Gunslinger born: Chapter 1 (erosan's challenge log)

erosan

Totally need to have my kiddos tally up my workouts...well, at least the younger ones. The older ones would probably call me on my shortcomings. I can hear it now, "Daddy, you didn't go all the way up on that one so I'm not counting it."

Gnome Assassin: [3]
[sTR: 6] [DEX: 1] [STA: 5] [CON: 4] [WIS: 0] [CHA: 1]

âWhat we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pike

But he was just doing it out of love - you still got the credit for effort ;)

Gnome Assassin: [3]
[sTR: 6] [DEX: 1] [STA: 5] [CON: 4] [WIS: 0] [CHA: 1]

âWhat we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pike

pretty good. I'm probably doing closer to 90%… mostly I do potatoes from time to time and milk, because I'm not intolerant. other than that, im' pretty good at not eating crap anymore. but I try not to stress too much about it. too many other things in my life to stress about.

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

its a difficult juggling act, Urgan… you use the previous day's/week's/month's/day on prev year/season/day of the week sales… analyze them, think of the shelflife of each individual product, the cash flow of your restaurant, the time between order and delivery, account for weekends, paydays, holidays, special events, the superbowl an the planetary alignment of jupiter. then you say fuck it, go with your best intuition/guess and hope for the best.

sometimes hiring a voodoo man to sacrifice a chicken helps too.

LOL. I figured there might a casting of the bones involved... But really it's amazing considering how few times I've heard "we're out of X today" that it doesn't happen more often. 

Working out is hard when Life happens and you feel like curling up in the fetal position, good job in getting past that and doing that workout anyway.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

most of the time you know your avg daily sale and stock at least for 2 to 3 days to have a buffer, if not more, depending on your cashflow/business. few ingredients will last only a day if properly cared for, and it allows you time to restock too. also, buying in bulk usually means better prices… shortage of product usually happens due to either poor planning (eg order was placed but there is a holiday and will be delivered 3 days later than expected), problems with a supplier (eg the type/brand of cheese you use is out of stock for a month due to import law issues), or something catastrophic happened (a fridge went kaput over the weekend, all of the meat went bad or you ran out of money due to a poor month of sales and can't afford to buy every ingredient).

see? its a very mundane answer… buy more than what you will use in two days if you sell more than twice as much as you expected and still run out… thats not a problem (you call that a great night). sorry if that takes the magic out of it… but you asked

Kishi, I hope someday, when I grow old, I get to your level of skill with the words. Look at all the extra words I had to use, when I could've just used only 10:

"just like grocery shopping, only on a much larger scale."

• Like 1

Well that's no good then, because if it's anything like my grocery shopping, every once in a while there would be some VERY hungry folks...LOL.

Case in point, last night I discovered I had miscalculated the ingredient requirements of not one but two recipes. Fail.

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Well then, it looks like all the ass is being good and properly kicked here. Carry on, carry on! ^^

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

well… hectic life mode is still on, but at least I'm feeling better and will be able to resume my workouts soon. I've probably already failed this 6wc, unless I ignore the past 2 weeks (sick, no wife, host to my brother and family during their vacations, amongst other things, dinning out with bro/buying food he missed while in the states, etc).

that said, not completely failed… yes I have not been exercising… nor going to bed on time. but I've been sleeping more than 6 hours (way more on some days), I'm keeping my paleo conduct, I've lost some weight too.

I've been extra busy doing EVERYTHING, so at least I can say I am nailing the do something productive part of this challenge (except for that day I lost to netflix after following a recomendation for an anime on starsapart's awesome thread-- Sword Art Online, if you are wondering… but stay away from it lest you lose yourself for a while) .

oh well… you win some, you lose some. right? things should look up next week (starting tomorrow night actually, with the wife arriving from her business trip) and once I feel better I can go back to kicking all goal's asses.

• Like 1

I wouldn't give up halfway in, cut yourself a bit of slack for getting a slice of Life thrown at you and, to pull inspiration from Phayze, carry on. Adjust down a goal if necessary, but seems like you're still doing okay if you're getting enough sleep and your diet is on point for weight loss. These are good?

Nah, giving up is not my style.

2001-08-08.gif

I'll be back on my feet soon enough. The way I figured things out, the whole 6 week challenge deal is like running a 10k race. Yes, on the face of it you are trying to compete with everyone else in the race. But in reality you are only competing with yourself. I have not been able to nail all my goals 100%. But I'm making progress and as long as I keep on it, I'll be ok. The challenge and goals are for extra fun, but not what pushes me forward.

Cue "Life's incredible again" by michael giacchino and the training montage where I regain control/sense of purpose of my life.

Bob-works-out-3.gif

It will be done. (It has to, because you see... Apparently I'm Mr. Incredible! )

post-33838-0-05702800-1426172852_thumb.p

how did that happen? when did it happen? Dang, now there's a lot of pressure to live up to the name.

• Like 3

Glad to hear you're still going strong despite what life has thrown at you.

You're right, this whole thing is about pushing yourself to improve and not in pushing yourself to death. You're doing great, Mr incredible!

TKDgirl Level 3 amazon

STR 7 DEX 0 STA 7 CON 10 WIS 6 CHA 3

Challenges: 1 2, current

20 good form push ups

45%
45%

Am I 100% healthy? no.

But I'm back in the game, baby!

Continuing from where I left (because you don't lose all your hard work's results from skipping a week of exercise. You just don't lose muscle that fast.)

Narrarrow squats 5x5 1 second stop on the way down

5x5 slight incline pushup, 2 stops (3 secs going down, 2 secs going up)

5x5 negative pullups, with a 3 sec stop on the way down. And this time I nailed it (with a little help of my boy who kept telling me: "just one more" everytime I stopped.)

Also:

Damian's log

Deep squats 5x5 (he didn't even break a sweat with this one... actually making the first 10 back to back)

Pushups 3x5 (not the best form as far as arm placement go or ROM, but they get pretty close to proper pushups... dang the kid is strong)

Planks 10s, 5s, 5s (yup, proper form on this one).

I have to figure out what will I do as far as my goals... I think I'm gonna modify the amount of "challenge" exercises so I don't count the ones I was supposed to do while sick, because I think it would be unfair to punish myself for not working out when my priority was to heal... Besides, the challenge is not officially sanctioned, and is just a motivational tool, right? so as far as I feel I'm improving, I should allow myself to "win" ;P

• Like 1

yup!  Don't have the whole range of motion though, so I'm leaving deep narrow squats as my next level of difficulty. But I can make my thighs parallel to the floor... Ass to Floor (ATF) narrow squats will have to wait a bit still ^_^

That said, narrow squats are tougher than regulars... by like a lot. Different exercise, not used to it mayhaps.

Yeah, man, that's what I found. Like, it's not even a strength thing so much as a balance thing, and you have all these stabilizers that need to fire all at once and they just don't. Pretty crazy.

Have you tried doing a goblet version, holding something out front to act as a counter-balance?