This time IGAF! nightlight, take 2.

nightlight

Little piece of cleanliess is good. Also pull-ups are like the first thing that love to disappear as soon as you stop working on them. You are working on them again though, so you'll be back in prime, strict form in no time, I know it, my dear. 

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Ok here it is.

cacd5703c748c77fd9361906792cef5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, is that your wall? I'm in love with it! Masonry inside a space is so soothing.

Can I have your wall? I'll take care of it. Promise.

Good job getting to the gym, like Tron said, you'll be back to slaying it in no-time. Just avoid re-injury and take care of yourself along the way.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Wufkar Stops Making Excuses

------------------------------------------------------

I am in a similar place with pull ups. I used to have them and have now discovered that I'm not even close anymore. I find it such a struggle to work on them too...I just get so angry with myself for losing them.

Yay for having a clean, organised kitchen! I find that achievements like that somehow make it easier to get motivated to do other things that you need to (I'm not entirely sure that sentence actually makes sense).

i'm glad i told my coach that i want to get them back. so he's programming them in. i have pull ups 2x per week in my plan. and because i'm paying him, i have to do them. :) 

Little piece of cleanliess is good. Also pull-ups are like the first thing that love to disappear as soon as you stop working on them. You are working on them again though, so you'll be back in prime, strict form in no time, I know it, my dear. 

thanks. i hope they come back.

OMG, is that your wall? I'm in love with it! Masonry inside a space is so soothing.

Can I have your wall? I'll take care of it. Promise.

Good job getting to the gym, like Tron said, you'll be back to slaying it in no-time. Just avoid re-injury and take care of yourself along the way.

yeah that's my wall. :) as i clean up maybe you'll get more pics. :) 

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Oooh, are you going to take before and after pictures?  I think I'm going to start doing that with my clutter. :D

maybe.

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Day 3

Goal 1: Go to the fucking box and fix yo self. 

not a work out day, but i did my rehab stuff at the box while waiting to coach. (goal 1 part 2)

i did forget to do couch stretch, and i'm paying for it today. my back is also a little tight because i was demo-ing kettlbell swings. i wasn't using heavy bell or anything, so i know i didn't HURT myself. i think a lot of it is psychosomatic too. tonight i'm deadlifting and coaching (judging the open) so we'll see how i feel tomorrow. 

Goal 2: Dani Two-Bricks

food was not horrible, but also not great. 

i did allow for a few girl scout cookies. i'm definitely too lenient with myself when i'm at work. i also got to the box and it didn't look like my KBK meal was delivered, so i didn't eat dinner. then at 9:30 when i was closing up i saw my meal was there. i'm saving that for tonight's dinner. i did go home and eat some egg drop soup. i LOVE egg drop soup. and yay for using up leftovers.  though, i know this is "don't eat like an asshole week" and i know i'm not really eating like an asshole, but i might on saturday. i have tapas with the BFF and i have a box of girl samoas that need to be eaten. 

Goal 3: Get Your Mind Right

i did not do one thing last night. i got home, heated up my soup and after i was done eating, i threw some stim on my back while vegging out with the tele. i got home at 10:05 and was in bed by 11. Slept for crap, but it's ok. 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Sorry I'm late, no one told me there was a new challenge.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Sorry I'm late, no one told me there was a new challenge.

it's cool. i'm just here rambling. 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

someone please remind me the next time i think snacking on goldfish (the crackers) at work is a good idea, that i'm a fucking idiot. my stomach hurts and i'm all bloated and feel shitty. stupid goldfishey goodness. 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

<3 youuuu

I wanna see new nightlight kitchen area IRL pls.

Come visit!!!

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Day 4

deadlift day!

4x4 @ 100lbs with a 5 sec hold at the top of the final rep. 

(warm ups were 2x4 @ bar (more stiff legged) 1x4 @ 65 and 1x4 @ 85) 

These felt good. I'm working on keeping more of a neutral spine, rather than overextending as I always do. 

3x5 deficit deadlifts (stopping 1 inch off the floor)  w/ 75lbs

these were harder. the weight wasn't challenging, but keeping myself in a good position was. i felt like the bar kept coming away from me and floating outward. 

3x10 rows w/ 15lb dumbbell. 

i think next week i can go up to 20lbs. WOOOO. (this was 3x10 each arm)

3x5 wide grip pull ups with little band resistance

these sucked. i did the right number of reps but it wasn't 3x5. they were in twos and threes.  

food was fine. until i got home and ate girl scout cookies. 

lunch: tacos from chipotle (chicken, fajita veggies, lettuce, med salsa, corn salsa, cheese)

snack: goldfish (boooo)

dinner: kbk 3 block snack (3 chicken 5 spice meatballs, sweet potato mash)

after i got home: 5 samoas (at least it's not 5 boxes?)

i didn't do anything last night. we were supposed to do the open so i was at the box till the announcement, and then we didn't end up doing it (needing judges) because Head Coach didn't anyone dropping weight until we get our new pads in. (we've had complaints) soooo i basically lost 2 hours of my day. i mean, i am happy to hang out at the box, but i was tired and i just wanted to go to bed. so when i got home, i put stim on my back because i was freaking out a little because it was feeling weird. and i think weird = fatigue. i'm just not used to anything but pain there any more, so really, ANY feelings freak me out. 

i will be doing three things today, to make up for last night and the night before. this is fine, because i'm working from home anyway. :) 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

So, I did one thing while on a conference call. I cleaned off the top of my sofa. It's usually a landing strip for everything. The only allowable items that "live there" are my home laptop, PS3 controller, remote control for TiVo. My headphones are there because I use them on calls that aren't run through my computer.

8e3fb94ccc43f1a0698ff2eaf5b5ac5d.jpg0426349b9ecea2b34419348972c49f43.jpg

• Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Woo hoo. Great job decluttering one of your hotspots. We have a 2nd couch that for some reason collects ALL THE CRAP

my whole apartment collects ALL THE CRAP. hahah

• Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Day 5

nada.  

food was not horrible. 

i had a perfect bar for breakfast

some soup for lunch

dinner was out with mulder. we split a flatbread and some meat and cheese, and each had a glass of wine. 

i cleared my sofa. 

that's one. haha. 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Annnnd now I'm dying inside.

c7b2079597294eccb7a6e906937d8b83.jpg

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Nooooo! That's so sad!

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Day 6

3x5 heavy DB press per arm, one side at a time, strongman style
did these with 20lbs in each hand. will be able to do more next week. it was challenging, but not super hard. the most challenging part was keeping my ribs down and spine neutral.

3x5 front squats w/ barbell
- stupid easy.

3 sets: 10 air squats, 10 jumping lunges, 10 walking lunges, 10 air squats (rest 3min between these, all 4 exercises are 1 set)
set times: 1:06
1:10
1:04

ehh.. let's not talk about this.

i did the dishes. i cleaned off my coffee table ottoman thing.

and then took my guitar out of it's case to noodle around, and found it was cracked. i am so bummed. it's going to be ~$300 to repair, i think. for a ~1200 guitar, i guess it's not a lot to repair, but still. sooooo bummed. going to take it in on saturday. at least my electric won't crack. stupid dry apartment.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Day 7 + week wrap up

nein

not horrible. but bad because i only ate two meals. 

the last one was a burger (dry with pickles) onion rings, and half a strawberry milkshake.

i gathered trash, took the trash out, and got some stuff ready for lunch today. 

Week wrap up:

good on workouts

only 1 day rehab, need to make sure i get my 3.

food = ok. need to step up my game this week

do one thing = 5 days compliance.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Day 8 

yes. LBBS

warm up: 45/65/85 x 6 each

working sets 4x6 at 100lbs

these felt ok, but my form wasn't great as it's the first time i'm doing LBBS. i'm basically doing a HBBS with low bar positioning. so i'll need to fix that

Incline bench

3x7 w/ pause on chest @65lbs

these were tough. i couldn't get the last rep of the last set. so i sat up with the bar, stood up, and cleaned it. (hang) bad move. i felt that little baby lightening in my back. it was probably a 10th of the pain that happens when it goes out, but it was still there. and it scared the holy fuck out of me. i felt fine after (fatigued b/c of exercises) and this morning i feel ok. but i was having dreams that i was in pain, so i feel like i was in pain all night.  i planned to do rehab after getting home. also need to talk to GOMAD (new name for coach) about the clean issue. (See below goal 3)

4x7 (each leg) step ups with 35lb dumbbells in each hand.

LOLWTFBBQ. 

yeah. no. form was shit with everything except 20lbs. so i did 20. and it still sucked. but it was good suck.

3x12 (each side) side bends with 30 lb dumbells

these were interesting. i think they will be good for me. 

not horrible. 

breakfast: belgian waffle w/ bacon (some butter and syrup) 

(i was starving when i finally got food. bad dani.)

lunch: leftover egg drop soup (no noodles or anything)

pre workout: 3/4 scoop Assault

post workout: whey + water

dinner: mulder's breakfast bowl. (1T almond butter, 1/2 cup oat bran, 2T Chia seeds, 3T Hempseeds, 1/2 c blueberries w/ 8oz water)  Mulder left one in the CF fridge for me to try, and i figured it would be a good post workout carby meal. i was planning on also eating chicken, but i wasn't hungry anymore. 

4774DF1E-4C51-4726-BA5E-6D21EFCD3422.jpg

i did a bunch of rehab and relaxing stuff after i got home from coaching. worked out from 5-6:15, ate, coached 6:30/7:30/8:30 classes. i figured i should be proactive about helping my back feel better, even if it was just mental. so, i got home, put the kettle on for some natural calm, changed into pjs. turned on house of cards, and got down with my foam roller. i did:

side to sides (knees go side to side, spinal twist sort of thing, but very gentle)

piriformis stretch 4x 30 sec each side

3x10 glute bridges

2x figure 4 stretches

then i did stim. 10 minutes on the mid/high erectors. then 20 minutes on the low back, drinking my natural calm. went to bed and read for 10 minutes. i started reading this book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6640453-healing-back-pain

head coach made some comment to me about it when i was really in pain, and i downloaded it. it's pretty interesting. and i don't doubt that there is a neuro/emotional connection that medicine hasn't figured out yet. i was thinking about what was going on when my back has gone out, and i'm now wondering if it was a coincidence that it was so bad this time because it was the same time my mom was diagnosed with cancer, and going through her surgeries. i'm not saying that i don't have "structural damage." i have the MRIs that show that. But i'm wondering if i can control my mind to calm the pain receptors and my nerves. 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter