Scouts Australia allows boys and girls, progressive thinking. Girl Guides are struggling because they haven't changed anything in 100 years.

We watched Got and was a little deflated by the first episode!

Got - yup, that's what I heard around town.  The writers are on their own now, so they're probably trying to start a bunch of new story lines - that will hopefully pay off.  I sure hope they don't pull a Dexter and it becomes a big snoozefest.

Boys and girls - all kids look super cute in their little uniforms.

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

We were going to put our daughter in girl scouts when she was little.  Decided not to after talking to some people who were into scouting.  May not be the same everywhere, but girl scouting around where I live seemed mostly to consist of raising money, and not just the cookie sales, but can a thons and other things.  There was no camping our outdoorsy activities.  Boy scouts on the other hand seemed a lot more out door oriented.

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

For us Scouting is all about getting the kids out doing a heap of stuff, of course camping, hiking and knots but we do community service and helping other non for profit organisations. Forever trying to make the Scouts understand about caring for their environment and community. I really like their ethos, or I woukdn't have stayed in it for 12 years and counting [emoji12]

Wait! What............?

Roly getting ready for the trip to Perth, for the flight up North and back to work. He has been doing this for 23 years, almost 24. We love him for it.

57effca62d5c6d2337812156277c2eaa.jpg

d15ded1797d773c2616bfc2496623a22.jpg

3f30efe5636f1a67922db0b143b1d4c5.jpg

That's his other girlfriend, his 1098 Ducati. She threw him once and hurt him bad, but he forgave her. He won't ride her on the gravel, so we take her to the bitumen and go through the ritual every two weeks, fly in day, fly out day.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Where the road from the right that is perpendicular to the road the fire people are standing on meets, I don't see a stop sign.  Am I missing it or does this intersection not have one?  I do see something on the concrete  in the center of the road but it looks too short to be a stop sign.  Or maybe its been run over?

Current Challenge 

1 hour ago, peelout said:

Where the road from the right that is perpendicular to the road the fire people are standing on meets, I don't see a stop sign.  Am I missing it or does this intersection not have one?  I do see something on the concrete  in the center of the road but it looks too short to be a stop sign.  Or maybe its been run over?

We use a lot of "Give Way" signs and give way to the right rules.

Our Patient ended up where she did because she swerved to miss something on the road, she was fuzzy on the details, but the road was wet, she was heading down hill and there was a misty/fog rain. Not ideal driving conditions at any rate.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

My favourite jeans are no longer my favourites, they fit wrong. Due to being a "boyfriend" cut, which basically means baggy everywhere, but they are no longer baggy! The waist is tight, the arse is tight the thighs are tight when sitting. When at my heaviest 110kg, these were my "go to" because they were a nice fit! Now what! I guess I have to wear "give up on Life pants" forever! :disgust: or those nasty elastine things my Mum gets around in..........noooooooo!:hopelessness:

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

2 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Now what! I guess I have to wear "give up on Life pants" forever! :disgust: or those nasty elastine things my Mum gets around in..........noooooooo!:hopelessness:

Considering the drive you show in your constant quest to get stronger, you can do anything you want.  Just depends on how bad you decide you want it and how high you are willing to prioritize it.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

Hope you weren't thinking I was judging you.  I follow you because you workouts inspire me.  I just meant that with your drive, I know you will succeed at whatever you decide is most important to you.  

Must have used the wrong tone in my typing.

Current Challenge 

17 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

I like it! Don't judge me because I no longer fit into normal clothes, I suppose tracksuit pants aren't too bad, so long as they aren't maroon velouremoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, peelout said:

Hope you weren't thinking I was judging you.  I follow you because you workouts inspire me.  I just meant that with your drive, I know you will succeed at whatever you decide is most important to you.  

Must have used the wrong tone in my typing.

It's all good! I know I could rock Maroon Velour, just like the interior of a 1970's Holden Statesman!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Week9 The Cube/Rep Deadlift 03.05.2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, jump squats, stretching, stuffs.

Rep Deadlift:

1x5@41kg

1x5@61kg

1x3@91kg

3x5@103.5kg

Block Pulls:

2x2@108.5kg

2" Deficit Deadlift:

3x3@98.5kg

Leg Extension:

4x10@40kg

Seated Row:

4x12@35kg

ABS:

Laying Leg Raises:

4x10

Scissor Kicks:

4x20

Stretching Stuff

Done! Have to do Bench tomorrow, woohoo.

Wait! What............?

Week9 The Cube/Explosive Bench 04/05/2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, dynamic stretches, dislocations, 1x10@15kg face pulls, 

Explosive Bench:

1x10@30kg

1x10@40kg

5x2@52.5kg

Close Grip Bench:

3x5@53.5kg

Bench with Pause 1" off chest:

3x6@48.5kg ( my arms were burning for the last 3 reps! )

Standing Tricep Extension:

3x10@5kg each arm ( my triceps are on fire right now )

BOR:

5x5@41kg ( still love these things )

So instead of doing any more reps or sets of anything, grabbed the broom and swept the shed and did a wee bit more cleaning up in there, slowly getting it together, should be able to get to the drum kit soon! Woohoo, gotta channel me some Dave Grohl!

Wait! What............?