Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Various BW exercises and cable machine shit.

Squats:

1x10bar

1x10@20kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@50kg

4x5@70kg

1x5@60kg pause squats, 2 second pause at the bottom.

Had to do this as Son took the 10kg plates.

Bench:

1x5@45kg

4x5@40kg

Bent Over Row:

5x5@40kg

Came home had a huge fight with partner and feel like shit.

Wait! What............?

I wish I could say they were worth hanging around for.however duets the 3.5 hour trip and the whole family being in one car, I'm kinda stuck here until Monday!

Already had one SIL start commenting on the fact I am heavier now than this time last year. Grrrrrr

Hitch-hiking?

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Various BW exercises and stretching and cable machine stuff.

Squats:

1x10@bar

1x10@bar front squat

1x5@bar over head squat

1x5@30kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@70kg

5x5@72.5kg

Feeling very good about these, form feels right, keeping chest up and driving with the legs, just feeling really good.

OHP:

5x5@30kg

Admittedly the last set was push/press, but done! I don't think I will be adding weight to this one just yet.

Deadlift:

1x5@80kg

1x2@85kg

Feeling good about these as well, although I thought I may have been rounding on the last couple in the first set. I think I should maybe do a few more of these per DL day.

Ice-Cream:

Bent Over Rows:

6x5@30kg

Close Grip Bench:

4x8@35kg

Curls:

3x8@20kg

Cable Crunches:

4x10@20kg

Russian Twist:

3x8@5kg

Ok so added the Russian Twist, and thinking of keeping it, because I liked it. Added another set to all these except curls because they are sucky on my wrists, so gonna stay with the original plan for them.

Was kinda worried about the weight of the SL tonight but pretty much smashed it so feeling well chuffed. Although I might start looking into intermediate lifting plans............but will need to organise myself a weight belt me thinks.

Wait! What............?

I see the new challenge threads are open..........hmmmmmmm, should I? In the past I have, but they got a little out of control, but then again copy and paste is a fantastic tool.

You're updating your battle log pretty well and don't need more pressure piled on, so do a challenge only if you think you'll have fun!

challenge.png

• Like 1

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

I figure time management around here sucks. I really need to look at scheduling properly, spreadsheets, pads and pencils, bits of paper......anything to have more time.

I'm awful with schedules. I use Google calendar and IFTTT (not sure if you've heard of it, but if you haven't it's about to blow your mind) to program alerts that go to my phone to keep me on track. I found an extra hour doing that and was quite surprised with how much of my time was more "chicken with head cut off" panic, haha. 

• Like 1

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

See my instagram for photos of my training and also my Sphynx cats.

I log my daily programming at my battle log.

Challenges: Current - Warrior 2 - Warrior 1

Foods went good! Write up in my 6 wk challenge thread.

No lifting, my spotter went to sleep on the couch, but I did swim 1 km with 150m of butterfly. Did notice though that there was a strange clicking in my shoulder when doing breaststroke, hmmmmmm.

Damn, have a carb headache, so lifting may not have been the most productive thing, but I was keen for it. There is always tomorrow and if I lift 3 times a week as well as row and/or swim the other days all good right? Right?

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

WOOT for morning workouts and Lads being able to get themselves to work, well for today at least.

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Moving hay, sweeping out shed of millipedes, general morning business, stretches and BW stuff.

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@Bar, Front Squats

1x5@20kg, Front Squats

1x5@30kg

5x5@72.5kg

I used the stupid little 20cm safeties on the squat rack, it just means that I can't take my usual big step back, but one good thing is I didn't hit the parallel bars on the rack, which means I must be tracking well and not leaning too far forward. This may take some getting used to. My first working set was a try it out and see, but I managed it.

Bench:

5x5@40kg

I was not going fail on these no matter what, it was not an option! :)

Bent Over Row:

5x5@40kg

These are pushing my limits!right now my traps and back are complaining loudly!

I Love Ice-Cream:

Barbell Shrugs alternating Calf Raises:

4x8@30kg

My feet were making funny crunchy noises on the calf raises, a lot like my knees do occasionally.

Tricep Extensions:

4x8@20kg

Curls:

Didn't do because my right wrist was complaining loudly. So much nicer on an ezi-curl bar, unfortunately not enough lower plates to fill up my dumb bells. :(

Hyperextensions:

3x10

Hulk smashed these!

Cable Crunches:

4x10@20kg

I upped the number of sets by one on the Ice-Cream instead of the weight. Which I think I will stick to for a little while now. These are really just for shits and giggles.

Wait! What............?

I think I should just can Challenges. I was better at keeping a daily battle log and not feeling guilty if I failed the workout. I know what I want and I know how to achieve it, the biggest problem is putting it into obtainable goals that aten't going to screw with my head.

Break the large ones down into smaller pieces, it's what i used to do in track. Want to run 3 miles, make it a mile first, Want to lift 100 more pounds in your dead lift, break it down into 20 pound increments.

And with what your schedule appears to be, I'd say you earned not feeling guilty about missing a workout...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)