9 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Managed to talk to Son1 about some of the things that have been happening at home while he is at work. He assures me he will talk to the GF. We'll see. To make myself feel a little better, did some on line retail therapy and ordered my SBD knee sleeves. FTW!

Yay SBD knee sleeves. You will love them and hate them!

I love them when I squat but I hate them when I have to get them on and take them off.

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

It is early Sunday morning, 0159 to be exact and besides the fact the 20 year olds are having a bonfire and drinks with crappy music, and 15 mates all making a racket, I can't sleep. I have so much running through my brain and I can't seem to make it stop.

I haven't actually been home since Wednesday when I took Roly to Perth on fly out day. Home long enough to shove some baked beans and toast at the two youngest Lads grab a couple of hours sleep and leave again on another out of town errand or cover my emergency roster. I haven't worked out since Monday and I really fucking hate that. The only time I have touched my weights was to move them out of the way so none of the Lads mates tried to be hero's with them.

Today was just a total disappointment. I felt deflated and just squashed and left out of an important event which I had spent 12 months help to achieve, not having done it for accolades or shit but a simple nod would have sufficed. But you smile and nod your fucking bobble head and move on right.

I have not completed week 10 of Madcow and this week has left me fatigued, angry, disappointed, confused, fat, bloated, alone, afraid, jealous, melancholy, headachy and touchy. So I have decided it's time.

Time to start the cut, time to drop the numbers chase, time to step back, re-evaluate and start on the path to the next step of my competition goal. Drop some of this fucking jigglypuff shit to get into the 84+ weight class. Time to concentrate on form again and fix my ugly fucking squats, my absolutely shitful bench and crush my deadlifts.

I have been weighing myself daily and from week to week I can see a 2kg fluctuation in weight. WTF is that all about? Water weight mostly but hardly any real true bulk.

So ditching Madcow just makes sense. I am torn between running The Cube again with the same numbers as last time or a bodybuilding program and doing the isolation thing.........I am leaning towards Cubism.

So there you have it, quitter and loser is how I feel, but killing myself in the next two weeks for numbers which I know I can achieve later just seems pointless. Even with the numbers I have now I still wouldn't embarrass myself on the platform in any Perth run meet, on any of the lifts according to the result tables from the meets so far this year, but I wouldn't qualify for the hard core stuff.

Tomorrow is a new day, the beginning of a new, better lifter with pretty squats, gorgeous bench and a fucking killer deadlift. All done in a better more refined body and a peaceful mind!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 10:06 AM, SevenofSeven said:

You are wonderful and when they come out of themselves long enough to take a breath, your hard work and contributions will be acknowledged.

And if that never happens,  hopefully you can heal the hurt of it and know that you matter.  A lot.   {Hugs}

Go with what you think will make you happy for the program.   Doing what you need is not quitting,  imo.  Growing out of a program can be good!

You are fierce and strong.   You got this.  We believe in you. 

• Like 3

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

I am proud of you for stepping back and looking at what you need for your mental and physical health, instead of what your ego tells you that you need. That is a difficult sometimes painful accomplishment.

You are an amazing women with a busy hectic life and a serious set of muscles. I see you being true to yourself and I know that you will continue to develop your strength training practice. There is not one right way to grow as a lifter, only the way that works for you.

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

On 14 August 2016 at 5:58 AM, evabo said:

Hey hey,,, Doing what's right for you is never losing. Sending virtual hugs and positive thoughts, and looking forward to following the next part of your journey.

On 14 August 2016 at 10:51 AM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

You are wonderful and when they come out of themselves long enough to take a breath, your hard work and contributions will be acknowledged.

And if that never happens,  hopefully you can heal the hurt of it and know that you matter.  A lot.   {Hugs}

Go with what you think will make you happy for the program.   Doing what you need is not quitting,  imo.  Growing out of a program can be good!

You are fierce and strong.   You got this.  We believe in you. 

18 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I am proud of you for stepping back and looking at what you need for your mental and physical health, instead of what your ego tells you that you need. That is a difficult sometimes painful accomplishment.

You are an amazing women with a busy hectic life and a serious set of muscles. I see you being true to yourself and I know that you will continue to develop your strength training practice. There is not one right way to grow as a lifter, only the way that works for you.

Thank you so much Ladies, your comments are appreciated! Thank you, thank you!!

Monday the New beginning and no official weigh in, no walk and no measurements! BUT, two new note books, one called Eats and Treats and one called Cubism not Picasso!

I have also activated another MFP account and already filled in Eats and Treats and MFP as much as I can today. So a good start yes, because very, very good reasons/excuses for no weigh in and measurement and walk due to leaving house in pyjamas at 0600 in the dark to get Son3 to his lift to Perth because he is currently in the air on his way to Queensland. I also picked up Son2 on the same trip took him to the mine and the mill to pick up another job application for both, then home by 0900 to chores washing, shower and school.

My first Cube workout tonight, awesome!!

tumblr_o2zb16TYnX1v5aa1fo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Week1 Heavy Deadlift "The Cube" 15/08/2016

Warm Up:

Lots of Shizz as well as:

1x10@30kg deadlifts

1x5@50kg deadlifts

1x5@90kg deadlifts

Heavy Deadlift:

5x2@113.5kg

Block Pulls:

2x3@121kg (put my 15kg plates on top of my foam lifters to simulate a proper block pull)

2" Deficit Deadlift:

2x6@106kg (FUCK ME! Took the foam away and set myself up on my 15kg plates so it was a deficit, deficit deadlift, just how was I doing these before, my hammies are fried!)

Chest Supported Rows:

3x10@6kg (not sure if I can do these properly because.........boobs!)

Lunges:

3x10@10kg (only 5 each leg........so much hate for these)

Dumbell Rows:

3x10@12kg (tried to do proper Kroc Rows here, need to practice more)

Barbell Rows:

3x10@35kg (fucking cardio)

RDL:

3x10@40kg (more of that cardio thingy)

ABS:

LLR:

3x10

Planks:

3x30s

Shits and Gigs:

Push Ups:

3x5 on knees, because I was absolutely just done

Stretching to the song The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie.

I remember now, this little beauty took 2hours and 13 minutes. So glad I put on a crock pot and prepped the potatoes for the Lads. Awesome they can help look after themselves. This is seriously going to take some mighty organisational skills! 

My my hands and thumbs are sooooooooo sore, and kinda tore the callous on my palm near the same little finger I tried crushing last week! 

Going to to finish of my food log, have a shower and try and gather what is left of my CNS!

• Like 4

Wait! What............?

8 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Knee Sleeves are here here!!!!!!!!

OMG, getting them on is going to require some more upper body strength work. :livid:

After about a month sometimes getting them on feels like less of a battle, but still a battle.

3 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Did a wee bit more spooling today. Got my 'stash, eyebrows and legs waxed today. Thought it might be easier with getting the knee sleeves on with less bulk! ;) 

I've been thinking of getting my legs waxed since I started wearing shorts at the gym. It should be less frequent job than shaving. 

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

3 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I've been thinking of getting my legs waxed since I started wearing shorts at the gym. It should be less frequent job than shaving. 

It was really nice to have someone actually do it for me instead of the usual, messy, hour of torture when I do it. :) I am definately going back, my eyebrows look amazing and she gave me a calf massage when she finished me legs! Just lovely!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

On 17/08/2016 at 10:26 AM, SevenofSeven said:

It was really nice to have someone actually do it for me instead of the usual, messy, hour of torture when I do it. :) I am definately going back, my eyebrows look amazing and she gave me a calf massage when she finished me legs! Just lovely!

I can't get waxing done, which is really annoying as I have super dark hair and super light skin so I end up just never showing my legs off.  Massages are lovely though - I think one of my 'if I won the lottery' type dreams would be to have a masseuse follow me around all the time to give me a massage on demand ;-)

How's the mindset this week (think on Saturday you were pee'd off with stuff)?  

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, LouCarJo said:

How's the mindset this week (think on Saturday you were pee'd off with stuff)?  

I figured why worry about things you cannot change, so took a deep breath and let it go. I have too many people (my Lads) watching me and my reactions to family interlopers so I have to be careful and try and not let my feelings cloud their own emotions, thoughts and judgements. :positive: Positivity!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

20 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

I figured why worry about things you cannot change, so took a deep breath and let it go. I have too many people (my Lads) watching me and my reactions to family interlopers so I have to be careful and try and not let my feelings cloud their own emotions, thoughts and judgements. :positive: Positivity!

Sensible approach, and one I have to remind myself constantly to adopt.  I find I need to take time first to comfort myself (i.e. that it's ok if I feel annoyed, upset, etc), just to acknowledge it, and then move on.  

Like the family portrait!

• Like 1

You are a lucky lady with seven sons. Being a part of a big family is awesome, in my humble opinion. I grew up with 4 siblings and I wouldn't change it for anything. i would have gladly been fine with having a couple of more. If they don't already, they will appreciate it when they are older. :)

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }