There and Back Again

Hey guys! I came here back in November of 2014 and have been lurking for a bit before I decided to join. I, like many others want to give you an introduction and a some back story so you have an idea where I've been. 

I've always been a nerd. I was a nerd before being a nerd or geek was cool. I've always been drawn to science fiction and fantasy for as long as I can remember. I've always been blessed with an awesome metabolism. I've never had to work at losing weight. I joined the Air Force because I wanted to see the world. I have been to some unbelievable places on this planet of ours. Turkey is still my most favorite country, which is saying a lot since I was raised in the country from Alabama.

In 2003 while driving to work on a country road in Germany another car and I met head on in the middle of the road. As a result I was in a coma for 3 weeks, wheelchair for half a year, and crutches for 2-3 years. I finally got tired of using the crutches so I was left with what I lovingly like to refer to as my "pimp limp". During this time I have had 11 major surgeries to try and fix me as best as they could. The doctors told me I would never walk right again. I would always have a limp they said. Well I went through my poor poor pitiful me stage and had depression for awhile. A German doctor changed my life and he will never know the impact he had on me. I was going in for a random check up complaining about the pain in my legs and knees all the time when he told me something I will never forget. He looked at me and told me, "Well you couldn't have legs." When he first told me that I was actually kinda pissed at him. lol However, after I left and thought about it, I was never the same. I started to fight, and I haven't slowed down since. It's been a long road back. I had to learn how to walk again, how to use my hands again. I never let this dissuade me. I am in pain 24/7 but it's pain I am grateful to have. After being medically retired from the Air Force I recovered but I always had my limp. I started to dance again. Just your basic line dancing but I loved it. Dancing fixed my limp. It was better than any therapy I ever had. However, I was still very weak. In 2012 a friend that I had went to grade school with opened up a Crossfit gym close to my house. He told me to come and he would get my strength back. I was a little skeptic when after the first wod I couldn't even lift a 15lb weight over my head. I stuck with it and after 3 months of going there I ran my first mile since my accident in '03 in 13 min 37 secs. Need less to say I was overjoyed. A couple months later I got a job and have been working ever since. However, this job was a third shift job and did not lend itself to have extra time to work out. During these 2 years of not working out or exercising I have developed a beer belly. I'm not as weak as I was when I first started Crossfit but I'm pretty close. I want to get my strength and mobility back. I now have a new job and I am starting back with Crossfit. I know firsthand it works. I know I'm a Ranger and I am perfectly okay with that. I guess after all of this I just wanted to say...never let anyone tell you what you can or can't do. You'll have to decide if it's true or not.

Kris

tl;dr Life kicked me in the junk...I said eff you. 

Hey guys! I came here back in November of 2014 and have been lurking for a bit before I decided to join. I, like many others want to give you an introduction and a some back story so you have an idea where I've been. 

I've always been a nerd. I was a nerd before being a nerd or geek was cool. I've always been drawn to science fiction and fantasy for as long as I can remember. I've always been blessed with an awesome metabolism. I've never had to work at losing weight. I joined the Air Force because I wanted to see the world. I have been to some unbelievable places on this planet of ours. Turkey is still my most favorite country, which is saying a lot since I was raised in the country from Alabama.

In 2003 while driving to work on a country road in Germany another car and I met head on in the middle of the road.

post-35290-0-08999500-1423794016_thumb.j

That is the end of the story? You were hit by a car and then??? Are you now a ghost?

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Nah..I hit submit instead of preview the first time. Doh!

Ha ;) I figured there must be more. What an amazing story of courage. Good for you for not giving up. Excited to watch as your journey continues

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

That's an incredible story, glad you were able to fight through it even with your set backs. Very inspiring. Keep fighting that hard and I'm sure you'll reach all of your goals in no time! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]