• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gabz

Lunch on the go

I'm a student who has a fairly long commute to campus and I'm always struggling with healthy lunch options. I'm usually eating lunch on the train to school and dinner on the train to rugby practice. I've recently started eating paleo which cuts sandwiches out of my diet.

Does anyone have simple paleo lunch ideas/tips that are easily transported and don't need to be refrigerated/reheated?

Off the top of my head: beef jerky, veggies and dip, canned salmon/tuna/oysters, deli meats with lettuce, and mixed nuts come to mind.  I honestly wouldn't stress too much about anything kept in a sealed tupperware up to a day so you could feasibly take whatever you'd like with you.

Hope that helps at all.

One of the things I've seen recently is deli meat rolls.  Take what you would normally put on the sandwich along the meat, roll it up, and store.  I've been a fan of turkey, spinach, cheese, and horseradish rollups.  I also found eating the 4-5 rolls took longer than eating a sandwich, so it helped me feel a bit more full. (Though in all honesty, my lunch is part of my 20% Non-Primal/Paleo usually, though I switched out pita pockets for my heavier breads.  I fell into the boat that I've had sandwiches for lunch for years and year and now it feels odd to have anything else - so I was stressing more on that than was reasonable or healthy.)

Slice and roast some potatoes or sweet pots on the weekend or the night before and bring them in a container wherever. You can mix them in with whatever you were previously eating on your sandwich, if you want. Like a sweet potato hash on the run. Or just on the side. They're a tasty convenient snack on the go. Wrap it up all in some lettuce.

Fruit.