I don't know how people with kids do anything for themselves.  I can barely take care of myself, but to have other people who want dinner and appointments and mommy/child time - I can't imagine.  

I've really scaled down my challenges.  No more "full paleo!" or "x grams of carbs!"  I've literally been like "gym 3x/wk" and "water."  T too.  It's agonizingly slow, but they've actually stuck after the challenges.

• Like 3

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Various BW exercises and machine stuff.

Squats:

1x10@bar

1x5@20kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@60kg

1x5@75kg

1x4@70kg

1x3@70kg

My actual notes in my workout log: "you kinda suck this tonight."

OHP:

5x5@20kg

Actual notes: "you kinda suck at this too"

Deadlift:

3x5@70kg

Actual notes: "when will you stop sucking"

Ice Cream:

Bent Over Row:

6x5@30kg

Close Grip Bench:

3x8@40kg

Curls:

Nope, the Bro's were in the way.

Cable Crunches:

4x10@20kg

So this was my sad, sorry effort in the gym. I was not in the best place mentally for this so I guess I get a pat on the back for actually doing it.

However I had an epiphany about what was going on and why my motivation has dropped out the bottom and headed into the abyss.

I am 44 years old, I am an overweight woman, I have a lot of things to do in my day, starting before sun up and finishing late into the night so my household runs smoothly, and everyone is seen to, including my parents.

So I should not beat myself up about the weight I am or am not lifting but should lift because I love it. I do not compete, so I should congratulate our awesome lifting Ladies instead of thinking I could, should be able to keep up, I do not have a coach, I am not looking to compete in bodybuilding comps, I should just back off from myself and just lift because I love it. I need to look after my family and lift because I love it.

Righto, new attitude in place! Lift because you love it, no more unrealistic expectations on me, lift because you love it and that is all!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

So I should not beat myself up about the weight I am or am not lifting but should lift because I love it. I do not compete, so I should congratulate our awesome lifting Ladies instead of thinking I could, should be able to keep up, I do not have a coach, I am not looking to compete in bodybuilding comps, I should just back off from myself and just lift because I love it. I need to look after my family and lift because I love it.

Righto, new attitude in place! Lift because you love it, no more unrealistic expectations on me, lift because you love it and that is all!

Wise words... :-) It's easy to look at the person next to you and subconsciously try to keep up with them. Oddly enough, you actually have to remind yourself not too, which seems kind of weird to me.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I'm putting this in my signature!

So many epiphanies in the weight room.

You could've been off mentally, but maybe it's also time for a deload week?

• Like 1

::Googling ANZAC day:::

Ooooh...

1. Anzac Day is one of Australia's most important national commemorative occasions. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War.
  • Like 2

We survived the All Night Vigil with no more than 2 hours of sleep, gathered in 20 minute blocks. We did the Dawn Service, we did the main ANZAC service and survived! I really like ANZAC Day.

Wait... it's ANZAC day again already.... how long have I been on this site?

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Don't know Insanity but I think I have been here 18 months or so now. You would be about the same?

Each day seems to bleed into the next around here, the only thing tht really changes is the height of the kids, they seem to need to keep growing!

Was curious and tracked it down, I'm closing in on 2 years.... damn times flies when you're having fun.

• Like 1

My first challenge

I couldn't do it! I had to get rid of it, it was ridiculous looking and depressing. I shaved my head today after leaving it alone since Christmas.

Feels so much better and looks right!

LOL... pics or it didn't happen. :-)

My first challenge

Strong Lifts:

Warm Up:

Skipping 2 minutes and various BW exercises and stretching.

Squats:

1x10@bar

1x10@20kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@60kg

5x5@70kg

Bench:

1x8@30kg

1x5@40kg

5x5@42.5kg

Bent Over Row:

5x5@40kg

Ice Cream:

Barbell Shrugs:

4x8@30kg

Calf Raises:

4x8@30kg

Tricep Extensions

4x8@20kg

Prone Hack Knife:

3x10 ( done because Hyperextensions were a bust )

Cable Crunches:

4x10@20kg

This felt alright tonight. I put the saw horses in for safety and worked pretty well. Looking forward to Wednesday, we're at our little gym again. Hopefully the Bro's come in after we are finished. Tossing around the idea of cardio...........

Wait! What............?

I couldn't do it! I had to get rid of it, it was ridiculous looking and depressing. I shaved my head today after leaving it alone since Christmas.

Feels so much better and looks right!

Hair is definitely overrated, aint no body got time for that!

Is it that time again? Time to get up and start the day.

Check on the new chooks, hopefully the foxes didn't get them.

No matter how much sleep I get, I'm always a bit shocked and offended when my alarm clock goes off in the morning. 

Hope your chickens are okay! Foxes are the worst. I had way too many emotional attachments to our ducks and chickens as a kid; it was heartbreaking. xD

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

The new chooks were alive, but obviously not used to kitchen scraps, threw them in there and they just sort of looked at me like " why is this woman throwing stuff at us? "

Schooling the two Lads today has been an absolute drag. You would have thought I had asked them to cut off their right legs the way they have carried on. So something that should have taken 2 maybe 3 hours has dragged on and on, we are into our 4th hour.........days like this I could easily put them into school!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Spent some time dicking around in the shed with the Eldest Lad tonight. It was really cool. He is showing an interest in lifting, awesome! Just doing super sets of different things and messing about.

Time for a shower and bed.

This whole time difference is weird... you're headed to bed, and it's not even lunch time for me. You wake up, and I'm heading to bed...

Just one of the cool things about the internet. :-)

• Like 2

My first challenge

29/4/2015

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching and rowing.

Squats:

1x10@bar

1x10@10kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@60kg

5x5@67.5kg

OHP:

1x5@20kg

5x5@30kg

Deadlifts:

2x5@60kg

Ok so feels on the lifts tonight. Extremely tired, have been up since 4.30 in the am. Drove 2hours for an appointment with Son5 at a prospective agricultural college. Yes he got in! Drove home, laundry and dishes, then drove 45 minutes to go pick up Son2, Son3 and Son4 from work, drove back to home town for gym. Was totally running on empty, and even had a chocolate bar to energise, yeah nah, just made me feel bad. I have a pain in my back on the right side just above my glutes, in that band of core muscles, not a tweak pain, but more of a fuck you used that muscle pain. Have put some anti inflammatory on it so we'll see how we go.

So no Ice-Cream tonight, just a basic 5x5, but cop this, 2 very weird things, 1) Bro was deadlifting in the squat rack...........yeah, exactly, he had the bar on the floor in the opening of the rack with his back toward where you rack the bar, doing what I think might have been sumo lifts, not sure, I didn't want to stare as my mouth kept dropping open, 2) Weight plates are going missing, my numbers are all messed up because 1 of the only 2, 5kg weights had gone as well as 1 of the 10kg plates, so had to find what I could to make even weights, how very odd.

Anyway I got a workout in so well chuffed about that.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Consistency...........such a hard word to live by.

Back feels heaps better, tried sleeping in the centre of the bed instead of on 2cm of edge, although I had to keep hauling myself back from the brink........easier when there isn't a child with cold feet behind you. :)

Hopefully it's right to go tonight when I get home, and lift.

Wait! What............?