Strength all day every day

My second challenge is over and one thing I loved was logging my programming so I could revisit the workouts I set up for myself or that my coach set up for me. So here's a log to keep that going. 

I workout at a kinetic strength gym, and we use a lot of custom implements (photos in my gallery of some of it). There is no "leg day" at our gym. We use everything, since everything in the body is connected. Every day is leg day, I guess. And arms and back and chest. I love it. 

Yesterday we did:

Kettlebell farmer's walks, 54# KB each hand until failure (400 ft, 400 ft, 300 ft)

Bench press 10 reps for 10 rounds (did four rounds of 95#, then dropped to 85# for remaining six rounds)

between bench press sets, 10 squats with weight (first four rounds I cleaned and held a 54# KB for five reps on each side, then we moved to a 50# compression bar for remaining rounds)

Then we did chest presses with a bar that has cannonball grips for 5 presses and a step for 50 feet, then shifted the angle of the press on the way back for 50 feet. 

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

See my instagram for photos of my training and also my Sphynx cats.

I log my daily programming at my battle log.

Challenges: Current - Warrior 2 - Warrior 1

Laddered 10 20 30 40 reps of 25# mace "axe chops" to warm up.

5 push-ups

10 lunges 36 each hand, 4 sets between the sit-ups and push-ups

5 sit-ups

5 push-ups

10 sit-ups

10 knee to elbow push-up, 2 sets

20 sit-ups

20 kb swings 36#, 2 sets

20 cleans 36, 10 each arm, 5 sets

10 cleans 54 5 each arm, 3 sets

15 swings 54#, 4 sets

10 hanging knee raise slow down, 2 sets

125# rows 5x5

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

Today, since I signed up for a kettlebell challenge on here, I used kettlebells. SURPRISE!!!!

Started with one kettlebell in each hand at 18# per side, swinging 20 reps and laddering down to 1 rep. 

36# kettlebell cleans, 10 reps each side.

Sumo deadlift hi-pulls in a circuit using 36# for 10 reps, 54# for 5 reps, and 72# for 3 reps and adding 1 extra rep to 72# each round up to 10 reps. 

After that, I did five sets of 6 knee to elbow pushups and walked on the NordicTrack at an incline for 6 minutes to cool off. 

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

Kettlebell movements:
18# snatches, two sets of 20, 10 each hand
Kettlebell swings, 18# each hand in sets of 20, 19, and 18
Switched to one 36# kettlebell and laddered reps from 17 down to 1.
Did two more ladder rounds laddering from 10 down to 1. 
Sumo deadlift high pull 36# laddering from 10 reps down to 1.
Then back to 18# each hand swinging in reps from 10 down to 1.
Finished off with 9 more sets of 10 to make it an even 500 reps. 

Spent the rest of my time working on mobility with some stretches. 

Tomorrow will be a breather from kettlebells. Looking forward to rock climbing and then hitting the gym later for some barbell work. 

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

Today I did an hour of rock climbing at my local rock gym. Practiced level 1,2, and 3 paths (no idea what the terminology is) and focused on learning more about how to negotiate using push moves and pull moves instead of just hanging and grabbing. Took my partner who wanted to die but had fun.

I even scored a photo! And yes, I do wear black. 

Rock climbing fun

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

Yesterday I went to one of my usual two strength training classes. We used planks with weights to do pretty much the whole workout, which consisted of pressing and pulling those planks every angle possible while squatting, turning, twisting and swinging. My plank had shot put handles (3 inch balls), so I focused on my grip strength and pushing the plank together to hang on. Tons of muscle failure since every movement was until fail. Finished off with mobility for the tight back and hammies. Today is a lunchtime workout, which I enjoy since no one is usually around. 

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

Yesterday at lunch I did kettlebell and core fun at the gym.

Opened with swings using 1 18# kettlebell in each hand in sets of 10 for 1, then 25 sit-ups. Then 4 sets of 25 swings and 25 sit-ups after that round.

Ramped up to 36# kettlebell doing 100 swings, alternating sets of 10 and 20 until done.

25 sit-ups. 

36# swings in 4 sets of 25.

25 sit-ups.

Closed out kettlebells with 10 sets of 10 sumo deadlift hi-pulls with 54# kettlebell and 1 round of as many sit-ups as possible without stopping (62, but I probably could have squeezed out 10-20 more if I hadn't eaten oatmeal before working out). 

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

Today was apparently the worst arm day ever. Opened up with various curls (strict, full opening of muscle and using abs and core to tighten and lift) doing as many as possible to failure at each station three times on three implements. Then a circuit of Viking press, chest fly on a balance ball, bench press with compression bar and pushups (strict for me, no flops) all in 10-15 reps each. Did it forwards three times then backwards three times and then did some mobility work on the wall focusing on wrist mobility. Then finished with some J presses with our custom welded strength things in sets of 20 5 rounds.

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

I'm baaaaaack. Today was viking presses with 65 on the 45# bar at 20, 25 and 30 reps to warm up, then axe chops with 10# maces on each side for 40, 80 and 100 reps with 20 pushups between each set. Then 50 body weight rows and 10 weird arch movement flys with 5# weights for three rounds and then 500 kb swings at 36# cos YOLO.

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

Today opened with walking lunges holding rolling thunder grips with 25# each side for 200 feet then 35# each hand then 54# each hand for a fun PR of 108# walking lunges. Then we did thrusters using a pipe with chained swinging weights attached and did reps going from 25 each side up to 40# each side in 5-10 reps until my failure round, then stripped and did 5-10 reps for a few more rounds. Then one hand deadlifts with fat grip dumbbell at 60# switching hands until failure in 10 rounds total. Then 500 kb swings with 18# each hand and sit-ups holding one 18# kettlebell to my chest (100 reps total in sets of 20). Good day.

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

This weekend fitness was sidelined while the family dealt with an ill family member's near passing. Tough time emotionally. Went back to gym last night to get some emotions out.

Opened with thrusters on viking press. First set of 10 was at 45# on barbell, upped to 65# then 90# for sets of 10. Did four more sets of 90# on barbell at 10 reps. Then we did stripped bench press sets in 5 reps down to 1 rep hovering between 95 and 130 while doing the reps since we would add weight until we couldn't do the higher number and then dropped to lower rep sets and added weight there and so on. That was 30 minutes of benching, basically, and somewhere close to 100 reps total. :/

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

Back to being better about logging. Ugh.

Yesterday I went solo and reverted back to my OHP 5x5s, dropping down to an easy 95# to start. Did one burnout set with just the empty barbell. Did sit-ups with no weight, then 10# then 15# then 20# for sets of 10 in two rounds, between sets of 95# romanian deadlifts, regular deadlifts and power cleans. Light load due to what has to be the worst case of sciatica I've ever had - my foot is even numb. Working on that, too, with lacrosse ball and foam roller...it's piriformis syndrome rearing its ugly head. Amazing. Nerves are awful. 

Anywho, light night, tons of sciatica, etc. 

Tonight, we mas. 

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

Yesterday's mas wrestling was me and four guys. So, with no ladies to wrestle with, I had to do the training movements with the guys. That. Sucked. Upside: If i KEEP doing this, I'll be way stronger than the other lady mas wrestlers and reach my goal of being state ranked. OR TAKE OVER THE WORLD. 

In the meantime, 

wk5CgtuW1ptza.gif

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin