Trolleybags gets her woggle out...

Hornbeam

...and joins the Scouts

Running's been on my list of things to do for, somewhat, ever. I get to a certain point in a beginners' programme, and just stop. It's never my number one goal, and other things take over. But not this time. On this challenge it's my number one. That's why I've joined the Scouts. Hello. It's also why I've signed up to a couple of races later in the year.

So:

1. Run 5k without stopping - will involve finishing Zombies' Run 5k training, and starting to go to parkrun (STA - 5)

2. Yoga 3 times a week. My osteopath put me on to doyogawithme.com. They've got workouts of different lengths, focusing on different parts of the body. I'd hope to do something every day, but for a pass, it's 3 times a week.  (DEX - 3)(CON - 2)

3. Meditation. It helps every other part of my life, so I must make time for it. 10 minutes a day, 5 days a week. (WIS - 3)(CHA - 2)

Lifewise: I'm going to sort out personal admin systems. That will partly be about morning routines, and partly working out how best to work. I'm an actor and writer, self-employed, and too often get waylaid. Systems to sort that are the way forward, so I'll be working on that this challenge. Trying some stuff out. It will also include finance: closing dormant bank accounts, shifting current account to a more ethical one, sorting out receipts for tax purposes, and putting a filing system together so that tax isn't a nightmare each year. (WIS - 2)(CON - 2)

I found on the last challenge that I ended up concentrating on only one quest (doing a Whole30), which wasn't a bad thing. If the same happens this time, and I can only get one quest done, it's running.

Bring it etc.

• Like 7

Hornbeam

Level 3 High Elf Scout

STR: 3 | DEX: 0 | STA: 5 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

current challenge

"Higher, Lighter, Simpler, More Joyful"

Welcome aboard! 

I used Zombies, Run for a while and really enjoyed it ... the story helped distract me JUST enough to make my runs go quickly. 

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

I LOVE Zombies, Run! I'm trying to get back into running and a big motivator is to finally continue the story because oh man, I miss Sam and Maxine and the others fiercely.

Best of luck to you!

• Like 2

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Stolen a march on the lifequest. Have applied to transfer my current account to a more ethical provider. I was with HSBC, but am so very tired of big corporations and tax dodging bullshit!

Nice to have ticked something off before the challenge even starts!

• Like 1

Hornbeam

Level 3 High Elf Scout

current challenge

Hey! love your goals! totally gonna check out that yoga site! been needing to get back into it, but here in france theres too many people in the classes that it's hard to get in your zone if you even get one of the coveted places so that site sounds great! good luck!

• Like 1

Went for a run! Woot! I mean, didn't run much. Still very much walking. But doing bursts of 2.5 - 5 minutees of running, and when I think how 30 seconds used to break me, I'm really pleased.

In less good news, my macbook charger has got lost in the post. Sixty-five quid to replace it! Jeeeeebus!

• Like 5

Hornbeam

Level 3 High Elf Scout

current challenge

Subbed ....

tsp-fastfood-design.jpg

• Like 4

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Rule number One: Cardio-  Just keep working at running, when I started running it was on an indoor track 17laps to the mile; and I couldn't run more than two consecutive laps without being gassed.  It just takes perseverance.  Keep at it.

• Like 3

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

My personal ethic is to run till I need to walk, then walk till I feel like running. No shame as long as the legs are still moving. :)

• Like 2

"Magic?" the old man replied, his raspy voice curling around the pipe like smoke,

"There's no such thing as that; not the way they mean...

There's sight, there's wisdom, and there's motion.

The rest is just...seeing what happens."

I just started with Zombies, Run! I have been running on the treadmill as it's been ridiculously cold here for several days, and the dialogue helps to stave off boredom. Subbed! Good luck!

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

Walking when needed is still time on your feet.  :)  I used C25K and when I ran for 15 min. then 20 min. I felt so motivated.  I still remember doing 3 miles for the first time one morning before work.  I felt so amazing when I hopped on by bike afterwards to ride to work.  I was on top of the world for the entire day!  It just keeps getting better and better.  Really excited for you!

• Like 3

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

I've been really impressed with how complex the story is given the form and all. Also, if you've not seen it, this is really cute . . .

• Like 1

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Dib dib dib.

Park Run is such a great thing. I wish I could be arsed getting up that early on a Saturday more often, but when I've been it's a fantastic atmosphere.

I like your idea about switching banks too. I might pinch that as part of my good citizenship goal.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Just remember, you don't need be the fastest when the apocalypse comes, just not the slowest...

• Like 2

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Ran this morning! Hooray! Stilled walked most of it, and stopped for stretchings, but covered 5k in 51minutes. It's nice to have done that distance, and I can keep checking in with times, and gradually knock the minutes off.

Got home and yoga'd. And meditated on a very delayed train. Not wholly what I'm going for, but I'll take the first day win so far. 

The above makes me feel like I'm edging towards a morning routine too, so it's all good so far.

• Like 3

Hornbeam

Level 3 High Elf Scout

current challenge

A fellow runner 5 huzzah! Where are you currently at in the story?

I'm not even sure :)

I don't remember where I left off in season 1 (it was over a year ago), so once I finish the 5k app I'll probably start the story over but running instead of walking.

I haven't started the 5k one yet - plan on starting tomorrow though!

A. Pike