It is all about that base... according to Elril.

elril

It is a fiction story, alternate earth type things.  Aliens are invading (not from space) and there is magic-y type stuff.

• Like 3

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Hey, just catching up on your thread. Looking good! Even when your bad weekend went bad, you still managed to get back up again like a champ.

Aliens not from space? Got my interest.

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.

Thanks for the support.  Last night I didn't write, I did run and do yoga though, while my wife was at the pool with the kids.  They were all suppose to swim laps, but the boys were not so much.  There was some tension involved I understand. This morning I got up and cranked out an hour on the bike.  Last weekend I put new tires on my and my wife's bikes in anticipation of getting them outside.  Don't know what I had set up wrong this morning, but I took a couple years off my tire.  Black rubber bits everywhere.

Hoping to write over lunch today and tonight take the boys to the climbing gym.  Tomorrow is long run day and possibly playing D&D with the boys.  If that falls through I think we'll go shooting instead.  Sunday is long ride day and somewhere over the weekend I need to work in another yoga session and another writing session.  So all in all, a rather quiet weekend.

• Like 1

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Yeah, then there is 23 or kids to steer through and in front of their parents....

So Saturday I ran out nine miles on the treadmill.  I think that is the longest I have ever run on the treadmill.  I swear it will never be further.  Woke up this morning and did Yoga to try and get my legs functional after that run.  Played a game of Agricola with the family while it sleeted out.  Lunch was a sausage and cabbage dish that I spilled a bit too much caraway into.  Then it was on the trainer for 2 hours and fifteen minutes.  So, watched three episodes of Grimm and long after parts of my anatomy went numb I finished that up.

Looks like I am doing pretty well with one week to go.  Considering 6 of my run, swim, and bike workouts were "bonus" I am doing well enough if not perfect.  My writing has slipped, but isn't totally forgotten.  If I hadn't gotten that stomach bug I'd be really rockin', but I don't really have anything to complain about.

• Like 3

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Monday was lunch run day.  Sorta that in between weather that is hard to dress for.  Coming back to work is the hard part.  The sweater was too much (sweaty mess), but I would have froze in just a T, especially when I turned into the wind.  Regardless, 4.25mi outside, felt better after I finished.

• Like 1

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Made it into Master's Swim this morning, though waking up was a bear.  I am running short on sleep from my insomnia Sunday.  Just not recovered yet.  Did the long swim, though I ran out of time for the cool down.  Had to get to work.  Unfortunately I will have to cut Thursday's really short to get to work early for a big project that is coming to a head then (lots of the reasons for my insomnia).  

• Like 2

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Insomnia, ouch. I can relate to that (especially on Sunday nights). I remember a couple times working a Monday eleven-hour shift on no sleep and then going for a run afterwards and hitting a new PR. -- And then spending the whole rest of the week trying to recover.

Any particular goals or plans for the final week?

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.