Gunslinger born: Chapter 1 (erosan's challenge log)

erosan

Well done on other good day. How you finding those mountain climbers? I did some today - yuck!

Always intrigued by people who struggle to get to bed early enough to get a decent snooze. I am a BIG sleeper and feel like I'm just sleeping my life away sometimes but can't cope on less than 9 hours a night.

• Like 1

TKDgirl Level 3 amazon

STR 7 DEX 0 STA 7 CON 10 WIS 6 CHA 3

Challenges: 1 2, current

20 good form push ups

45%
45%

actually starsapart sort of forced me into perform another 50… I'm tired…

I LOVE sleeping… I don't have much time to do it anymore, but I used to sleep a minimum of 12 to 13 hours a day…

My problem is that although I can sleep a lot, I can function on very little sleep, and I am a real night owl… I can go to bed at 4am anyday without issues. Of course that clashes against society, who decided that regular people should be up, ready, showered, on a full stomach and on its way to work/school to do math (why was math always the first class anyways?)

I then experimented on a biphasic sleep schedule… and after that there was a stretch of time when I ended up sleeping as little as 4.5 hours a day… but those are stories for another day.

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Also, since plenty of the Brigade members roam around here... the new thread is up! (look at signature) and we already have a task to accomplish! go, go, go! > :D

Yipee!! Thanks :D

LilLucia

Level 2 | Wood Elf, Assassin in training

DAI-GURREN BRIGADIER

STR: 4.1 | DEX: 1.37 | STA: 1.37 | CON: 8.55 | WIS: 4.0 | CHA: 1.0

The first rung of the ladder: Challenge #1

Maintaining the ground & my sanity: Challenge #2

“A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.†— Helen Keller

I'm a confused musician/writer/reader/introvert/nerd, in training to be an awesome wife/nurse/tutor/mom.

I've toyed around with trying to cut sleep down to 8 hours a night but I just become a grumpy cow so it's not worth it. I figure I'd rather go to bed early and be in a better place to enjoy my children than stay up late (alone) and be grumpy when they're awake!

Going to attempt more mountain climbers today. As it's officially a rest day, I'm going to just split them up into small numbers of reps but completed throughout the day

TKDgirl Level 3 amazon

20 good form push ups

45%
45%

Rob‚ i does not seem technical, but it is true. See, we are all genetically inclined towards a sleep schedule, the proverbial early bird and the night owl. most of the one that think of themselves as a night owl are not though. Anyways, science confirms that early birds sleep longer, than night owls.

biphasic sleeping is doing your sleeping in 2 parts. I used to do a 4.5 hours core sleep from 3am to 7:30am and a nap from 6pm to 7:30pm. and it was THE BEST.

only reason I don't do it anymore is work schedule changed and it's though to make that nap work now…

I logged my experiment on this as a webpage/blog when I did it… and I could look up the webpage… but its in spanish. But check out steve pavlina… he used to do biphasic sleeping (although the 3hour core sleep/1.5 hour nap version)

tkdgirl, the real trick is understanding how sleeping works… while you sleep your brain goes through several phases, in a cycle that repeats a couple of times a night (each of them can bring dreams, which is why you sometimes remember several dreams in a night). Each cycle lasts about 90 minutes… and disrupting a cycle is not good for rest.

What this means in practice is that you will rest better, wake up easier and feel more rested if you sleep 7:30 hours than if you sleep 8:00 hours. crazy and counterintuitive… but thats how it goes, I swear. trying to wake your body at 8:00 mark means you are trying to wake in the middle of a cycle, when your body might be in a deep sleep state… and now you are asking your brain to go from super rest to awoken suddenly? that'll make him cranky… the other scenario (trying to wake at the 7:30 mark) would have you trying to wake your brain between cycles, during the shallow sleep phase, where brain activity is the closest to woken up… so there is less resistance.

As I've mentioned, I love sleeping… so this is a passionate theme for me. sorry for the long format reply, but you guy are following this thread, you are probably aware of my incapacity for writing few words… :D

• Like 1

oh and before I forget… went to bed 3:20… I left the office later, due to talking to my partner about direction of the company and other important stuff. but I did rest my 6 hours. so all is good

What this means in practice is that you will rest better, wake up easier and feel more rested if you sleep 7:30 hours than if you sleep 8:00 hours. crazy and counterintuitive… but thats how it goes, I swear. 

This is so true and the reason why I try not to use an alarm as much as possible. It does require me to go to bed on time though which can be tricky. And sometimes after a hard workout I sleep for an hour longer than expected. Luckily I have flexible work hours. ;)

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by the sleeping for 7 and a half hours being better - definitely explains why sometimes I feel very groggy in the mornings. Although, it makes no difference in the long run - if it's less than 9 hours, you don't want to be in my company that day!

TKDgirl Level 3 amazon

20 good form push ups

45%
45%

tkdgirl, the real trick is understanding how sleeping works… while you sleep your brain goes through several phases, in a cycle that repeats a couple of times a night (each of them can bring dreams, which is why you sometimes remember several dreams in a night). Each cycle lasts about 90 minutes… and disrupting a cycle is not good for rest.

What this means in practice is that you will rest better, wake up easier and feel more rested if you sleep 7:30 hours than if you sleep 8:00 hours. crazy and counterintuitive… but thats how it goes, I swear. trying to wake your body at 8:00 mark means you are trying to wake in the middle of a cycle, when your body might be in a deep sleep state… and now you are asking your brain to go from super rest to awoken suddenly? that'll make him cranky… the other scenario (trying to wake at the 7:30 mark) would have you trying to wake your brain between cycles, during the shallow sleep phase, where brain activity is the closest to woken up… so there is less resistance.

As I've mentioned, I love sleeping… so this is a passionate theme for me. sorry for the long format reply, but you guy are following this thread, you are probably aware of my incapacity for writing few words… :D

Wow such interesting information about sleep, I had no idea! Thanks Erosan! I normally try to stick to a consistent bedtime so that might be why I got upset the days after having to deviate from my normal sleep schedule. The more you know :)

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

ugh… yesterday's rest goals were a mess… I pretty much missed all of them.

did not left the office in time… right before leaving started reading… left at 3… which means I missed the go to bed before 3 part… and worse, yesterday my girl told me she was going out on a business trip due to an emergency situation with a client… she'll be gone for a week… meaning I'm in charge of taking the kid to school… meaning I need to wake up by 6… so much for sleeping 6 hours even if I go early to bed at 3am… sigh… I foresee adjustments to the goal.

also I ate a poutine serving, so I broke my paleo conduct...

Life happens, right?

It happens. Now get over it. :tongue:

If you can't go to bed earlier could you at least schedule in a nap? 3 hours sleep is no good.

Testify.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

it can be sufficient if needed, but yes I already took one… I think I'll have to go into biphasic sleep mode for this week…

OK, so the day was not a complete waste.

Workout:

Warmup: groundwork again.

5x5 Deep squats 2 stops (3secs down, 2 secs up) --> getting difficult.

5x5 Pike Pushup 2 stops (1sec down, 1 sec up)  --> need to work on the ROM

50 secs Straight back bridge hold

Aaaand... cut in half, very thin slices then 45 secs full power, 1:30 at 30%, flip and 45 sec @30%. If you are following the thread, you know what I'm talking about.

manzanafinal.jpg

• Like 6

Aaaand... cut in half, very thin slices then 45 secs full power, 1:30 at 30%, flip and 45 sec @30%. If you are following the thread, you know what I'm talking about.

SUCCESS!!! I may have to try this one :D.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Keep an eye on the apples lest they burn (remember there's plenty of sugars in there), each microwave might differ in power too... lesson learned: you need to play with your food and get to know the equipment you are working with.

Good thing I have a pile of apples at home right now. Apple chips here I come.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

OK, so the day was not a complete waste.

Workout:

Warmup: groundwork again.

5x5 Deep squats 2 stops (3secs down, 2 secs up) --> getting difficult.

5x5 Pike Pushup 2 stops (1sec down, 1 sec up)  --> need to work on the ROM

50 secs Straight back bridge hold

manzanafinal.jpg

*Drools* Those look so tasty! Congrats on getting your microwave experiments to work for ya! :)

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]