The 10,000 swing challenge is the stuff of legends in kettlebell circles. It's been used, copied, morphed and twisted. I'm inviting you to join me in a 10,000 swing challenge. This challenge will be kept very simple but you should add your own flourishes.

Simply put, by the time the next challenge rolls out (early April) I challenge you to do 10,000 kettlebell hinge movements.

If you think that you're up to that basic challenge, read the Q&A and head over to the spreadsheet to signup.

Q&A

Q: What's a "kettlebell hinge movement"?

A: Any movement taking the kettlebell from below your hips to above your hips counts. This includes but is not limited to swings, snatches and cleans.

Q: What if I think 10,000 is too many (too few)?

A: You are allowed to do as many as you want, with any weight you want. I would encourage you to do the math, how many workouts will you do between now and April, how many swings will you do per work, now multiply. I would also remind you to challenge yourself.

Q: Do you mean one arm or two arm sings?

A: I mean any number of arms. A two handed swing counts the same as a one handed swing which counts the same as a two kettlebell swing (one in each hand)

Q: What if I hurt myself?

A: Please don't but if you do, take care of yourself and come back when you can. The idea of this group is to be encouraging, not punitive. 

Q: Can I just watch?

A: Yes, but I'd encourage you not to.

Q: What is I don't have access to a kettlebell

A: You could theoretically do this with a dumbbell but honestly, I would say this may not be the right challenge for you.

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

I'm ready. My swing total is puny compared to  you guys, but I am trying to build up somewhat slowly. Anyway for me it's a challenge. My challenge thread isn't up yet. I'll fill in that blank when I get my thread up

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'm ready. My swing total is puny compared to  you guys, but I am trying to build up somewhat slowly. Anyway for me it's a challenge. My challenge thread isn't up yet. I'll fill in that blank when I get my thread up

to be honest my goal is a bit of a stretch, but worked it out at 250ish swings a day...break that down further and its 5 sets of 50 or 10 sets of 25, suddenly it didn't seem so bad....will see a few days in though :)

• Like 2

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Oh god, shiny new challenge to consider. I did the math If I strictly follow my program, I'll do 2900 swings during the 6 week challenge. Still a long way to go towards 10k. I might up the number of reps but I will continue working on increasing KB size instead of number of reps for now. Maybe some other time. I'll follow eagerly everyone's results thought. 

• Like 2

New Recruit | Level: 0 | BattleLog | Fitocracy

Long term goal : achieving the "simple" (32kg kettlebell) goal from Simple & Sinister. Started at 9kg, finished the 12kg, currently working on the 20kg, 4 KB size to go! 

30%
30%

Oh god, shiny new challenge to consider. I did the math If I strictly follow my program, I'll do 2900 swings during the 6 week challenge. Still a long way to go towards 10k. I might up the number of reps but I will continue working on increasing KB size instead of number of reps for now. Maybe some other time. I'll follow eagerly everyone's results thought. 

I'm working on increasing size more than reps too. That's why I signed up for a lesser number. But hopefully the challenge will keep me motivated to do the swings daily. And to up my reps a bit, because right now I think I'm not pushing myself enough.

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

How are the rest of you doing on the swings?

Haven't seem many updates from Swampling, Cracker, Or Loathed. Or maybe you are planning on waiting to the last weeks to do all your swings? :playful:

Yeah, about that... turns out that after some math wrangling I came up with "no swing challenge this challenge" :( My plate is full as it is with Floor 1 and classes, and this old body does need rest occasionally. :(

The numbers I could reasonably aim for looked ridiculously low :P, so I'm hoping you guys will offer something like this again some time?

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I'm kinda a bit behind...

I post Monday Stronglifts workout have been hobbling about feeling like my left buttock has been used for punt team practise...So as yet, I have posted no swings, only sweary words and lots of hot baths :?

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads