Priscillia becomes a Dark Lady

Priscillia

w00t for SCORPIO without hands, that is awesome  :triumphant:  :triumphant:

want to see the pics, Give us the pics!!

please

You are training so much on the pole these days, sure it would be great if it would work out still, but giving bruises time to heal isn't a bad thing either.

Am no good with home-made sprays and other things, sorry. My sister is a pharmacist, whenever I need stuff I go to her ;)

She made me an awesome creme with essential oils (immortelle being the most helpful part) that works miracles for me if I use it straight after training. And that smells heavenly too.

I personally love Patchouli but I guess I wouldn't want it as a strong deodorant either. In traces its real nice

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Cross knee hang back <3

These are elbow stands, not headstands.  My head is technically floating just above the floor.

Cross knee hang back is one of the things I am hoping for in my next course, it looks awesome with you!!

Is it as painful as I imagine it to be?

LOVE your pole shorts!!

And those headstand/elbow stand variations are just too cool

you_rock_05.gif

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Literally copy and paste the browser link you don't need the embed code. Make sure its http and not https though (just remove the s if it is)

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

You are awesome ;)

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

I personally love Patchouli but I guess I wouldn't want it as a strong deodorant either. In traces its real nice

Yea the deodorant is kept in an airtight container to keep it longer, but jeeze, you open it and it's all BOOOM PATCHOULI!  If it were less then maybe it wouldn't work as well.  Lush had a sandalwood and lemongrass one once upon a time but discontinued it :(  I think I may have tolerated that more.

Now my big sweater smells of it (well, better than sweat and BO I guess).  At least it's all natural and works better than the drugstore brands so far?

Wow, I'm so impressed! You look amazing doing those!

Thanks!  I felt amazing too (and then super dead tired for the next class hahaha).

Cross knee hang back is one of the things I am hoping for in my next course, it looks awesome with you!!

Is it as painful as I imagine it to be?

LOVE your pole shorts!!

And those headstand/elbow stand variations are just too cool

I wouldn't say painful so much as "OH HECK I'M SLIPPING" at least imo... another girl has pain problems with it but I've found it's the sticking and not slipping part that's been my biggest problem (and then flipping down since you know, you're super arched and if you slip, it's head first).

If you want to try at home, just climb and sit, then bring the top leg's foot cross the knee (well, just under it), straighten the bottom and then butt down, leg up!  Once you have that, then it's building pain tolerance (AND NOT SLIPPING).  So let go of both hands for a few seconds and then increase those times.  Or you can try just flipping down but get someone to spot you until you're comfy enough with the position.

LOL I think half the studio has these shorts!  My instructor has them and 2 other girls had them for that class haha.  They're awesome.  Got them at Forever 21 during black friday sales :D

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Regarding deodorant - I used to use the lush bars but they were too scrapey for my pits. I've been making this for a year or so and I love it! And you can control the smell.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12842/diy-all-natural-coconut-deodorant.html

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Regarding deodorant - I used to use the lush bars but they were too scrapey for my pits. I've been making this for a year or so and I love it! And you can control the smell.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12842/diy-all-natural-coconut-deodorant.html

Sounds good!  I'm guessing it works well with the tkd marathons on the weekends?  Also how well does it keep in containers and what type of container would you suggest? 

I normally leave my gym bag in the car in the summer, so kinda worried about the coconut oil (though I guess that's why other recipes add beeswax).

---

Day 3, Week 1 Recap

Crucio - Nada, forgot to do leg raises (Unless you count dental work as pain tolerance? heh)

Imperio - Big time breathing exercises (yoga/meditation) before/during dental appmt

Avada Kedavra - Work treats (peanut butter chocolate balls) 3/3, Soda 1/3

Minions - Chucked some makeup (going to follow Into-Mind's Building a Makeup kit from scratch)

Distopia - Nada

I swear the lisp I had after my lower jaw was frozen at the dentist's was the funniest thing of the night hehehe.  It was a baaad lisp.

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Peanut butter chocolate balls? Are these magic and home made (IF SO PLEASE SHARE THE RECIPE) or something bought?

Magic and home made... by a co-worker's girlfriend.  So I don't have the recipe, HOWEVER these look like the ones I had (though it was only 50% covered in chocolate).

On a side note, totally failed on the no treats at work >.< if it's chocolates or chocolates+nut something I'm done.  Donuts are easy to resist, but not this choco stuff people keep bringing for me to try lol.  This is what I get for being in the same room as the chocolate stash for the studio hehe.

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Sounds good! I'm guessing it works well with the tkd marathons on the weekends? Also how well does it keep in containers and what type of container would you suggest?

I normally leave my gym bag in the car in the summer, so kinda worried about the coconut oil (though I guess that's why other recipes add beeswax).

Well .... I think it works well, anyway....

No really it totally does. It doesn't stop the sweat, but you are probably used to that if you've been using other natural deodorants? I keep it in a little jar with a good seal and scoop out a two-pea sized amount, then warm it in my hand before smearing it on my armpits. It will liquefy if it's warm, and then re-solidify, so I also keep with the container a smashed penny to loosen it up a little.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Love the pole pics! I'm not nearly that fancy yet.  My legs still kill from just a couple sitting skills last week!  

You'll get it soon :D  it's all in the pain tolerance ;)

Well .... I think it works well, anyway....

No really it totally does. It doesn't stop the sweat, but you are probably used to that if you've been using other natural deodorants? I keep it in a little jar with a good seal and scoop out a two-pea sized amount, then warm it in my hand before smearing it on my armpits. It will liquefy if it's warm, and then re-solidify, so I also keep with the container a smashed penny to loosen it up a little.

I've only just started natural deodorants (but I always forget to use some during pole classes regardless) but I don't sweat easily either.  Plus that's what moisture wicking materials are for no? ;)

Just need to find some essential oils, and I think I'll grab a nice glass pot at the dollar store and I'll be set to try the recipe (and that penny idea is gold).  Or maybe I'll use cupcake molds and make bars?  Still, looking forward to it!

---

Day 4, Week 1 Recap

Crucio - Leg raises 10-5-7

Imperio - ... Eeek.

Avada Kedavra - Work treats  4/3, Soda 1/3

Minions - Chucked more makeup, looking up face moisturizers (since glysomed doesn't make any and I love their hand creams :( )

Distopia - Looked up houses, one is having an open house on SAT

Soo one of the houses we've been eyeing for awhile has an open house on Saturday.  I'm going, dunno if my partner in crime is able.  There's also 2 others that are quite interesting that I'm keeping my eye on.

More minion pruning in the form of makeup; I'm testing eye makeup to find the panda eye culprit.  Not my liquid one, not one of my mascaras (!) and today is a thick pencil.  I'm thinking it's this one, but we will see.  I'm also hoping to acquire two new minions for my super Evil Fortress of Doom; Chairs for the living room (or one for bedroom w/e).  I saw these at IKEA when I had a mother/daughter day awhile back and fell in love with how comfy and simple they were.  There are 2 on Kijiji (one has stains, but it's an easy job) for less then the price of a new one sooo... pulling the trigger.  I'm also curious to know if I can use these with my dining table (which means I only need to buy 2 dining chairs, yay double duty!).

Cancelled classes last night.  I was drained, my bruises are getting bigger and super tender on the one leg I abused with scorpio plus my jaw was still very sore from the dentist all day.  Did my leg raises and i think once I get consistent I'll stay at this level but either go super slowly controlled or add my shoes (extra weight) since I have no bar for the next level.

Busy Busy weekend coming up (and next week too).  An object in motion stays in motion!

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Best of luck on the house viewing!!

Do you have some arnica oil for those bruises? Yay on the leg raises YOU STRONG

Snape_approves.gif

• Like 1

Oh wow those pictures are amazing! You're on my pole-idol-list now!

:redface-new:  -superblushingrightnow- Thanks :) 

Best of luck on the house viewing!!

Do you have some arnica oil for those bruises? Yay on the leg raises YOU STRONG

Snape_approves.gif

Thanks!  Partner in crime is coming too :D

Arnica oil?  I normally just leave my bruises as is...

Challenges | Current |

Week 1 Recap

Crucio - Pain tolerance = Pass, Leg raises half done

Imperio - Half done (stretches on Thurs, trigger ball today), 2x Theraputty

Avada Kedavra - Work treats 4/3, No Soda 2/3

Minions - Starting to rebuild Makeup/Personal Care stuff, adulting

Distopia - Open house, may look at renting apartments (I feel in a better place to accept a room mate)

Aight, so curse wise I guess you could say I only had my head half in the game.  It's been a busy week, but that's no excuse for not remembering little things that can take 15-20 minutes (or saying I'll do it after the dentist appmt HAH).  I am pleased with the Soda though.  Won't deny that!

I'm in the middle of figuring out what I want from my make-up/hair care/etc stuff.  The into-mind posts are being extremely helpful I find.  Though I need to be more selective and do my research thoroughly (example, the burt's bees lipstick I got isn't the exact shade I wanted nor was it like I thought, I'm not sure if the argan oil will work in the long run (at least I can use it for hair after :P ) but hoping it will) but at least I know more on my preferences!  And that's not to say of the make-up stuff I've trashed (or I'm finishing up).  Also got mason jars to make DIY stuff (like dry shampoo and hopefully that deo from karina depending if I want lavender or citronella, or patchouli (it's growing on me)).

Didn't get a response on those chairs I wanted :/  And nothing of interest at the second hand stores.  But at least I'm looking.  Minions pass!

Dystopia (Business development for the income property/me moving out) is just weird.  The open house was nice, super worth it.  Buuuuut not enough room to negotiate a lower price so that we could do what we wanted with the place.  Heck, even just buying as-is we would need to replace a couple things (the owner is also the realtor AND current landlord).  Pity, because I actually liked it.  However it led me to thinking differently.  Townhouses are a no-go due to the condo fees (300 month + you have to add taxes which is... probably 200 on those) since they will ALWAYS be apart of the operating costs.  In fact without doing renos they cost almost as much as a semi detached/detached.  Crazy.

However!  When I said I was done in January, I was in a mentally bad space.  I didn't want to deal with others.  That's different right now.  I think i can deal with having a room mate or two PROVIDED that they are not like the other two I'm living with at the moment.  And there's a dishwasher.  Because that kitchen needs to be clean.  So that's a different possibility; renting a 2-3 bedroom apartment/townhouse (believe it or not, it's way cheaper) or buying one and then having a room mate.  The problem I'm now faced is, to continue with plan A, or go with Plan B.  And then if it's Plan B, rent or own?  So many numbers...

But man, are those numbers eye openers about the living situation in this city. Geeze.

So overall good week, though I think I should hard hat one thing next week.  I'm going to try Imperio.

BTW thoughts on essential oils?  I've got Lavender, but I'm thinking citronella and peppermint might be next to acquire.  What other ones do you think smell nice?

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

One thing that has actually got me loving making more than I used to is my Ipsy subscription.  Based on a questionnaire you fill out, and how you rate the products as you go, they send you 5 items a month in a cute little bag (cost wise ends up being about $17-$19 but will probably get worse as our CAD continues to suck).  One thing it's changed for me is firstly there are sometimes things I get and don't think they're really my colour or style, but when I give them a good chance, I really like some of them!  The other thing is because you often get a lipstick/gloss/balm almost every month, I've actually started wearing lipstick regularly and love it!  Let me know if you're interested and I can send you my referral code.

The buying/renting thing is a big conundrum.  And yeah, condo fees can be expensive - mine are $360/month, but that includes pretty much all my bills except electric (so water & gas), and also all the building maintenance. Because we have an elevator, and it's an apartment style condo, they're higher than townhouses generally.  But I really like the convince of not having to mow/water a lawn and shovel snow!

Essential oils - I'm partial to citruses - lemon, grapefruit, lime, orange - and they're generally some of the cheaper ones too.  And then I also love cinnamon and clove because they're such warm scents.  Although you need to be careful with some of these, some of them are not so good for certain applications.  

Let's crush week 2!  Hard hat the crap outta it! 

• Like 1

I just realized I forgot to say earlier, have you tried the Lush powder deoderants? I go back and forth between those and Green Tidings, when I want to use a stick for a while. But the powder ones work really well for me. The greenish black is really for guys because it kinda leaves a bit of a brown/gray color on your pits, which is only OK if you've got pit hair (or if you're into that kind of thing which is totally cool). But yeah, the other whiteish ones work great, too and don't smell like OMG PATCHOULI.

I think you did a great job on week 1.  Your head may not have felt in the game, but you did hit a lot of your goals!

Also, my good friend is currently trying to buy a house and just had the same condo/town house realization.  SO ANNOYING.  You'll find the right one though.  Also, if you were thinking of buying anyway, why not buy and then have a roommate whose rent would help pay your mortgage?  Instead of forever throwing away money at renting yourself.  Just at thought.

I agree with Jill.  Try out Ipsy!  Or something similar.  I actually do Goodebox (which is more focused on natural stuff but isn't always make up).  Birchbox is also apparently a good one.  It'll definitely help you figure out what you like, and they're usually smallish samples so you're not wasting a bunch if you hate it.

• Like 1

One thing that has actually got me loving making more than I used to is my Ipsy subscription.  Based on a questionnaire you fill out, and how you rate the products as you go, they send you 5 items a month in a cute little bag (cost wise ends up being about $17-$19 but will probably get worse as our CAD continues to suck).  One thing it's changed for me is firstly there are sometimes things I get and don't think they're really my colour or style, but when I give them a good chance, I really like some of them!  The other thing is because you often get a lipstick/gloss/balm almost every month, I've actually started wearing lipstick regularly and love it!  Let me know if you're interested and I can send you my referral code.

The buying/renting thing is a big conundrum.  And yeah, condo fees can be expensive - mine are $360/month, but that includes pretty much all my bills except electric (so water & gas), and also all the building maintenance. Because we have an elevator, and it's an apartment style condo, they're higher than townhouses generally.  But I really like the convince of not having to mow/water a lawn and shovel snow!

Essential oils - I'm partial to citruses - lemon, grapefruit, lime, orange - and they're generally some of the cheaper ones too.  And then I also love cinnamon and clove because they're such warm scents.  Although you need to be careful with some of these, some of them are not so good for certain applications.  

Let's crush week 2!  Hard hat the crap outta it! 

I admit I'm a bit iffy on these since I barely use any makeup normally (max is mascara, eye liner and burt's bees/lipstick on the odd day I do wear any).  I'll take a look, but I really don't know if I'd try it since I hate spending time doing makeup.  More then five minutes and I'm done lol.  But if there's natural stuff and sample sizes like Raxie says, maybe...

See condo fees wouldn't be bad if they actually helped cover utilities!  But they don't for townhouses and most condos here.  Not even in rental apartments.

They only really had citronella for citruses, but maybe if I check another store... Do you know a trustworthy website on what applications they're good for?  Google gives me mixed results most of the time.

I just realized I forgot to say earlier, have you tried the Lush powder deoderants? I go back and forth between those and Green Tidings, when I want to use a stick for a while. But the powder ones work really well for me. The greenish black is really for guys because it kinda leaves a bit of a brown/gray color on your pits, which is only OK if you've got pit hair (or if you're into that kind of thing which is totally cool). But yeah, the other whiteish ones work great, too and don't smell like OMG PATCHOULI.

I think you did a great job on week 1.  Your head may not have felt in the game, but you did hit a lot of your goals!

Also, my good friend is currently trying to buy a house and just had the same condo/town house realization.  SO ANNOYING.  You'll find the right one though.  Also, if you were thinking of buying anyway, why not buy and then have a roommate whose rent would help pay your mortgage?  Instead of forever throwing away money at renting yourself.  Just at thought.

I agree with Jill.  Try out Ipsy!  Or something similar.  I actually do Goodebox (which is more focused on natural stuff but isn't always make up).  Birchbox is also apparently a good one.  It'll definitely help you figure out what you like, and they're usually smallish samples so you're not wasting a bunch if you hate it.

I saw the powdered ones and thought maybe after the bar was done (I'm transitionning from drugstore stuff) but considering how messy I am with powdered stuff it might be better.

... and the patchouli smell is actually growing on me. crap.

-WARNING: RANT-ISH PASSED THIS POINT-

If we buy a house, it's an income property.  That's been the plan from day 1 due to the cost of ANY property in this city.  The first idea was to build an income suite in the basement and I'll grab that and rent the upstairs unit to students or something.  But even the cost of a semidetached with zoning for a basement unit is 320k.  Not detached, SEMI.  And your operating costs are about 2500$/month, and for students you can only get about 500$/mth per room (and the competition is FIERCE in this area).  And the basement suites might only be able to hold 1 bedroom not 2 due to combined laundry/water tank/furnace. 

So you're looking about 2500$ operating (mortgage, taxes, utilities, insurance, maintenance and future property management (10% of rent))

1500$ in rent IF you get 3 students upstairs or maybe 1200-1400 for the unit.

Maybe 2000$ total if you have 2 rooms in basement and I get a roomate (which isn't bad, but the problem is, again, space)

That leaves me forking over about 1000$/mth which is almost 50% of my take home.  500-600 if I get a room mate if we have a 2bed basement.  And the cost of food in the city is stupid if you want to eat real food.  Actually, no. Any food, even processed crap.

And that's not even considering the liquid assets in getting the house, bringing it up to code (egress, kitchen may need update, furniture for student rental).  Soooo... yea.

And if you just buy a 4 bedroom house (or 3 bed and add 4th in basement) and get 3 roommates, you still have the same problem.

2 bed apartments run 1100-1400 in the city (700-900 sq ft), and then they don't cover Hydro/Water/Heat (which are extra). So you're looking 1350/month usually and then finding a roommate for 650/mth (which is reasonable) (because rooms in this area run 400-600 normally).  Then you need internet (probably unlimited because if you go over your allotment it's BRUTAL).  Oh and then add parking (50-70$)...

Basically, number wise, if I get a roomie in the own house and create basement suite, I'm at the same thing cost wise (just lots of stuff going on).  Sigh...

TLDR: Adulting SUCKS.

----

Spinning and Gymnasti-pole tonight!  Tomorrow registration opens for spring session classes in the City (art/ect) and I'm going to look at 7-8PM Monday ballet classes.  100$ for 11 classes isn't too shabby imo to try it out.

Looking at more House stuff (and apartments.  half of them aren't listing the regular apartment prices nor are they saying what utilities are included until you inquire. Such BS)

Challenges | Current |

Ooh spinning pole! FUN!  I did my first invert tonight.  It was super fun!  

Housing stuff - that sucks.  :(  As for adulting, I feel you.

I-cant-adult-today.jpg

I always hate things where they don't provide you the info you need.  Like kijiji/craigslist stuff where they don't include sizes on clothes, or dimensions for furniture, etc.  Stop wasting my time. 

P.S.  I think you're awesome and things will work out! 

• Like 4

My gluteus and my quads are feeling it this morning (and shoulders).  Going to look into bringing my tablet and sneaking out for super between my regular 4/5 class and the gymnastipole the next time I can get it booked (which is mid April!  Seems like the class is booked solid and even the waiting list is full continuously).

Challenges | Current |

Ooh spinning pole! FUN!  I did my first invert tonight.  It was super fun!  

Housing stuff - that sucks.   :(  As for adulting, I feel you.

I-cant-adult-today.jpg

I always hate things where they don't provide you the info you need.  Like kijiji/craigslist stuff where they don't include sizes on clothes, or dimensions for furniture, etc.  Stop wasting my time. 

P.S.  I think you're awesome and things will work out! 

Yay on inverts!  You build so much on that move to get more advanced ones :D

Spinning classes are so weird, but that's only because I am not used to that function on the Pole.  It's also pretty brutal on the grip/forearms, so I'm holding off on going to the class for awhile.

Amen.  That poor puppy, I feel like him most week nights when I get home.

PREECH!  I realize that it's a certain type of advertisement ploy, but geeze, there's better things to do than wait on someone's response.  Plus they didn't even respond to all my questions AND they said it was copy pasted.  If it was copy pasted (esp from your own site) and people have to ask you about it, maybe it's because you don't make the information accessible enough (this particular developer always makes me go through a gazillion hoops to find information on their apartments AND their New Builds.  Such BS).

Thanks Jill :) 

I'm just getting tired and the fact that I need someone else to help pay for this (ie roomate ect) really rankles me because I like to be independant (or at least I like to think I am).  And every person I know under the age of 30 is having problems finding jobs let alone rent at a decent price (my older co-workers listening to the prices vs ammenities are horrified/shocked that it's that bad, and people my age are like, how do we move out from home?  It's the only viable option if we don't want to live in debt or paycheck to paycheck or if we want to get ahead).  Sorry if I rant on this, it's just super depressing.  I know it'll work out, it's just putting all this effort in and feeling like I'm screwed either way... yep.

I need to revisit my goals, and see what makes sense.  The one thing about the income property I'm worried about is the competition.  There are people on there who aren't getting anything and they've been listing for a couple months....

Challenges | Current |