges and I'm super excited to get internet back right before the next one! I'll definitely be joining. I've lost some motivation and that kind of scares me. I've been trying to make the proper changes and adjustments with my new life, and it's just not all together yet. So, I'll need some support to keep it up! 

I've signed up for two races (5ks)so far this summer-- one at the end of this month, and one in the middle of next. I've got a commitment to run regularly! I'm ready to resume strength training again too. I've been slacking on it the last couple of weeks and I'm ready to start up again. For food, I definitely have some junky habits I don't feel quite ready to go cold turkey on, but I think I'll try to start small from where I'm at and keep going. I've discovered in this less-than-stellar timeframe that I just suck when I don't exercise, especially run. I love running and I've decided I want to be a runner for the rest of my life. Right now, I just need consistency. I'm psyched to post my next challenge, and this time I'm actually going to finish it. Thanks for reading and not giving up on me!