Journal of a Beginning Sailor Senshi

sailormoon_4.gif

It takes a long time and many challenges for a regular girl to realise that she has the power take her destiny into her own hands and make of her life whatever she wants it to be. To understand that with regular practice, dedication and faith, she can be strong some day, strong enough to defeat powerful enemies.

tumblr_mz1zkgR5lf1rufh5do1_500.gif

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Subbed! Looking forward to cheering you on between challenges! :)

• Like 1

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

STR 9 | WIS 6 | CON 8 | CHA 3 | DEX 6 | INT 6

Current Challenge

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 -Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Five days into the Battle Log. Pretty bad all around fitness-wise.

I've eaten A LOT and not healthy (where are the veggies? I don't see them... oh wait here is one onion, a couple of garlic cloves... yep, I think that's it).

I've also walked less than the weeks before. I have been seriously slacking off!

Lazy Princess Halation!!

c7837e25a4cc1ab9c66301b814b69b42.jpg

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

I shall follow you here Nol!  I will follow you till the ENDS OF THE EARTH!!

lotr-walking.gif

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Ahem. Took measurements again today...

18/04/15

Body fat: 26%

Weight: ?

Arms: 25cm

Chest: 69cm

Waist: 65cm

Hips: 98cm

Thighs: 54cm

So I'm basically bigger and fatter than two months ago. Damn thyroid!

tumblr_mpqlp2CJ3C1rxui9eo1_500.gif

Gosh, I've used it so many times now... xD

It doesn't show much, but I definitely put on my usual 4kg, like clockwork, when my thyroid activity decreases I go from 50kg to 54kg.

Good news is that according to the measurement my body put those 4 extra kilos everywhere except my waist, which is pretty nice ^_^

I'm still feeling tired and generally meh. Muscles get tired at any kind of exertion and I feel the need to nap constantly, everyday is pretty much like those Sundays after partying too late and drinking too much.

tumblr_n2gu3bWHVs1rdbd0qo2_250.gif

To a point that I'm thinking I might have something on top of my Hashimoto (something like a little iron deficiency...). More on that after I see my doctor (potentially in another life with the waiting lists they have at my GP clinic).

------------

Enough on the ranting!

I need to help my body, it's struggling right now, so it's time to stop comfort eating and clean up my lifestyle a bit.

tumblr_mitrqnoNDn1rwg5boo1_500.gif

I don't feel up for it AT ALL, but it is necessary if I ever want to have my energy back. BECAUSE IT IS SPRING, DAMN IT! and Spring is the best season in Scotland, it's now or never to enjoy the sun and the long days, in three months it'll be over (summer is rain season here <_<).

Sooooooooo, I am going to do a challenge after all!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Measurements 27/04/2015:

just a quick record. I'll do a proper measurement and body fat calculation on Saturday.

Body fat: 25% (-1%)

Arms: 23cm (-2cm)

Chest: 68cm (-1%)

Waist: 62.5cm (-2,5cm)

Hips: 97.5cm (-0,5cm)

Thighs: 53cm (-1cm)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

New Measurements to begin the challenge!

9/6/2015

Body fat:  24.3%  (-0.7%)

Arms:  23cm (-)

Chest:  67cm (-1cm)

Waist:  62.5cm  (-)

Hips:  97cm (-0.5cm)

Thighs:  52cm (-1cm)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

So why am I here and what do I really want?

I have decided to work on figuring out what my deep motivations and drives are for being on Nerd Fitness. And I've decided to use my battle log to make sure I make time for that inner dialogue to happen.

So it's not really inner, and whoever might be reading this, it will probably get super boring (and ridiculous) so, yep, don't feel bad for not reading through ^_^

--------------------------------------------------

The dreams.

Part of me wants to be Super Strong. Like breaking a thick wooden shelf with my foot and doing pull-ups like it's nothing kinda strong.

Part of me wants to be thin. Really, really thin. The super thin that makes high waisted pants or knee high socks - or pretty much any piece of rag - look great.

Part of me wants to be healthy. Physically and mentally. Be radiant with health and feel energetic all day, every day.

Part of me wants to be a dancer. Others want me to be a singer, an actress, a Kung Fu master, a stunt woman, a superhero, a good friend, a good daughter, a good girlfriend, a good mother(?) ...

And yeah, part of me wishes I was a supermodel. Or a genius. Or an award winning performer. Or a badass Kung Fu fighter.

Looking good.

Feeling good.

Being actually strong.

Being able to defend myself.

Having Power over my own body. in a positive and loving way. Like being able to do the splits or a high kick.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Why I joined NF.

I guess that the major drive was this hope that maybe I can actually be fit.

I always thought that I just wasn't a sporty person and that being pretty weak was just me.

Then I also went through a cycle of health issues that made me properly weak, both physically and psychologically. Discovering NF coincided with treating my hypothyroidism and feeling some energy come back. So being energetic and just, normal, seemed possible again.

I think I feel normal again, and I know I can be fit and healthy now. I'm almost like an average person just with super sensitive gut and skin.

That's pretty good after a year after all.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Let's find a title.

So, I like how Tez has her trials towards that same goal of feline greatness and geeky Amazonian wonder.

I need something like that. I need a title that will carry my challenges over the long term, so that I can look ahead and be constantly reminded of where my goals will take me if I follow them.

I think I might need help with coming up with cool ideas. Is anyone still reading?  xD

Little-Mermaid-Ariel-Face-Palm-GIF.gif

To beauty, strength, health and Kung Fu. #1

Sing, dance, act and fight. Episode 1.

I dunno, it all sounds dumb xD

It's seriously time to sleep anyways. Hopefully my new challenge will be up soon!

New measurements will come, but it's almost menstruation time so I'll wait for that to be over. (or should i just measure all the time and see...)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

I'm reading!  I'm here reading a long! 

Hehe when it came to my title, I thought about jaguars (as I talked about) which are found in the Amazon and also are my favorite cats.  I think associating a favorite thing (animal, art, maybe like Kung Fu to your goal of being a super woman).  Hmmm maybe "A Kung Fu Master Who Has it All must..." or something like that.

Associating something you love with a long term interest or goal helps carry that on for a while.  I dunno if my title will ever change, but life evolves so my interests may shift too.

Can't wait for your new challenge!  :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

I'm reading!  I'm here reading a long! 

Hehe when it came to my title, I thought about jaguars (as I talked about) which are found in the Amazon and also are my favorite cats.  I think associating a favorite thing (animal, art, maybe like Kung Fu to your goal of being a super woman).  Hmmm maybe "A Kung Fu Master Who Has it All must..." or something like that.

Associating something you love with a long term interest or goal helps carry that on for a while.  I dunno if my title will ever change, but life evolves so my interests may shift too.

Can't wait for your new challenge!  :D

Thank you!! You are always amazing! :D

I've been thinking for a while, and here's what I like best "Finding the Great Senshi within. Chapter 1."

It's great to get a sailor senshi theme going, and it kind of encompasses all the stuff I dream of ^_^

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Now that is a great title :D.  Use it!  Use it as the theme of your goals and keep fighting forward chica!

Spoiler

---

---

---

10/08/2015

at 00:00, 3,5 hours after dinner. Day 4 of menstruation.

Body fat:  26.2% (+2%!!)

Weight: 53kg

Arms:  24cm (+1cm) yay muscle!

Chest:  67cm (-)

Waist:  66cm  (+3.5cm) it would appear that I am extremely bloated :( damn periods!

Hips:  97cm (-)

Thighs:  51cm (-1cm)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

07/09/2015

at 10:30, before eating. Probably PMSing.

Body fat:  23.9%

Weight: 52kg?

Arms:  23cm (-1cm) muscle is gone apparently xD

Chest:  67cm (-)

Waist:  63cm  (-3cm)

Hips:  95,5cm (-1,5cm) 

Thighs:  50,5cm (-0,5cm)

• Like 2

Current Challenge