2 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

22 push ups for 22 days to help realise awareness of the 22 US vetrans who commit suicide everyday. In the Warrior thread we are Challenging each other to take on the cause, because any suicide by any service man/woman is unacceptable.

https://www.22kill.com/22-honor-pushups/

So @x Valkyrie x I challenge you! 

That's awesome. My Dad is a US vet, you bet I'll do it!

• Like 1

I tend to go both ways on the whole "nature" thing.  Because I am highly allergic to most antibiotics (really, ALL the common ones put me into anaphylactic shock) and develop allergies to new ones after a few courses, I am willing to give "natural" stuff a try.  It usually doesn't work, though I have found a few things that do help.  But nothing comes even close to 10 days of antibiotics.  So while I rely on natural stuff, it is through necessity.  Frankly I envy those who can get a scrip and knock out a sinus infection.  I have to drown mine in huge amounts of garlic and quarts of hot tea & chicken soup - and really the "help" that it gives is probably in my head.  But I'll take the placebo effect - it's better than nothing! :-)

I agree that there are lots of people who are almost pushers when it comes to natural medicine.  It is highly irritating; while I appreciate people's opinions, unless they have a medical degree (or even a natural medicine degree), their opinion is just n=1 words.  Interesting, maybe.  But not the same as, you know, science!

I also think that surgeons are modern day super heroes. 

• Like 1

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

Successful a wedding Dress hunting. she picked the second one, she tried on. Which was surprisingly really nice. Has me a little anxiety because her Mum and Sister are all into this and put the gloves on and spent so long trawling through nearly every dress there. I sat at the back feeling like a divvy. Managed a sneaky 5 push ups, and a photo from the front couch. ;) then saw the sign, no photos allowed, trademark, yada, yada.

Wait! What............?

Madcow Week9 (repeat) Monday 25.07.2016

(Little Brother's Birthday 43 today)

Warm Up:

Stuff and Stuff and GB STFU

Squat:

1x5@55kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@85kg

1x5@90kg (all of a sudden everything got really, really heavy, does anyone else do this? It's like instant fatigue)

1x2@110kg (really hard, really ugly and knew squats were coming to an end because I almost threw up after this)

1x2@110kg (fail, did a walk out and just knew I wouldn't be getting up if I did this, so just no)

Bench:

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@55kg

1x2@65kg

1x2@65kg (surpringly these weren't too bad, maybe it was because I needed a win because of the squat fail)

BOR:

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@55kg (killed these, no worries here)

Also did a 3.15km this morning in an hour, which was about 3,897 steps, before breakfast. Then filled in an emergency roster in town which come with lifting a very heavy dude onto the stretcher. I also managed my 22for22 at bench height this morning, 2 sets of 11 then a set of 5 on the floor during warm up.

Time for a shower and bed. I'm over it. 

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

6 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

So you both went for a run and did squats and push ups and bench on the same day... wow!

I wish it were both of us but no, he's in the city and is allergic to exercise. :) Plus being a baker his hours are not human. 

It's now 0539 in the am and I need to get up and get Son2 moving for work but it's so cold! Going for a walk when I get back from dropping him off, hoping to loosen up me bloody legs. They're a bit tight this morning.

Wait! What............?

This happened after dropping off Son2

3399 steps, 2.96km, in 41 minutes, noticed my legs were really tight, left quad and right hammie and knees were a little tender.

Still thinking on last nights workout, hmmm, I didn't like feeling like that. 

Took this as I was coming back down to the house:

Just happy no one is around to hear me singing Vienna by Ultravox at the top of my burnt out lungs! :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

35 minutes ago, x Valkyrie x said:

What a pretty trail! Also, can has your dog...? What a cutie!

Haha, never heard her called cute before. She's unfortunately an unsocial dog, because she's never had to be. I like that she has not eaten the 3 puppies that belong to the Son's girlfriends. I think she is getting mellow in her old age. :)

I think I am lucky to have so much track available and right at my door step, I don't have to make any hard decisions if I want to go for a walk. Makes jogging or running a little more interesting ;)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Well that was a little bit different!

Flown down to Perth for tests after his heart stopped. It's all good now and only a couple more tests to go and he has a clean bill of heart health! 

The he personal good things from all this, well he didn't die, foods didn't go tits up, weight didn't get fucked up and still have time to do the third workout for week 9. So all good.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Madcow Week9 Saturday 30/07/2016

Warm Up:

All the stuffs and some more stuffs!

Squats:

1x5@55kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@85kg

1x5@95kg

1x3@110kg (these felt a lot harder than they should have and I know I was high on the last rep. This is my sticking weight)

1x8@85kg (bloody hell, reracking after the last one was bliss, but wow talk about getting the wobbles on!)

Bench:

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@55kg

1x3@70kg (fail only got the 1st rep in, couldn't get the second one off my chest, lucky hairy was around)

1x8@55kg (all is good here)

Seated Rows:

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x3@55kg (ooohhhh, liked this, tough but not extreme)

1x8@@40kg (did these with underhand grip, well that is another beast altogether! Truly made me work for it)

Extras:

Laying Leg Raises:

3x10 (could tell I haven't done these for a while)

Planks:

3x35s (yep, far too winded from these, WTF)

Done and feeling good about it!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

This is the first time he has done this trick, not something I need him to repeat! The only lasting effect is the CPR, sore chest and bruising. One very lucky man.

Now he has some time at home and this happened this morning after a wee front went through. Time to sharpen the chainsaws. :) Will keep him out of trouble for a while. ;)

Only a small one this time and minor fence damage. 

Wait! What............?