What's the best way to track your workout?

I'm a bit old school, to track my workouts I have an excel sheet, which works great for me, and to track my six week goals I have a poster board where I wrote out each day with check boxes, that way I can add notes and when I have accomplished the six weeks I can hang it up as a reminder, works for me

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage"

I'm a Jefit person too (smartphone app), for my lifts. 

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

I was using fitclick, then tried endomondo. But my phone is not super fast so I'd waste allot of time.
Now I use a little notebook (Fieldnotes but I'm a stationary whore) 
It's actually pretty neat for me, coz I can see how I've progressed by just flipping pages and it's a mini competition in my head to get to a certain goal (lbs lost, weight lifted in X exercise, etc.) by the time I finish a notebook. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Instagram

"...You must always keep the star in your heart
shining strong to defeat the dark and evil souls." - Queen Serenity

I just make up an Excel spreadsheet.  It's as detailed (or not) as I want it to be, and I'm a whiz at calculating and programming in a spreadsheet.

I have a tab for meals, one for challenge goal progress, etc.

Would you mind sharing how you set up your spreadsheet(s)? I know excel could be an excellent tool for me to stay organized but I'm just not sure what the best way to set it up is!

smbuckley23 | level 2 | Spartoi Ranger Recruit

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 5 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Becoming Princess Leia | Battle Log

"Be a force of nature"

61c8cBsXzbL._SX425_.jpg

This.

Lol now that is one I haven't seen in a long time. I want to start keeping track of my progress.

but should I do it the old fashioned way? In a book. Or with an app? 

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

That's a solid plan. I'm currently using an app called Jucy ($0.99!) to track my progress. It does have graphs and what not, and does track what you do if you do decide to do different exercises. (I was originally doing 15 reps at lower, but now I'm advancing more on weight with only 5 reps. StrongLifts!)

Oh and I also just want to bring my phone to do everything; I still want my music after all.

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa