Priscillia becomes a Dark Lady

Priscillia

Week 3 Recap

Crucio - Pain tolerance = Pass!!, Leg raises bonus = Nope

Imperio - Meditation x4 (missed thurs-Fri-Sat)

Avada Kedavra - Work treats 1/2, No Soda @Home 2/2

Minions - Acquiring Week, Started on the Kitchen list

Distopia - Pass.  Looking more at renting (got a few new listings, but nothing really eye catching)

Good week, Challenge-wise.  Stayed within limits on the Sugar monster stuff, Pain tolerance is doing well (held invert for a few seconds!  Almost at inverted thigh hold).  Learned I need to try on my bad side a lot more.  I also psych myself out a lot on the pole.  Something to look at next challenge I think.

Missed 3 days of Meditation (though I guess I did plenty of stretching).  I have a habit of forgetting on weekends/end of week it seems.  Works much better first thing in the morning (like lying in bed and concentrating on breathing and letting go).  I think this will stay for next challenge.

Minions; started writing down the list!  Which is mostly kitchen stuff.  And apparently I did have a food processor (who knew?!? It's still in its box though, so I've probably never used it).  It looks about the same size as the one that comes with my immersion blender, so maybe I'll get rid of that.

Distopia;  more talking about renting and less on finding the income property.  I believe sorting myself out first may work better.  Plus I'm at the point that I realize that No, I don't want to spend my time listening to the renters and fixing their stuff as their property manager since I want extra time to advance to a different position within my industry (which makes more money and gives me time off in between stuff).  So best to outsource that and just buy a house I won't live in.

Went to Ikea to check on couches and mattresses since those are the last big things I'd need (maybe a freezer, but Costco has good prices).  Found some mattresses I like, the couches I was eying are a big fat no.  There's another place that has couches I like, so I might pop over there in the next month and figure out what their financing looks like and if I like the couch (and mattresses).

Stuff is going in place.

Goals for this week;

• No more treats at work (I had something this morning and... yea the sugar didn't do much for me AT ALL).
  • Talk to my Dad and go through my thought process to see if I'm missing something
  • Start going through stuff in storage (at my Dad's)
  • Get Imperio on ALL Days
  • More Crucio on Wednesday (Jam)

Pole is 4/5 lvl on Tues and Jam-Stretch-Sexy on Wed

• Like 4

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

* ZOMG THOSE VIDEOS OF THE GYMNASTICS.

* I also do the oil cleansing method! I'm generally 1/3 castor 2/3 olive oil, though I will sometimes to a split of olive oil and jojoba oils. the whipped coconut oil sounds amazing, partly because while the reasons I like the OCM is because a) no shopping and B) no waste of packaging, I nearly had my head turned back into commerce recently when reading all about cleansing balms. whipped coconut oil = homemade cleansing balms, I think!

* I'm really excited you've come to a conclusion about renting. I think that if the market is already at peak, it's super tough to make a go of rental property. and honestly I loved renting, and owning a house is a LOT of fiddly and expensive repair work. not to say it isn't great to own property, but it's not so amazing that people should jump into it.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

This was one of the first videos for pole that made me put it on my bucket list of things to do (like not, daydreaming, but the THIS MUST HAPPEN mentality)...

And here's one of my current favorites;

She's got a seminar session in Ottawa coming up, but I'm not high in skill yet to attend (some day!).

<3 Oona and Kristy's routines :D

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

GOT GEMINI AND ALMOST GOT INVERTED THIGH HOLD LAST NIGHT (5 sec each, thigh hold needed leg more down)!!!!!  Also almost had scorpio, and got Cross knee on my bad side. HALLEJUAH.

Going to try and get pics tonight at Jam :D

BTW, PSA; If you're grabbing youtube videos to post, make sure to take out the s in the https if it's there.

• Like 3

Challenges | Current |

* ZOMG THOSE VIDEOS OF THE GYMNASTICS.

* I also do the oil cleansing method! I'm generally 1/3 castor 2/3 olive oil, though I will sometimes to a split of olive oil and jojoba oils. the whipped coconut oil sounds amazing, partly because while the reasons I like the OCM is because a) no shopping and B) no waste of packaging, I nearly had my head turned back into commerce recently when reading all about cleansing balms. whipped coconut oil = homemade cleansing balms, I think!

* I'm really excited you've come to a conclusion about renting. I think that if the market is already at peak, it's super tough to make a go of rental property. and honestly I loved renting, and owning a house is a LOT of fiddly and expensive repair work. not to say it isn't great to own property, but it's not so amazing that people should jump into it.

... I have no idea what cleansing balms are (I am such a noob when it comes to makeup and stuff) but honestly everywhere I read they say your skin depends mostly on your lifestyle.  Like how you eat, sun exposure, exercise and stuff.  And it would not surprise me to see coconut oil in a recipe for a cleansing balm!  you can find it in pretty much anything nowadays :P

Haha, it's been something I've been thinking on a lot lately.  The other problem is that to cashflow a rental property with me living in it, i'd be paying 1-1.5k REGARDLESS.  And then I have to deal with being the property manager and there's the problems if I ever do lose my job.  So taking care of me first (and taking me out of the rental equation) pretty much allows us to broaden the location (we've been sticking to places near my work and 1 of the colleges in town (there's like 2 unis and 2 colleges that are huge! not counting the small guys) and change the search criteria.  And it lets a property manager deal with the tenants lol.  Because let's face it.  I like the gritty renovations and learning how to do those, but tenants are not my cup of tea.  Plus I want to use my time on other things.  Like more art and dating.

This is my retirement fund pretty much, because even if I save into RSPs/tfsa (IRAS and the like in Canada) because I don't make much, it will never be a good reliable way.  I buy a couple properties and in 25 years they'll be paid off and should be making enough cashflow to live comfortably :)

Challenges | Current |

From what I've seen from family members/older co-workers, even if you did make enough to have an awesome retirement fund investing in real estate is pretty much always a good idea (unless it's not, but it's usually pretty obvious when it isn't lol).  So glad you're starting to have clarity on the situation :)

Also omg I don't even understand those videos.  When Kivera holds onto the bar with just her hip crease while upside down in a split? Like... what?!

Cross posting from mini

My co-workers are awesome.

From what I've seen from family members/older co-workers, even if you did make enough to have an awesome retirement fund investing in real estate is pretty much always a good idea (unless it's not, but it's usually pretty obvious when it isn't lol).  So glad you're starting to have clarity on the situation :)

Also omg I don't even understand those videos.  When Kivera holds onto the bar with just her hip crease while upside down in a split? Like... what?!

Oh it's always obvious when it isn't lol!  It's all a numbers game most of the time.  Then there's the emotional side if you're the one doing the property management instead of hiring.  If I had a duplex and it was say, a couple that were long term tenants instead of like, 4 students, then sure I'm in.  That I can deal with better since by then there's references, older landlords that can warn you.  A ton of students in my city are internationnal, so that's a problem getting good refs.  Plus they're harder on stuff (I know, I had no time to do stuff with my student workload).  Clarity is a wonderful thing!  

Too bad every time I know what I want a new property shows up that actually might make it happen.  I really hope this one is it though, it looks almost EXACTLY like what my original idea was and the funniest part? It's extremely close to the apartment buildings/amenities I want for myself hahaha.  But srly, what a rollercoaster it does to the plans/brains/emotions...

Had to watch the routine again since Machine Gun and Jade Splits are both split type moves where it's only the hip crease.  It's Jade Split you're talking about.  It's one of those moves that's a milestone for most dancers :D

I'm currently learning gemini and scorpio.  And I can't do inverted v for the life of me (YET!).

BTW, the Australians pole dancers are damn crazy IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.  Their props and stuff and just dannnng.

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Australian pole dancers are maybe the craziest of all and awesomely so!! And oooooooooh, Oona Kivela her strength always leaves me completely stunned just watching  :rapture:  :hypnotysed:

Yay on all YOUR pole successes though, super impressed!

I'm loving the cross-knee, had a day in between where I couldn't do it anymore at all for some reason, but last night went well again, so all is right again with the world  ^_^

Woweee on your cartwheels, too!! I can't believe you actually did that and in such a narrow corridor too, and your form is good - damn now I have another summer goal lol Could never do them really as a kid despite many years of gymnastics, but hey it might never be too late to learn.

Could you always do them with such ease?

Lol on the emotional rollercoaster on renting, isn't it just like that? You are doing awesome for sitting it all out until it is really cooked in your mind and heart. Am super confident you will have a great place and plan in the end. Sounds also like it is taking a lot of shape already. 

