4 weeks of paleo.. And I'm putting weight ON???!

FoxtrotOff

@Foxtrot, if you like soups, this one is really, really good!

http://www.onceuponachef.com/2012/10/autumn-carrot-and-sweet-potato-soup.html

I leave out the honey just because it didn't seem to need it.

I've also made this with butternut squash and less sweet potato, and with parsnips added. I think any squash would work in this soup. If you eat dairy, a little dollop of yogurt when serving is nice in the soup; imagine a little dollop of coconut milk might be nice instead, just to add a bit more body. If you don't have apples handy, unsweetened applesauce works in a pinch too. The apples add a hint of sweetness.

This soup makes a huge batch and it freezes well.

Tallfellow Halfling Warrior, Level 1

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Quest 1  Battle Log

Strength train 3x/week (14/18 workouts, 1 w/o = 5.5%)

77%
77%

Eat slowly to 80% (34/42 days, day = 2.4%)

81.6%
81.6%

10 strict pushups (achieved!)

100%
100%

I've been making huge batches of Paleo soups lately.  Whenever I run out of inspiration I'll go to Pinterest to find something that looks yummy, and then I'll Paleo-ify it.

A large crockpot ought to give you a serving a day (or more) for about a week, and you can cram it as full of meat and veggies as you like (or do not like).

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.