• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Virtuous Valentine Lifting Leviathan 2015!

Well, I was hoping to do this this week (probably friday) but it's going to have to wait. I was sick as a dog last week, and then had trouble with my work schedule and had to travel out of town, so I need a week to get back in the groove. Still looking forward to giving this a try though.

One thing though: I don't think I shall be able to video my attempts, is that alright?

You've competed, you know what the intent is, I'm fine with you using your judgement. Yes you can take less than 3 attempts on each lift. Yes you can take a number from a working set if you can't be doing heavy singles right now due to programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted confirmation in case some one wanted to whinge. 

Just a quick reminder (as ascendednerd just did it, sorry to pick on you ascended, don't worry, not that big of a deal).  Please don't post lifts from the VVLL into the Leaderboard threads.  All lifts completed in this thread will be moved over to the Leaderboards at the completion of the event so no need to clutter up those threads. 

Just a quick reminder (as ascendednerd just did it, sorry to pick on you ascended, don't worry, not that big of a deal).  Please don't post lifts from the VVLL into the Leaderboard threads.  All lifts completed in this thread will be moved over to the Leaderboards at the completion of the event so no need to clutter up those threads. 

Ah, my bad. Newbie mistake haha.

I need to take a snapshot of the spreadsheet, as I'm currently 2nd overall, behind Rooks, and 1st in squat.  There is ego benefits of getting your lifts in before the big MFers who bench tree fiddy and squat/deadlift 500+ or the light MFers who bench 250 and squat/deadlift 450+, but weigh 153lbs. (I prefer the full curses but figured I would practice some self censorship).

Weigh in: 179lbs/81.18kg

Old PRs (in a mock meet):

Squat - 315lbs/142.85kg

Bench - 225lbs/102.04kg

Deadlift - 315lbs/142.85kg

Total - 855lbs/387.74kg

Very happy that I have the will power of a 9 year old boy and very easily give into peer pressure (looking at you DD).  Overall, really happy with the results, set PRs in 2 out of the 3 lifts.  Doing this at 6-745am, fasted with average nutrition beforehand makes me think I could have hit bigger numbers.

Squat - most weight I've ever had on my back before (not including yoke).  Form isn't pretty, but I don't think depth is an issue.  Hit a 20lb PR here.  Possibly had 5 more pounds in the tank.
Bench - wasn't looking to go crazy here, have been working on getting my bench back up, went ultra conservative with the attempts, pretty sure I left 5-10lbs on the rack.

Deadlift - I was running about 5 minutes over my "I need to get out of the gym" limit, so these were rushed.  Generally besides changing out plates, re-chalking, and grabbing some water there wasn't too much rest between sets.  Not overally happy with the form here, but its not horrendous. 10lb PR was achieved.

• Like 4

I need to take a snapshot of the spreadsheet, as I'm currently 2nd overall, behind Rooks, and 1st in squat.  There is ego benefits of getting your lifts in before the big MFers who bench tree fiddy and squat/deadlift 500+ or the light MFers who bench 250 and squat/deadlift 450+, but weigh 153lbs. (I prefer the full curses but figured I would practice some self censorship).

Squat - 315lbs/142.85kg

Bench - 225lbs/102.04kg

Total - 855lbs/387.74kg

Very happy that I have the will power of a 9 year old boy and very easily give into peer pressure (looking at you DD).  Overall, really happy with the results, set PRs in 2 out of the 3 lifts.  Doing this at 6-745am, fasted with average nutrition beforehand makes me think I could have hit bigger numbers.

Squat - most weight I've ever had on my back before (not including yoke).  Form isn't pretty, but I don't think depth is an issue.  Hit a 20lb PR here.  Possibly had 5 more pounds in the tank.

Bench - wasn't looking to go crazy here, have been working on getting my bench back up, went ultra conservative with the attempts, pretty sure I left 5-10lbs on the rack.

Deadlift - I was running about 5 minutes over my "I need to get out of the gym" limit, so these were rushed.  Generally besides changing out plates, re-chalking, and grabbing some water there wasn't too much rest between sets.  Not overally happy with the form here, but its not horrendous. 10lb PR was achieved.

Congrats MFer!

Glad you caught up to my squat, glad I'm still beating you on bench, pissed that you got my failed DL attempt from last week.

Haha... I was thinking the same thing this morning. Haha... :)

Nice lifts sir!

• Like 1

The entry for the PL portion. Just to be clear, I can do the Oly lifts on a different day correct?

He pops the top off! Ladies (and men) there is topless lifting at 5:06. You're welcome lol.

Love the intensity. Especially after that 2nd deadlift, I started laughing out loud, love it.

• Like 2

He pops the top off! Ladies (and men) there is topless lifting at 5:06. You're welcome lol.

Love the intensity. Especially after that 2nd deadlift, I started laughing out loud, love it.

One of the benefits of working at home I suppose.  That said, its just a big blob of slightly overweight pasty white skin that you'll see.  Gotta stop drinking so much beer and I might get some definition.  :)

I was stoked after the 2nd DL cause I knew I hit the 1K mark.  Been pushing a long time for that one. 

• Like 1

One of the benefits of working at home I suppose. That said, its just a big blob of slightly overweight pasty white skin that you'll see. Gotta stop drinking so much beer and I might get some definition. :)

Blasphemy. Carb up and drink all the beers.

Squat - 315lbs/142.85kg

Bench - 225lbs/102.04kg

Total - 855lbs/387.74kg

Nice work. The squats were looking really solid. I wish I could get my knees to be that stable on my descent.

I love watching these videos. Rooks makes the baby cry at the end, big meany. And yeah dude, your traps stand out as you prep for those deadlifts.

My lifts are done (in my workout log), waiting to update the spreadsheet unitl I get my video finished (working on it now).

Damnit, my work's dated browser won't let me compile them on the youtubes. Hopefully I can get around to it at home at some point (unlikely). In the interim here's my lifts with links to videos of the individual attempts.

1RM testing day for VVLL

Squat
135x8
135x5
225x3
Belt up
315x1
385x1
1st: (475) @ 92% = 435
Nice and easy, which helped with confidence since I haven't gone over 400 in training in almost 2 months I think.
2nd: (475) @ 98% = 465
Had originally planned on 460, but 435 felt so good and I figured this would mean only a 20 lb jump for attempt 3. It was good, much slower though. Strained something in my neck from looking up too much and was losing the bar forward on it a bit, so I'll cue elbows forward and staying on heels on attempt 3.
3rd: (475) @ 102% = 485
Good but grindy. Mighta had 490, but very happy with my attempts here.

Bench
135x5
135x5
185x1
225x1
255x1
1st: (305) @ 90% = 275
Not as fast as I would have liked. Dropped to 275 from a planned 285 as I didn't want to tire myself out more than needed, being pretty confident in 295. Having trouble with unracking tiring me out for each rep and killing my lat tightness. I might try to get someone over here to assist with the handoff on future 1RM days.
2nd: (305) @ 97% = 295
Right arm lagged behind the left on this one. Don't think it was enough for a DQ though. Harder than normal due to unracking woes.
3rd: (305) @ 102% = 310
Realized during the set up that I had been putting my index fingers on theories rather than my ring fingers, which was throwing everything out of whack. This rep felt more solid than #2. Might had 315, and had to talk myself down from taking a 4th attempt.

Deadlift
225x3
315x1
Belt up
405x1
1st: (555) @ 89% = 495
Used too much back in the beginning as I set up too close and couldn't get my hips down properly. Otherwise fine.
2nd: (555) @ 96% = 535
Harder than I wanted, but decided not to drop the final attempt.
3rd: (555) @ 102% = 565
Grip on left hand was slipping a bit during lockout, but I think I held it for long enough. I actually pulled too much on my heels, I can see my toes come off the ground in the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bench was a PR, squat and DL both 10 lb short, and 2 wilks points short, of any PRs. Saving those for April.

• Like 3

all Bench, weighed in at 223.6lbs after a weekend of over eating.

1st 300lbs

2nd 325lbs   <---  ties PR

3rd  335bls

in KG, weight 101.42

Top Bench = 147.42

Wilks = 89.22

• Like 3

all Bench, weighed in at 223.6lbs after a weekend of over eating.

1st 300lbs

2nd 325lbs   <---  ties PR

3rd  335bls

in KG, weight 101.42

Top Bench = 147.42

Wilks = 89.22

JEBUS!  Monster Bench alert.  Well done Tyrs!

• Like 1

Squat: 115kg, 122.5kg, 130kg
Bench: 77.5kg, 81kg, 83kg

Deadlift (the sacrifice to the token gods): 100kg, 120kg, 130kg

If this had run a week later I'd have been into the start of peaking for my next comp and could have hit some singles instead.

• Like 5

Holy back arch, Batman! I like how you're going to probably take this thing with triples. Nice work.

Indeed.  We got some work to do fellas.  The Ladies of NF are throwing down the gauntlet. 

Squat: 115kg, 122.5kg, 130kg

Bench: 77.5kg, 81kg, 83kg

Deadlift (the sacrifice to the token gods): 100kg, 120kg, 130kg

If this had run a week later I'd have been into the start of peaking for my next comp and could have hit some singles instead.

Isn't there still another week to go? ;-)

Isn't there still another week to go? ;-)

Nah, I think we're good this week.

Who says powerlifters aren't flexible? Damn weazel, your bench ROM is like 4 inches. That's crazy.

One day I'll be on the same level as Chinease Taipei and I'll only have to inhale/ exhale to complete a lift.  ;)