Though I never stopped tracking the leveling-up of my life, I wasn't commenting on the NF forums. My old battle log is now inactive.

Here comes some more!

Me? I'm a family man, physician assistant, sci-fi novelist, and triathlete.

I have sucked at all of those except the PA at one time or another, but visualizing myself as a video game hero changed my perception, and I changed my level of success.

• Like 2

DWD

Hylian Scout

For those of you wondering how the Gannon-Bane Triathlon turned out, here's a link:

http://shellytheboxturtle.blogspot.com/

• Like 2

DWD

Hylian Scout

Super happy to see you back, DWD :D

I am SUBBED!!! :triumphant:

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Here are some of the deeds that got me to level 42:

15 consecutive weeks of listening to undertand, not to speak

15 consecutive weeks of balancing alpha male leadership with beta male compassion

12 consecutive weeks of playing on my kids' terms four times weekly

15 consecutive weeks of novel writing 20 minutes daily three times weekly

9 consecutive weeks of studying spiritual works at least five times weekly

7 consecutive weeks of getting home from work by 5:30 three times weekly

Not much athleticism or literary accomplishment this time. But Week One of training for the Ironman is done, and this week I'll have ready for my editor the draft of the sequel to my novel, Meaner Sort. I also have a publisher interested in a separate novel, SpaceBoots, and I talked to an audiobook company who'd like me to submit some work to them to consider. Woohoo!

Now I have to squeeze in time to study for my recertification exam. Strange to think I've been a physician assistant for six years now.

Two and a half years of this Legend of Nine project has helped me do some pretty sweet stuff.

• Like 2

DWD

Hylian Scout

I got a happy dance!

Don't forget book 4.

Here's a teaser for Spaceboots: http://spacebootsnovel.blogspot.com/

I'll be posting the cover for Meaner Sort in a few days. I'll be sure to let everyone know.

• Like 2

DWD

Hylian Scout

Thank you for the teaser! I like it very much! :cheerful:

Now, how long will I we have to wait for that one to be published? :nightmare:

Wait, there's a fourth in the series? Is this going to be a trilogy in five parts, now that you're level 42? :D

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Glad you do!

The wait - I don't know. The plan was to finish Spaceboots next. It's a separate young adult sci-fi, mostly for my kids since the Houses of Common series is too violent. But, I had a publisher show some interest, so now I'm waiting to see what they want to do. In the meantime, the final draft of Meaner Sort, the sequel to HOC, is done. I'll be getting it to the editor soon.

As for the triathlon stuff, Saturday was a four hour ride, 66 miles, followed by a 2.7 mile run. All faster than planned despite the cold rain. It's fun being tougher than a year ago!

I also completed 12 consecutive weeks of my nutrition plan, though I did plan and execute a week long hiatus over the holidays. I estimate this makes me about 80% vegan, 10% paleolithic, 10% cheater, and 100% feeling good.

• Like 2

DWD

Hylian Scout