• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Virtuous Valentine Lifting Leviathan 2015!

Tendinitis makes me a no-go on the bench press.   I am sad like a baby panda who has lost his mother in the bamboo forest.

You can always squat and deadlift and skip bench :)

Definitely in.  Might even just hammer this out on Sunday.  Going to be nice and fat for this one, but my lifts should all be up as well. 

In a true comeptition, you warm up in the back and can do whatever the hell you want, lift as much as you want, etc. Like SS said, the balance in not burning yourself out vs. prepping to lift heavy. I like to hit around 90% of my first attempt as my last warm up.

Sorry the sheet isn't up yet, I've been very busy with life. Hope to finish it up at lunch today.

In a true comeptition, you warm up in the back and can do whatever the hell you want, lift as much as you want, etc. Like SS said, the balance in not burning yourself out vs. prepping to lift heavy. I like to hit around 90% of my first attempt as my last warm up.

Sorry the sheet isn't up yet, I've been very busy with life. Hope to finish it up at lunch today.

And this is more for EVERY workout, but I I feel like some about of Dynamic movements should be done before ever lifting a barbell.  DeFranco's Simple Six and Agile Eight are good examples.  Do those, then do your sets leading up to 1RM attempts.

And this is more for EVERY workout, but I I feel like some about of Dynamic movements should be done before ever lifting a barbell.  DeFranco's Simple Six and Agile Eight are good examples.  Do those, then do your sets leading up to 1RM attempts.

I'm meh on that one, I just do a few light barbell things until i feel loose, unless there's a speciic malady I'm trying to address (tight shoulders, elbow tendonitis, etc.).

Spreadsheet is up, please let me know if there are any issues with it. I should have all the forumlas protected, but everyone should be able to edit their name, weight, gender, and age as well as any of the cells for entering their attempts.

Well, I'm officially signed up at a weight of 95kg (will double check that on the day of, of course). Now I have no excuse and have to try. This will be fun: it's the first time I'm really going for a 1rm.

In... and excited that I took my Whole30 seriously and I'm competing 6 lbs lighter. My lifts are still recovering from my year of suck, but I need a new baseline and this is as good a time as any to test it.

I just realized that I may just hit 1k in this one finally.

Right now, I'm thinking openers of:

• Squat:  315lbs
  • Bench:  240lbs
  • Deads:  395lbs

That puts me at 950... so if I can gain 50 in my other 6 lifts... it's going to be close. 

• Like 2

I just realized that I may just hit 1k in this one finally.

Right now, I'm thinking openers of:

• Squat:  315lbs
  • Bench:  240lbs
  • Deads:  395lbs

That puts me at 950... so if I can gain 50 in my other 6 lifts... it's going to be close. 

That's awesome! I'm trying to close in on 1,000 myself. I hit 945 two weeks ago. Good luck sir.