It is all about that base... according to Elril.

elril

The swimming part is the most inconvenient (at this point), it is hard to compete with out the door for a run, but I am committed to it and love it.  

Tonight I got a 4 mi run in before dinner to try and knock the frustration from work off before dealing with the kids.

• Like 2

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

One hour bike ride in before things started getting nuts today.  Hoping to stretch and write tonight.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

*giggles behind hand*

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Silly gnome, do not pee in the pool of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with katsup...

Managed to get in 20min of yoga stretching last night and did my 6mi run on the dreadmill this morning.  Will I get to writing today... I think so.

• Like 2

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

So I did manage to write Saturday evening as the day wore out.  Sunday I got up and joined my wife in a household scrubbing, mopping, dusting, shampooing the carpets.  Then a 90 min bike ride and I did 20 min of yoga before bed.  Sat up reading too late and didn't make my 5AM run today though, so that will be an after work effort.

• Like 1

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Managed to get in the run yesterday, after picking my boy up from school sick :(  This morning I got up at five and did the master's swim too.  Lots of IM stuff this time.  Total of 2500yds.

• Like 2

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Last night I did 15min of yoga before crawling into bed to read before sleeping (trying to avoid electronics just prior to sleeping).  This morning I got up and put in a 45min bike ride.   Took me a while to loosen up and get going, kinda a slow start, but the workout got done.

• Like 2

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

You are definitely determined.  Out of curiosity what kind of pace do you knock out on your bike rides?  

For an hour or less I am averaging 19-20mph.  Usually closer to 20, but like I said,this morning I was dragging.  Closer to the 19 this AM.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Oh cool.  I am usually around 17-19 (fluctuates as I ride...17 warming up and then 18-19 for the majority of the ride).  Every now and again I will do it for 20-22 for rides less than 40 minutes.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

My real complaint is that is how fast my wheel is spinning, but I know the road (and wind) is a different set of circumstances.  But the trainer is what I got until spring...

This morning made it to master's swim again 2700yds with lots of IM stuff.  There was a little drama.  Today was the last day of the session and the next one starts on the 10th.  Unfortunately some people missed that fact and didn't sign up before the session filled.  Tonight I need to run again and then write or yoga.  Maybe all three?  I am feeling more energized than yesterday.  It must be a bug, my whole household is dragging.

• Like 2

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Glad you're feeling better.

So is this writing something you would share with us? I need a little inspiration to get started up writing again. I have a story for Hans that I need to finish.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Potentially, but not today.  It is just a short story currently, writing to write/get better at writing.

• Like 2

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

last night got home and made dinner for the boys and myself as my wife was getting home late (been a rough week).  Took care of the dishes, let them watch some Phineas and Ferb and I jumped on the dreadmill.  4.5mi later I am done and they are out of the shower.  Talk with the wife some and then go watch anime with the kids.  After I send them off to bed I managed to get a half hour of yoga in, which my hips and thighs and calves desperately need. No writing though.  This morning I got up and burned out a hour on the trainer.  Last night my wife wanted to switch trainers, so I was using the newer one this morning.  The major difference is on the older one, with the resistance on it, I average about 20mph.  On the new one, set to the highest resistance I average closer to 29mph.  I am pretty sure that isn't anything realistic to actually being on the road, but I kept my cadence up and cranking on the big ring.

Tonight the kids have their swim team end of season party (last friday night getting consumed by swim team for the school year).  I am hoping to write when I get home from that.  Then I have my long run and ride for the weekend along with running D&D for the kids and their friends and possibly burning through a box of .22 rounds at the range with the boys.  

• Like 2

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

You weekend sounds fantastic!  You know what goes well with gun powder (used to shoot trap and handguns)....a nice juicy perfectly cooked steak!   Mmmmm

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

A steak would be great, I made split pea soup instead.  Last gesture to winter.  I wrote for an hour while the kids had their swim party and then proof read what I wrote today.  So that covers my writing for the week.  Doing yoga, then dinner, and then family board game night.  No real workout for me today, the lungs are feeling gunky again.  I think it is my allergies that just won't let go.  That and I haven't had a rest day in two weeks, I should probably have one right?  So tomorrow I am running seven miles (probably outside!).  Depending on how that feels, I might get the 105min on the bike in too.  That would be like 4-5 episodes of Archer though.  Go team weekend.

• Like 2

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Phineas and Ferb!

Tonight the kids have their swim team end of season party (last friday night getting consumed by swim team for the school year).  I am hoping to write when I get home from that.  Then I have my long run and ride for the weekend along with running D&D for the kids and their friends and possibly burning through a box of .22 rounds at the range with the boys.  

^^^^

I want all this!

Wow. I hope you're doing okay with so few rest days. Be careful, ya?!

Hope the rest of the weekend is fun. Perhaps the allergies will back off soon?

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Seven miler in, the melt refreeze thing made me slow down a bit (icy!).  But I got to run outside!

• Like 3

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Aaaand did the bike ride too.  Go bonus points.  Next Tuesday will start the next session of Master's.  I wonder if that will change up the lanes?  Bump me up to the shark workouts?  I notice that I am not getting any of the bonus swim points, but I am four for four on the run and bike ones. 

• Like 2

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Whew, be careful running on that refreeze. I lived in Montana for ten years, I know what that stuff can be like. I mean, I loved it -- just walking on that stuff is as much brain work as playing basketball. You just gotta pay attention and don't go so far you lose focus before you get back.  ;)

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.