Sports Bra Recommendations!

What topic is more appropriate for the ladies guild? I am on a perpetual search for a good sports bra. Right now I'm using the "two bra" method, one of which is about 6 years old and 35 lbs ago... really doesn't provide much support at all!

So obviously I need to invest in a new one, preferably a single one that's good for the larger chested ladies... I also am not a big fan of the uniboob style bras, so something with a wire works well. :)

What are you wearing, girls?

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

What are you wearing, girls?

I like the Champion brand PowerBack bras, bought at my local Academy sports & outdoor store. They have underwire, and they "left and separate" nicely. No uni-boob. I found I sometimes wear them in between workouts under my regular clothes. I like them that much. Plus, the racer back style (straps sit higher in my shoulders) is ideal for me since I have the bra strap groove on my shoulders from holding these girls up for so many years.

Hope this helps. =)

https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopNavCatalogSearch?Ntt=champion+powerback&Ntk=All&langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&N=0&krypto=iCh8P1m15tXJnSJzzSyPFw%3D%3D

~Mel ••• Starbuck is my hero •••

30-Day Paleo Challenge Extravaganza!! ~~ Mel's Workout Log ~~ Online Measurements ~~ Online Weight Log ~~ twitter

I'm definitely not large chested in any way, shape, or form, but I'm really picky about my sports bras.

I actually have a really hard time finding ones that have my cup size, as I'm a 32C, so a lot of brands really just don't work for me at allllll.

A few I really like:

Champion High Impact sports bras. I get them at target, I dont know if these are the exact ones, but examples:

http://www.target.com/p/C9-by-Champion-Women-s-High-Impact-Sports-Bra-Assorted-Colors/-/A-12773973

http://www.target.com/p/C9-by-Champion-Women-s-Molded-Cup-Racer-Back-Sports-Bra-Assorted-Colors/-/A-12757806

My favorite, hands down, is actually UnderArmour sports bras.

They're expensive, sometimes you can find them at Marshalls though.

But they are worth every penny, in my opinion - and you can get different cup sizes (So it'll be like, small - D support, or Medium, A support... etc)

And they last forever. I have some that are 2 years old and still look brand new (and y'all know how much I work out... so how much they've been used).

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

For running, I've tried many options and haven't found better support than this:

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/Ta-Ta-Tamer-31503

It's pricey, but definitely worth it if you're running or bouncing around a lot. If you're just looking for an overall fitness bra, though, you can probably do better with something cheaper.

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

yeah. i've renamed lululemon, "lululovesmymoney." my favorite shorts and sports bra are from there.

i'm also a big fan of the champion ones from target. (the ones spezzy linked to.)

i've also gotten a few from under armour's clearance area that are good.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I agree with Spezzy's UnderArmour recommendation -- I wear a 36D, so support has always been my primary concern. I have three three-year-old UnderArmour sports bras that I currently classify with my Nalgene in terms of indestructibility. Actually purchasing them means biting the bullet, wallet-wise, although sales are awesome.

If you don't need a lot of support, I like the C9 racerbacks from Target.

If you need even more support? Go talk to someone at Nordstrom's or a lingerie store of a similar caliber. A friend of mine who wears a 38F swears by the bra the lingerie person at Nordstrom's recommended she get, but I can't remember what brand it is.

Fitbit | Fitocracy | Endomondo | Tweets"The best time to plant an oak tree was twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today." - James Carville

I personally use Under Armour sports bras - the DD support ones contain and keep my DDD's (no really, not a typo) from bouncing around too much without constricting my ability to breathe.

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

I got a sports bra from Victoria's Secret body a couple of years ago. It was called "The Shock Absorber" (which I like cause it sounds like some kind of boob-protecting super hero) and really did the trick--and I'm a 36D. It does cause a little bit of an uni-boob situation, but it has other nice features like a mesh sweat window in the cleavagey area, higher straps, and living up to its name. I jog pain-free in that baby!

I'd Google and provide a link (assuming they still make them), but, alas, I'm at work.

The rain on my chest is a baptism. I am born again.

I have never been in Lululemon, it's always scared me with it's high prices and stylish yoga pants. :P But if the bra is worth it, I may venture in!

For your wallet's sake, just repeat to yourself as you enter: "I am only buying the bra, I am only buying the bra..."

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

I used to do the 2 bra method, and I still do if I'm doing something higher impact, but I'm going to also say Champion or UnderArmor are the way to go! I wear a 34DDD and I really don't want them dragging the floor in 20 years, so I need the support.

I also get them a bit small so I can just smash 'em down real tight. I've just come to terms with my uniboob :)

I've just come to terms with my uniboob :)

Agreed. I care more about them not bouncing than whether or not I've got uniboob going on. I'm working out, if you care about my uniboob, then you're at the gym for the wrong reasons.

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

I am a 38i and just at the beginning of my weight loss journey, but I would hate for anyone large chested to be discouraged before they start.

I'm running, which is a miracle at my size, but it requires two heavy duty sports bras. The first is an Enell, buckles in the front, does a wonderful job of keeping the girls from bouncing down. The second is a Goddess brand, buckles in back, does a wonderful job of keeping the girls from bouncing up.

The Enell works just fine alone for the elliptical. The Goddess works just fine for stationary bike. But both are required to jog.

I hope this information is helpful to someone. :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I need a lot of support and I totally second the Champion sports bras from Target. If I'm doing something like running, I'll add a second layer on top of the basic, usually one of the ones with the thinner racer-back straps and together they put my whole rack on lockdown. I'm not a lifter (yet!!) so I can't speak to that side of things, but for normal gym-workout activities except the treadmill, just the one Champion (which spezzy also mentioned near the top of this thread) gets the job done.

I had a Patagonia sports bra that literally lasted 7 years with constant washing. I purchased on clearance at a sports store years ago and I wish I purchased more. I try to order during their online sales or the rare Patagonia sale at REI. I'm not huge, but 36D is enough.

I agree with Lululemon (only tried it on in the store), but I have to wait a bit. :)

Finally venturing into the guild area and this one caught my eye.

My favorite bra is the Glamorise sport bra without wires model 1006. I love how they fit and they still look decent for regular wear too.

http://www.glamorise.com/style.php?/en/Glamorise_Sport/1006/Search

I set up a google search and buy them when they go on sale from whatever mail order place I can get. They usually last me about a year and I wear them all the time for everything not just working out.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

I have only ever heard wonderful things about Lulu bras. (Alas, 34FF does not fit into ANYTHING they carry bra wise.) Also, their clothes last forever, which makes the price worth it.

I'm going to have to see if I can find one of those UA sports bras. I've been through everything at Target to no avail.

The first is an Enell, buckles in the front, does a wonderful job of keeping the girls from bouncing down.

I second Enell 150% I am a DDD, and those things keep Thelma and Luise in place like no other! They are about $60 a pop, but last forever. They get me through spinning class, lifting, kickboxing...you name it! I would recommend trying one on at your local running store, or just take your measurements and compare on the Enell site.