Back to NF after long hiatus!

Hello! I joined NF last year, participated in two challenges, ventured elsewhere, and now I'm back.

I'm eating well, very paleo-esque. I tried a local Crossfit and liked it, but it's wicked expensive. I have 24-hr access to the fitness center at my apartment complex, and I have access to the fitness center at the local university. (Taking one night class a semester has its advantages.) Except for high heat and humidity, outside weather doesn't usually prevent outdoor activities. I have the facilities to become a fitness goddess, but I'm lacking in ideas. And support.

I've found it's hard to find other people locally who are interested in these types of fitness-based challenges. I liked the support I received on NF, and I'm looking for that feeling of being in a fitness-minded community. It's hard to be motivated when I feel like I'm doing this all alone.

Looking forward to being active on the boards again.

Some stats about me:

Female

36 years old

Single

Mom of teenager

Height: 5' 11"

Body frame: small

Weight @Sep 2010: 233 lbs

Weight @Sep 2011: 192 lbs

Next weight-loss goal: 150 lbs by Spring Break 2012

General fitness goals: increase running stamina, make workouts varied and fun, and be able to do a freakin' pullup

~Mel ••• Starbuck is my hero •••

30-Day Paleo Challenge Extravaganza!! ~~ Mel's Workout Log ~~ Online Measurements ~~ Online Weight Log ~~ twitter

I have a profile question. When viewing my profile, my photo shows. But now photo shows on my posts. Having trouble figuring out how to fix it so my photo shows on my posts, too. Anyone have suggestions??

30-Day Paleo Challenge Extravaganza!! ~~ Mel's Workout Log ~~ Online Measurements ~~ Online Weight Log ~~ twitter

I started my weight loss/fitness journey about 1 1/2 years ago. So far I have lost about 45 pounds and still have about 55 more to go.

WooHoo!! That's pretty sweet. Has it been pretty much steady, or with dips with plateaus?

At first it was pretty steady but for the last year it has been dips with plateaus. Of course the holidays have not been easy food wise but I have just been trying to get through them without regaining any weight. I think that I have been sucessfull but it is a little hard to tell since my weight tends to flucuate a few pounds here and there. Part of the reason for plateauing was that I insisted on only using the elliptical at the YMCA because I did not think that my feet could handle jogging on the treadmill and the bikes just did not feel like enough of a workout. I have since realized the error of my ways and now use a different kind of elliptical a couple of times a week and do interval jogging/walking on the treadmill which I started when I realized that it would not kill my feet. At 237 pounds I dealt with chronic heel pain. Now that I am in the 190s I no longer have pain in my heels but I was not going to take chances.

babycakes: I hear ya with the plateaus. I'm in a big one right now, although I've been slacking on the exercise, so I'm just grateful none of the weight came back. I've been focusing more on food choices lately. Getting back on NF forum has helped me get re-energized. I lost 40 lbs, been steady for 6 months, and hope to lose another 40 lbs.

And congrats on getting down to sub-200 weight! I know how that feels to have that first number be a "1" again!

babycakes: I hear ya with the plateaus. I'm in a big one right now, although I've been slacking on the exercise, so I'm just grateful none of the weight came back. I've been focusing more on food choices lately. Getting back on NF forum has helped me get re-energized. I lost 40 lbs, been steady for 6 months, and hope to lose another 40 lbs.

And congrats on getting down to sub-200 weight! I know how that feels to have that first number be a "1" again!

Thanks! Starting today I am right back to working on losing weight.