Shaarawy Gets Magical - Sailor Moon Style

shaar

This...feels... oddly familiar [emoji14]

Heehee... WELCOME BACK!! I always do my main post around lunchtime because I usually don't have a ton of internetting time after work, but if I do, addendum time!!! (Or I'll just post it the next day. Either way, addendum!!!)
  • Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Yayyyyyy on the downdog improvement! I love it, when there is something like a pose that makes progress so tangible. You could do downdog before and after pics ;)

Like some people do on splits...

Lol on your barre description, this is exactly why I haven't yet dared venture into a barre class. I think I would be like that after the first 5 minutes :D

That and logistics being tricky, which might just be a nifty excuse

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

I was wondering who I missed on my challenge following binge and then realized I hadn't read a novel in a while- and then it dawned on me that I was missing your thread ;)

Awesome goals, you better post those beer pics, I'm totally jelly!!!

YAY WELCOME!!!

Yeah we are really looking forward to the limited release - this brewery is making an "angel" series over the course of a year, 4 sours each with a different fruit!  The first one is raspberry, next is peach?  Apricot?

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

Week 1 Day 2

IT SNOWED IN NORTH CAROLINA.

BATTEN THE HATCHES.

tumblr_njpxd630vL1s2b3pko1_500.gif

We got maybe 1/2 an inch and the town pretty much shut down.  (At least schools and government jobs.)  Now the snow is gone but it's frigid and rainy and I have baby icicles outside of my office!  FUN!!  I'm hoping my drive home is uneventful.  (Growing up in New England, it's not me I'm worried about...)  And of course it's ALWAYS the big 4x4 trucks that cause all the accidents, driving around all macho and whatever, every accident I've seen has a giant redneck truck in it, AND on my way to work this morning one was right on my ass, I wanted to stop my car and get out and scale the side of the truck to his window (I'm short, these things are big) and yell ARE YOU TRULY A MORON, REALLY, TRULY

tumblr_m6ptnrlES81rqrq7ho2_r1_250.gif

This morning I did Day 11 of Yoga with Adriene.  It was a MUCH needed stretch after barre last night - oof.  My quads are still not happy.  I'm planning on doing my next two days of yoga tomorrow and Thursday, then pilates Friday (I should really remember to sign up for that) because I'll be in lovely Charleston SC from Friday evening - Sunday!!!!!!!!

Also did some good hamstring and caveman stretches this morning, about 10 minutes.  I also have theboon of being able to fit hammy stretches in at work - I can place my foot flat against the wall in front of me and lean forward... ahh, lovely.

I think that's all for now... looking forward to lunch salad big time, I am STARVING today!!  (I blame the weather!)

• Like 5

»  kom starkru

ALSO in Charleston (rather right outside of town, on our way home) there is a tavern devoted to EDGAR ALLEN POE (called Poe's, natch) that I am heavily lobbying for a stop at!  IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!

Double post because FOOD.

tumblr_m6pjtiiyTL1qi75yxo3_250.gif

• Like 4

»  kom starkru

ALSO in Charleston (rather right outside of town, on our way home) there is a tavern devoted to EDGAR ALLEN POE (called Poe's, natch) that I am heavily lobbying for a stop at!  IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!

Tryin to plotting a Charleston get away with (and for) the wife ... will add it to my life of places to try :D

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

Tryin to plotting a Charleston get away with (and for) the wife ... will add it to my life of places to try :D

Aaaahhh Charleston downtown is just so quaint and charming and beautiful, like off of a southern postcard.  I almost like it better than Savannah.... almost!! :)

I would not have the patience to deal with southern rednecks and their giant compensating trucks. We have a few up here, but to have the everywhere? *shudder* No thanks. I'll stay in the midwest. :D

OH JEEZ trucks = compensation BIG TIME... I hate the ones that are SO loud too, I drive a tiny little sports car and I just hope they see me and don't drive over me. @_@;;;;

• Like 2

»  kom starkru

I would not have the patience to deal with southern rednecks and their giant compensating trucks. We have a few up here, but to have the everywhere? *shudder* No thanks. I'll stay in the midwest. :D

I have heard many a story about people from the south moving up to Colorado with their trucks and then getting absolutely destroyed by the snow.  "But I got a truck!  I should handle snow and a little ice!"

No dear boy...what you need to handle snow and ice are some decent tires.  And if that truck is rear-wheel drive...

VK4fHoG.gif

You're on your own.

• Like 3

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

I have heard many a story about people from the south moving up to Colorado with their trucks and then getting absolutely destroyed by the snow.  "But I got a truck!  I should handle snow and a little ice!"

No dear boy...what you need to handle snow and ice are some decent tires.  And if that truck is rear-wheel drive...

VK4fHoG.gif

You're on own.

For real :D I had a little rear wheel drive truck once. I was pretty cautious with it, so I never gotten taken out, but ONCE I totally did a 180 on a deserted street (thank goodness). Up here, it's the pricks who think their all wheel drive/4 wheel drive makes them invisible. They cause the problems  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

I moved from NC to CT just this past summer, but I grew up here and am used to it. A friend of mine moved from CT to MD at the same time. She was so happy that she'd get to avoid the worst of the snow, not realizing that 1" is still bad when people don't know how to deal with it. I'd rather drive in a blizzard up here than a snow shower down there.

• Like 3

Level 2 -- Druid

STR 1 | STA 2 | DEX 3 | CON 4 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Main Quest: Lose 70 lbs in 2015. 15 down, 55 to go.

Challenge 2 (Druid)

Challenge 1 (Recruit)

I'd rather drive in a blizzard up here than a snow shower down there.

THIS SO MUCH.  15000000% so much.  It's like common sense flies out the window and everyone either drives:

A. 10mph

B. 70mph

C. Still with their nose buried deep in their iPhone (let's face it, this happens anyways)

• Like 2

»  kom starkru

THIS SO MUCH.  15000000% so much.  It's like common sense flies out the window and everyone either drives:

A. 10mph

B. 70mph

C. Still with their nose buried deep in their iPhone (let's face it, this happens anyways)

That's a bit of a rock and hard place isn't it?

"Oh dear this idiot is going really slow...the weather is shit but I'm sure I can pass him real quick"...*gets hit by an asshole going 70* "DAMMIT!!"

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

I moved from NC to CT just this past summer, but I grew up here and am used to it. A friend of mine moved from CT to MD at the same time. She was so happy that she'd get to avoid the worst of the snow, not realizing that 1" is still bad when people don't know how to deal with it. I'd rather drive in a blizzard up here than a snow shower down there.

Yes. Yes. This. 

MD resident here. A 13 minute drive this Saturday took an hour and forty-five minutes. HOUR AND FORTY-FIVE MINUTES. In the drivers defense, the roads were not pre-treated or plowed at all and we got about 8 inches of snow. Cars getting stuck left and right. Oh Moco, glad you saved tax dollars on that pesky salt, but next time lets think about your tax payers!

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Aaaahhh Charleston downtown is just so quaint and charming and beautiful, like off of a southern postcard.  I almost like it better than Savannah.... almost!! :)

Savannah is just so amazing ... need to get back there. As neither of us has been to Charleston its will be nice to do together. :) Though she's also thinking Asheville 

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

Yes. Yes. This. 

MD resident here. A 13 minute drive this Saturday took an hour and forty-five minutes. HOUR AND FORTY-FIVE MINUTES. In the drivers defense, the roads were not pre-treated or plowed at all and we got about 8 inches of snow. Cars getting stuck left and right. Oh Moco, glad you saved tax dollars on that pesky salt, but next time lets think about your tax payers!

BLAHAHA I will never forget the time it took me THREE.  HOURS.  To get from the Germantown exit (15B?) to Gaithersburg/Rockville (8?) because of a foot of snow.  I had to pee so bad in my car I nearly died.  270 was a war zone.  Girl, I feel your pain!!!

Savannah is just so amazing ... need to get back there. As neither of us has been to Charleston its will be nice to do together. :) Though she's also thinking Asheville 

Asheville has a BEAUTIFUL craft beer scene.  You will cry.  It is lovely.  It is also hippie-nouveau in the mountains and just so wonderful.  We have a lot of cool cities down here!! :D

Meanwhile, in WI we can't even get school cancelled with a foot of snow -_-  NO snow days yet this year. So sad.

I miss having snow days in New England!  :(  They are a part of winter childhood, darnit, I hope you all have one soon :D

»  kom starkru

You're on your own.

LOL... trucks and snow... throw a bunch of weight in the bed if you want to do anything....

Also.. rear-wheel drive is totally doable in snow... (says the girl who drove a Fiero in snow in Philly during college *shudders*)

• Like 3

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

LOL... trucks and snow... throw a bunch of weight in the bed if you want to do anything....

Also.. rear-wheel drive is totally doable in snow... (says the girl who drove a Fiero in snow in Philly during college *shudders*)

But what about ice? I drive a Mustang and it took me 30 minutes to go 2.2 miles from work to home during last year's Snowpocalypse. I lost traction three or four times along the way.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

To be fair, I control a rear-wheel drive vehicle just fine in blizzards, but I also have a lot of practice.... and I stay home when I have the option, because just because I know how to stop on a slippery road doesn't mean that other people do.

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I think, the key word is 'practice' as opposed to 'flip out' which is what most southerners tend to do! 

»  kom starkru