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Week 4 Recap

Crucio - Pain tolerance = Pass

Imperio - Meditation x6 (missed Sat)

Avada Kedavra - Work treats 3/2 FAIL, No Soda @Home 2/2

Minions - Did some desk cleaning and purging at my Dad's

Distopia - Pass (nothing really new, just sent inquiries and found a floorplan website)

Almost got Imperio down!  Though I did do morning meditation-before stretch class-plus bath on Wednesday so I'm not worried.  I find taking a few minutes in the morning after I wake up to concentrate on breathing works best.

Failed work treats, and 2/3 didn't even do much for me :/  Soda was fine.  I'm at the point where I can deal with having just half of the glass bottled ones and I'm good (as just tasting it).  I think I've done pretty okay on the sugar monster.  Almost there on that one.

I might take this week or next week off Crucio/pain tolerance.  I have so many bruises and certain areas are sore (and not in the I worked out really well sore-way).  Still!  Got gemini (even if my leg needs to be down more).  I want to take next week off from pole since this week is the last with the old schedule and next week I start Adult Ballet classes on Mondays.

Also tried to see how the pullups look at my Dad's.  He has a doorframe pullup bar and I tried it on a whim... AND I MOVED UP LIKE 1 INCH.  I know that's not much, but this was in pull up grip (not chin up) and I've never been able to lift myself up whatsoever, so 1 inch is like crazy awesome for me.  Means I'm doing something right.

While I was at my Dad's over the weekend, I did get a bit bag of recycling out (and had some pumpkin pie he cooked <3 ) and I've got a small mental list of stuff that needs to go.  I'll need a box I think (I've got an old boombox that needs to go), got some batteries and electronics to give the boot.  The rest is in the garage and IT IS DANG COLD OUT THERE.  So that is on hold for now :/

Still pretty darn busy.  Will try to catch up on threads...

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Woweee on your cartwheels, too!! I can't believe you actually did that and in such a narrow corridor too, and your form is good - damn now I have another summer goal lol Could never do them really as a kid despite many years of gymnastics, but hey it might never be too late to learn.

Could you always do them with such ease?

Lol on the emotional rollercoaster on renting, isn't it just like that? You are doing awesome for sitting it all out until it is really cooked in your mind and heart. Am super confident you will have a great place and plan in the end. Sounds also like it is taking a lot of shape already. 

Only the last few years was when I had problems doing cartwheels.  And handstands.  I used to walk around on my hands in the backyard when I was younger/through high school but I had problems after college and now I'm just getting them back.

Ugh it's just that it keeps ping ponging back and forth.  Well, in the next couple of weeks they'll have the list of June vacancies to fill for renting.  And there's doubtlessly going to be more houses going on the market at the same time... sigh.

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

yay on imperio and whoooohoooo on the pull-up inch!!!! I can so relate to that and isn't it awesome to find excitement in each part of the journey?! Absolutely are you doing something right :)

Sounds good on pausing the crucio to give your body some time to recover and yayyy on adult ballet, so keen to hear how you will be doing there!

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

ooops double post so here's a thumbs up for your pull up progress 

tumblr_lbu6gxReaS1qablpd.gif

... and it's a good thing crucio is on hold :(  Whatever I was fighting off seems to be winning a bit.  Going to try lots of rest after work (and the alcool-honey-lemon knockout).

Did get some minion stuff sorted;  got boxes for stuff at my Dad's, , checked up on crash mats (going to wait to purchase, they're big and I need to make sure I have room), cleaned up some financials and put a chunk into savings/backup.  I want to take a look at ReStore for lighting fixtures since I know I need a reading lamp (or might diy a pipe one!) and need to grab ballet shoes or something on Saturday/Sunday (they close at 5:30PM weekdays).

Dystopia; got a more streamlined look for the new place in mind (a more industrial look, thanks apartment therapy!), some floor plan ideas if I get the apartment I want (sample size to see if I can fit pole/drafting table/couch/big desk for work in 600 sq ft.  And I can!).

There's a showcase at the pole studio happening in May :(  If i wasn't so hell bent on getting other things done (minimize, house stuff and now the April Fem!Link Game Jam) I would try a small routine.  Ah well.  Next time!  And then hopefully ballet classes will pay off.

Imperio; first thing in the morning (just lying in bed focusing on breathing in corpse pose) is genius.  Love it.

• Like 3

Challenges | Current |

Good for you for knowing when to take time away from something (ie, when the pain is real pain).  Cramming all that into a 600sf apartment will be exciting.  But it'll be your apartment :)  And have fun in adult ballet!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

Week 5 Recap

Crucio - Pain tolerance = Freebie Week

Imperio - Meditation x7 (2 were not that great however)

Avada Kedavra - Work treats 0/1, No Soda @Home 1/1

Minions - Got some boxes?

Distopia - Nothing

This week was mostly off, and I'm not mad about it one bit.  Since November there's been like, 4 passes of severe colds (we've been calling it the plague) going through the studio.  This was the latest one and the ONLY one I caught so far.  Monday/Tuesday had bed early, Wednesday I left work early, took Thursday off, Friday was only 3 hours at work (couldn't concentrate at all and my co-worker just said to head out and snooze it off).  Nothing really got done but eh. What can you do? /shrug

Weekend was mostly snoozing it off as well, though I did do groceries (and need to return some leafy greens that are bad before due date :mad-new: ) and henna on my hair (woo pumpkin color).

There has been nothing on the distopia stuff (no new listings sent to me, and out of the 7 places I emailed for more information, only 1 responded to me (in week 4)).  I only got the boxes for minions, nothing else done really.

I did get some meditation done every day!  Even though 2 of them weren't all that great... but I got them!  And I stayed under on the sugar stuff.  I feel in a good place on those, though I may keep some form of it next challenge to solidify.

... aaaaannnd it's week 6.  already.  jeebus.

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Good for you for knowing when to take time away from something (ie, when the pain is real pain).  Cramming all that into a 600sf apartment will be exciting.  But it'll be your apartment :)  And have fun in adult ballet!

I'm looking forward to cramming stuff in *my* space.  I'll try to have fun! :D

Yay adult ballet!!! :D

And get lots of rest!!!!!!!!!!

Yup!  First class is tonight, didn't get shoes, but I figure I'll find out tonight if I want some.

And did get lots of rest! :D

Challenges | Current |

You will want shoes.  Socks are kind of dangerous and bare feet makes things difficult.  But for your first class?  meh, not important....

^^^ This! Socks are too slippery and bare feet have too much friction, but you should be okay tonight. If you have socks with some sort of rubber padding, or jazz shoes, that will do, too. I pretty much always do ballet in jazz shoes though I just ordered a pair of these (Rowan Caldecott recommended them to me ^_^) for future ballet classes I may take in the future.

• Like 2

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

You will want shoes.  Socks are kind of dangerous and bare feet makes things difficult.  But for your first class?  meh, not important....

^^^ This! Socks are too slippery and bare feet have too much friction, but you should be okay tonight. If you have socks with some sort of rubber padding, or jazz shoes, that will do, too. I pretty much always do ballet in jazz shoes though I just ordered a pair of these (Rowan Caldecott recommended them to me ^_^) for future ballet classes I may take in the future.

I actually went out this weekend to try and find them but... the east end store moved.  And even with google maps I couldn't find the darn place and gave up after like 30-40 minutes of looking around+google maps.  Super annoying.  All the other stores close before I get out of work, so I'll check probably after Stretch/gymnastic pole on Saturday since the only other dance stores are on the other side of the city.

Hmm those look cool, though I'd like one that covers the top of my foot hehe.  I've been getting a TON of bruises while climbing poles on the front of my feet lately...  In fact they're still kinda tender right now.

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

So had ballet last night.  Actually worked up a sweat (guess this will be my cardio?) but not sore today (which is good because I have lvl 4/5 class).  Will need shoes, if only because the class is in the multi use room and the floors ARE NASTY DIRTY. 

Meditation done both mornings.

Hair cut on Thursday (haven't had one since Nov).

Anxiously waiting for next week so that I can know what the June vacancies are at this one building.

Any tips for living in a unit with no AC?  The building doesn't have it (but it is near the water).

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Progress from a couple weeks back as promised!  Need to get that back leg straightened on gemini and just continue working those splits.

• Like 3

Challenges | Current |

Any tips for living in a unit with no AC?  The building doesn't have it (but it is near the water).

What's your climate is like up there?  You can always put in a window unit or cut a hole in the wall for a window unit... with only 600sf it should be no problem to cool if it's too hot out.  Would of course be best if it was super well insulated, had southern and eastern exposure but no western, and you live in a place with dramatic fluctuations in temps from night to day...

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge