MR_Willes "keeping-momentum" daily Battle-Log

Too bad the next six week challenge will start in 2 weeks... (just a teeny tiny bit impatient). Once the next challenge is started i will be reporting there. So this battle log will be for in between.

Think i have already made some good goals, and (w00t) maybe have to customize them a little when it actually starts, since they are coming along fine already. Feeling very optimistic and overall good at the moment, so to keep this momentum i decided to start a daily battle log. With a short introduction (see complete introduction to the Rebellion here: Introduction: So here goes...)

Short intro:

34 years old

173cm (5' 8")

74 KG (163 lbs)

1 Wife / 2 Kids / 1 Dog

0-23 year: easy-going, background, friendly, optimistic little chubby boy (never became a man, probably never will).

23-25 year: Stopped smoking and moved out of the house and went from 73 kg to 87 kg

25-30 year: Couchpotatoe with BMI of almost 29

30-33 year: Jojo-ing between 87kg and 76kg (Hackers-Diet and a little excersing)

33-34 year: Intermittent Fasting (5:2) and regular excercising, started at 84kg went to 74kg (BMI of 24.8)

Last year (as mentioned above 33-34 year) explained in a little more detail:

Been going regularly to the gym. Kickfun lessons, crosscore (crossfit), and aerobic fitness (running, elliptical and cycling). A little bit of running. Very proud of my first official run 16k in just over 1h:30min. At the moment running 12k within the hour. Felt like i was not doing enough. Asked an old jiu-jitsu buddy (who is now fitness instructor) to make a program so i can workout by myself at home with bodyweight. And started doing that 1,5 week ago.

My personal program consists of:

4 Burpees, 6 sit ups, 4 kettlebell deadlifts, 6 kettle bell upright rows, 8 mountainclimbers, 8 leg raises, 6 squats, 4 handicap pushups, 4 lunges and 6 kettlebell standing rows. I call that one cycle.

I try to get as many cycles as i can within 30 minutes (keeping proper form, form before speed). And when my watch says it's 30 minutes i finish the last cycle i'm in and note the amount of cycles and the time spent. Upping the reps when i feel things are going to easy

So i have recorded my excercises since 29 january and i will now start keeping a food diary (worth mentioning, no beers since 23rd of january):

Thursday Jan 29th:

Excercise:

Personal program: No cyles noted, 31 minutes 

Friday Jan 30th:

Excercise:

Canicross (running with dog): 5,41km in 35:24

Sunday Feb 1st:

Excercise:

Running: 7.04 km in 35:04

Monday Feb 2nd:

Excercise:

Personal program: 14 cycles in 32 minutes

Tuesday Feb 3rd:

Excercise:

Kickfun: 45 minutes

Wednesday Feb 4th:

Excercise:

Personal program: 14 cycles in 32 minutes

Thursday Feb 5th:

Excercise:

- MMA: 1 hour

- Corecross (Crossfit): 30 min.

Saturday Feb 7th:

Excercise:

Personal program: 15 cycles in 31 minutes

If you have any recommendations, tips or anything else (like wacky offtopic thoughts), REPLY! I love getting responses!

Cheers!

... a little odd in the head ...

Hey mr_willes, 

That looks like a great all around work-out program. Plus you are already running some nice distances. I don't see a lot of rest days though. Have you always trained almost everyday ? 

New Recruit | Level: 0 | BattleLog | Fitocracy

Long term goal : achieving the "simple" (32kg kettlebell) goal from Simple & Sinister. Started at 9kg, finished the 12kg, currently working on the 20kg, 4 KB size to go! 

30%
30%

I just added the personal program only 1,5 week ago. For resting days i also try to alter between the aerobic lessons at the gym and running on one side and the personal program on the other. Never the personal program 2 days in a row. The only thing i did too much was the crossfit lesson last thursday. Really felt that in the legs.

The personal program is designed for 8 weeks. After that i wanna start strength training and alter that with the aerobic at the gym and running. And throw in the occasional complete rest day, when my schedule leaves me no other choice. This week for instance my schedule doesn't leave me room for aerobic on mon tue and wed. So tomorrow i'm gonna cut work an hour short and was thinking about doing some sprint running on the track nearby (will be a firsttime, so if it's closed or i can't make tit otherwise it will be just a running session). And alternating doing my personal program on mon and wed.

But you think the schedule for the last ten days as layed out above is too much? It actually felt more like it's not enough, but i also feel that way on the "resting" days i had (they felt like slouching). I have to say, all my life people told me i didn't do enough, so maybe that got stuck in my head. Fresh view is always appreciated. So thank you for that!

Monday Feb 9th:
Excercise:
Personal program: 13 cycles in 31:30 (upped the reps)

Breakfast:
- Skipped
Lunch:
- Italian minestrone soup
- sweet potatoe/grapefruit salad
- smoked chicken with green fajita
Dinner:
- Shrimp/pasta salad
- seasoned steak

Eveningsnack:

- Handfull of red grapes

Drinks:
Tea, all day long
Water, during the workout

Thank you very much Erosan!

Yeah i'm quite pleased with where i am now, especially if i look back on the last 4 years. But i'm nowhere near i want to be. I want to kick someone down a well and freaking look like "King Leonidas", be it without the beard, that's just not me. And ofcourse just kidding about the well thing. But why not aim high! So i really hope that next 3 months will make a difference for and keep me as motivated as i am at the moment.

Battle plan for the next quarter of this year is to strip down some serious fat with the upcoming 6w-challenge (my first). And for the next challenge i will shift to lifting because it just seems like something i can really enjoy. I'm someone who loves doing something that i can track and that won't be a problem with the lifting. Just wish there was an easy accurate way to track my fat percentage for the upcoming 6w-challenge.

As for my battle log, the idea today is to fast untill supper, and do a sprint workout just before (in a fasted state). We are having fajitas with vegetables and chicken tonight, so i think that will be treat (prize after a day of commitment). No eating, running and eating. Looking forward. As for drinks today probably only a tea day today. So that's good. I'll let you know how it works out.

Like erosan said, great progress already! I think it's a good idea to focus first on a body fat challenge. 

Let us know how it goes with the workout before dinner. I usually train in the morning just after waking up (so after fasting for the night) but my performances are better if I train during the day. 

New Recruit | Level: 0 | BattleLog | Fitocracy

Long term goal : achieving the "simple" (32kg kettlebell) goal from Simple & Sinister. Started at 9kg, finished the 12kg, currently working on the 20kg, 4 KB size to go! 

30%
30%

Thank you BeWip. I think focussing on Bodyfat will give me the best start, the only thing wrong with that for me that it's hard to track (with numbers).

The workout before dinner was hard! I ran to the track within 5 minutes (it's less than 1 km away), so thought of that as warming up. And made 9 laps around the track which took me about 20 minutes in total (i lost track of # of laps, otherwise i would have made 10  :redface:). Afterwards ran back home (cooling down) for a total of 32:54. What a little complicating was the fact that it had rained on and off all day. And the track was a little green from the trees around thus a little slippery. For the running part this wasn't such a problem, but the sprinting was made a lot harder because i didn't only had to sprint, but sprint carefull not to slip and fall. That made it a lot harder, i could feel my muscles in my legs a lot better and couldn't go all the way! So by the time i got home i was completely done for. And it wasn't even 35 minutes. So i'm gonna have to do some more training to make that a little better. Very curious how it will go on a dry day.

Dinner was great! Speaking of that, i think the fasting made it a little harder, especially towards the last sprints. They felt harder and i wasn't able to keep the same speed as the first few. So that's also gonna be interesting to see how that will go next time.

Subbed you – as everyone else said, congratulations on your progress! :) 

I will also be looking forward to starting the next challenge with you – I am also very much waiting impatiently while warming up for it on the side. :)

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Wednesday Feb 11th:
Excercise:
Personal Program: 15 cycles in 32 minutes (did a "totals"-count, 960 reps!!! Woohoo)

Breakfast:
- Skipped, but had a Mango halfway in the morning
Lunch:
- 2 Crusty bread rolls (don't know the exact english word, a pic down below) with filet americain (or steak tartare, once again don't know the translation) and 2 eggs

- a cup of Leek soup
Dinner:
- 1,5 small potatoe

- a large portion of cream spinach

- 6 small drumsticks

Eveningsnack:

- None

Drinks:
Tea, all day long

Crusty bread role:

19.witte_pistolets.jpg

Hey!

Only one so far, which is "-Keep up your current routine despite constant travel over the next 6 weeks". Basically, the first challenge spans right over – moving out of my current flat, being homeless for two week, three youth conferences I am attending as a team leader (and which involve a lot of drinking and retarded work schedules) moving in with my boyfriend who is currently living in a dorm, and looking for a new flat to move into starting may. Oh, and find a job.

So, if I ever as much as manage to keep doing my morning routine consistently, I will be happy. ^^

Everything else I will decide on next week when I am finally done packing, since I need to evaluate what I will be realistically able to do over the next six weeks. "Be able to do one real push-up" is very high up as a goal, but I will probably have to wait for the challenge after that to really focus on it.

That said – 960 reps in 32 minutes is awesome! What are you aiming for next? :D

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Thursday Feb 12th:
Excercise:
MMA: 1 hour (warming up and cooling down was the hardest ;) )

Breakfast:
- 2 sandwiches with cheese and spicey meat
Lunch:
- Salad with an extra egg

- a cup of wild-mushroom soup
Dinner:
- "Potatoe/leek/minced meat" oven dish (small portion) with mashed applesauce

Eveningsnack:

- Handfull Salty cashew nuts

Drinks:
Tea, all day long

I try to get as many reps as possible within the cycles i start in half an hour. So next time my goal will be a lower time (between 30-32 minutes for 15 cycles). And the step after that will be upping the reps on individual sets, i think the pushup (which i changed from 4 handicap pushups to 3 regular pushups) will go to 4 first. After that gradually upping reps on the other sets.

It's a hell of a workout for me. I do it in the living room, we keep an ambient temperatur of 20 degree celsius, which really is too hot to workout in, but it gets me very sweaty. After the workout i sit on a towel on the couch for 5 minutes or so and the sweat just drips of my head and body! That's the best time of the workout! And the next day when i feel all the muscles in my legs ache ;)

Actually i think i'm gonna add 1 rep to 3 diferent sets which gives me a total of more than 1000 reps, so that's definitely my next goal :D

Oow and to keep me busy i joined the Spartan Plank challenge, i started with a 100 sec plank yesterday. My goal is a 3,5 (210 seconds) minute plank before the next 6w-challenge starts.

Friday Feb 13th:
Excercise:

Rest day, i can feel my body likes that, especially my legs.

Breakfast:
- Combined it with lunch as i slept 11,5 hours
Lunch:
- Baguette with cheese and ham and vegetables, and half an egg

- 2 cold leftover drumsticks

Dinner:
- "Potatoe/leek/minced meat" oven dish (small portion) with mashed applesauce

Eveningsnack:

- some cucumber slices, small sweet tomatoes, chicken strips and pieces of dry sausage (it was a small party, yeah!)

Drinks:
Tea, all day long

Crusty bread role:

19.witte_pistolets.jpg

that sir, looks like a http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolillo'>Bolillo to me. No english word for it that I know of. Why would there be one? after all, it is a Mexican bread :D

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Nice! Where did you get that report from?  :)

It's from my gymn, it has one of those fancy hospital-like scales, so i'm not sure how accurate it is but at least it's something

that sir, looks like a http://en.m.wikipedi...g/wiki/Bolillo'>Bolillo to me. No english word for it that I know of. Why would there be one? after all, it is a Mexican bread  :D 

If i look at the description on wiki for the bolillo it probably is about the same. I think every part of the world has their own "french bread".

Have some catching up to do with the reports. Due to a very busy weekend.

Saturday Feb 14th:
Excercise:

Rest day (due to schedule)

Breakfast:
- Skipped
Lunch:
- Bread with some sate and peanut sauce

Dinner:
- Chinese take out (restricted myself to rice, chicken, porc and egg, minimised the sauce, but had 2 portions)

Eveningsnack:

- Bread with some sate and peanut sauce (this tasted soooo good, that's almost always the case when i had some beers!)

Drinks:
Tea, all day long, but in the evening 8-10 glasses of beer then switched to 4-5 glasses apple-liquor (Apfelkorn)

Monday Feb 16th:
Excercise:

Personal Program 14 cycles in 31:30 (upped the reps)

Breakfast:
- Skipped
Lunch:
- Bread with cheese ham and egg and some mayo

- Egg

Dinner:
- An XXL turkish bread with Kebab, and 2 slices of pizza (that was way too much)

Eveningsnack:

- none

Drinks:
- Tea, all day long

Sidequest:

- Cleaned out the garage (Had that planned for my next 6w-challenge). Took me way less time than i thought,

• Like 1