Priscillia becomes a Dark Lady

Priscillia

Well, it's not crazy bad, but there's two months where it's normally crazy warm outside (for us).  Like 36 degrees Celsius plus humidex and we get heat wave warnings.  Sometimes there are drastic temperature fluctuations between day and night (open windows all night!), but during the heat wave it's not much.  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to cut a hole in the outer wall of the rental unit, but they did mention that I could install an AC unit.  I was wondering if there's a possibility to simply use fans, or if getting a used AC unit might just be better?  I know my computer tends to run super warm when i do graphic work or MMOs.

I wish I could give you more information, (like east/southfacing) but I haven't even visited the units yet.  But from what I understand, a lot of these buildings don't have AC.

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Cancelled Jam tonight, just not feeling it today (had a hard time yesterday, even with a 50mm).  Kinda feel like a noodle with mucous :/ .  Stretch + Gymnastic Pole on Sat, + had Ballet Monday and class last night, so all's good.

Crucio = pass, got a couple seconds hold on inverted thigh hold last night on a 50mm pole (plus my teacher keeping an eye on me).  Jeebus that HURT (plus all other tries).  Bruises are there this morning lol.

Dystopia;  got more house listings, currently using my breaks to take a look at them.  A couple look like they have potential.

Challenges | Current |

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Ouch ouch ouch!

Crucio = pass, got a couple seconds hold on inverted thigh hold last night on a 50mm pole (plus my teacher keeping an eye on me).  Jeebus that HURT (plus all other tries).  Bruises are there this morning lol.

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

Glad to hear you are obviously past your cold spell. Maybe still a bit on recovery, though? Would also tell you why to take it easy when you did :)

YAYY on your pole progress and pics!! That is amazing progress, whoohoo

Had to laugh at your face in gemini - you do the same as me, hold super tight and forget to breath  :lol:

Might also be why your leg doesn't want to straighten yet. You could probably easily do it, just your body says nope, rather not, might fall off then... 

I know my legs and arms and feet to a whole lot of involuntary things, just from wanting to hold on tighter. 

Tell me, inverted thigh hold, is that like head down inverted or superman inverted as in other way round to seat? I have tried to hold superman pose from low enough to have my hands on the floor for support and OUCH  :neglected:

On the other hand it is such beautiful pose *sigh*

You are doing awesome on so many things, meditation, sugar, training, and now ballet! Keep rocking

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

360PoleDancing-ThighHoldcopy.jpg

That's inverted thigh hold. 

And I'd say my face is more in OMG THIS FREAKING HURTS expression :P  No seriously!  I got big bruises on my side from that photo...

Hmmm... maybe you're right about the relaxing to get that leg down.  It's probably why I have problems with inverted thigh hold too... leg off pole doesn't want to stay down (though that's the one that's holding...)

Also feeling feverish right now :S Not good.  And the plague is still doing its rounds at work...

Challenges | Current |

uuuuuuuuugh, so that is both: head first AND other way round from seat, no wonder your face says OUCH. You might want to look into a good cream or oil for those bruises, that does make a big difference. My sister is a pharmacist and great with essential oils, so she mixed me a cream containing immortelle among other oils and that works miracles for me - if I apply it straight away and then again the next days, if I start too late, it doesn't work as well. Don't know what I would do without it  ^_^

If you had somebody hold you for support and then got a feel for the leg straighter to experience what that's like, would that help?

But first get 100% healthy again  :positive:

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Oh it helps.  But she's literally only spoting me on thigh hold and gemini nowadays, so it is putting all that weight on it that hurts.  Might also have been because it was a 50mm pole.  More skin to pole.

Dystopia; Even though I have house listings, I made an appointment at my preferred apartment building tomorrow morning to see the only June opening (wow, only one...).  Will be bringing a friend who's interested too.

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Your pole pictures are amazing! You're really making progress. It's great you're really getting in the morning meditation, I find it totally changes my mood for the entire day when I find the time to fit it in.

I am :D  It's nice because I had a plateau for a couple months.  Oh lordy morning meditations make a big difference, I find I've been much happier at work (at home is a different story, but no amount of meditation is going to help with that).

---

Avada is a bust this week.  Just had this amazing chocolate covered peanut butter thing from a co-worker and tonight I'm eating out (and most likely having root beer) before my hair appointment.  Need to look into a recipe for that and 2 bite brownies soon...  Am I mad?

Not really.

I mean I've successfully curbed the sugar impulse to an extent (there were TONS of cookies this morning and my willpower was used on those) plus I knew this one would be worth it (omg was it ever, unlike some stuff from past weeks).  I've curbed most of the soda with apple cider or orange juice (oj because I'm trying to knock out the rest of this stupid cold) and I'll probably be back to tea and water soon enough.  My water/tea intake even without the cold has improved so I guess Avada is in a good spot.  I think next challenge I just want to cement it (maybe 1x per week, that way some weeks I'll ignore it because I won't be "deprived" of it...)

Distopia; Went to see the apartment.  Not bad, saw 3 units (two 1 beds and a 2 bed).  Different layouts on the 1 beds.  My friend says compared to others he's seen in the area, this one is good value for the price and much better than other buildings nearby (which are a lot).  Considering he has seen waaaayy too any units recently, I'll believe him.

My dad has more listings he said have lots of potential to forward (they came last night apparently).  Sigh.  At least this is moving forward even if I don't know the final outcome (renting or landlording)...

Challenges | Current |

Next challenge is looking like cementing Imperio and Avada (so morning meditation + 1/week work treat + home soda).  Not sure what else to do excercise wise since the schedule is changing;  Ballet on Mondays, about 3-4 pole classes a week.  I was thinking 1-2 deep stretch/yoga sessions per week, but iunno...  Any suggestions?

Life Quest is more minimizing/prep to move and finding a place.  probably tackling the garage at my Dad's (storage stuff.  Lots of storage stuff...).  Until I get this sorted, I don't want to touch other stuff.

Also what the heck?!  1/4 of the year is gone already, jeez...

Challenges | Current |

I just wrapped up my latest 6-week session of pole, and I've decided it's just not for me.  I get SO frustrated because of my hands - and I've tried all kinds and combinations of grip aids.  I think what I hate most is that sometimes I'll have good days where I'll knock it outta the park, and then I'll have terrible days the next practice.  When I suck at something, I want it to be because I"M bad at it, not some factor I have very little control over. So from here on out, I think I'm just going to put my energy into hoop for now.  

I know what you mean about 1/4 of the year being gone!  OMG! I plan to move this summer and it'll be here in no time!! 

• Like 1

Week 6 Recap

Crucio - Pass - 1 class last week

Imperio - Meditation x5 (missed Sat and Fri)

Avada Kedavra - Work treats 1/0 FAIL, No Soda @Home 2/0

Minions - Got a couple things (kitchen tongs and ice tea container), cleared a couple, not much, but still pass.

Distopia - Pass (looking at more listings, went to view apartment)

Okay so until Thursday night, I was set to pass this week really well.  And then it just self imploded.  Heh.  Am I worried? Nope.  I've been in a slump since I got sick (didn't get energy back until Saturday and Sunday I was busy helping with Easter stuff) and I've been busy with non-challenge related stuff.  I know most of these goals are following me for my next 6 week challenge regardless.

Soooo how did I do?

FULL CHALLENGE RECAP

Crucio - Pass

Imperio - Pass

Avada Kedavra - Work Treats 3/6 weeks, Home Soda 5/6 weeks - I SAY PASS

Minions - Pass

Distopia - Pass

Crucio - PASS.  I got so close to getting some moves and I did hold some of them for a few seconds on my own (with someone ready to spot/catch me).  I know I need to get back into doing 2-4 classes a week, though I may do less than scheduled this week to try and get some non-challenge (life) stuff done and over with so it's not hovering over my head like a guillotine...  Also need to keep an eye on my grip muscles on my right hand...

Imperio - 1/2 done week one, missed 2 week 2, 4x week 3, x6 week 4, x7 week 5, x5 week 6

I've been doing random stretches here and there every day regardless (again, random, not deep or thoughtful sessions).  I've been concentrating more on meditation since week 2 or 3.  And I like it.  My problem is mostly the weekends on this front, or thinking I can do it at night.  I've found it helps more when I do i first thing in the morning.  Pass because I did better in the last 3 weeks and because I know what to do next time :)

Avada Kedavra - Missed work week 1, pass week two, pass week 3, work fail home pass week 4, pass week 5, fail week 6

This is actually better then I thought.  I mean, since January I was having almost every treat left in the kitchen at work (and now I'm resisting a bunch of them or finding them blah) and at least a glass of pop/soda every few days just because I wanted something sweet and there were no juices/ect.  Work treats were 3/6 (so 50%) and I only missed last week on the soda front (plus I now have an iced tea container to make some with my favorite teas to cut down on cals/carbs :P )  I SAY PASS.  Because I learned stuff and I've got some resistance built up.

Minions - Pass.  Got rid of some, acquired some (blender is awesome!!!).  Still haven't gotten to the stuff in storage (in the garage) but considering it's been bloody cold until this weekend that's understandable.  I think next challenge this will be more streamlines (like get through the garage) and maybe restore the trunk I found.  There's not much snow left on the ground, so I may be able to spray paint soon.

Dystopia - Pass.  It's an ongoing thing and I feel I've made more strides here.  I've certainly done more analysis and viewed open houses this time around.  I don't think I'll list this as a goal next time since there's no definitive way of calculating this one.  I'll still be doing it regardless.

---

I feel a bit blah about this challenge, but at the same I'm looking at it and saying, this was a good stepping stone.  I'll distribute points later (still have the 15 from last challenge to plop around).

• Like 4

Challenges | Current |

I just wrapped up my latest 6-week session of pole, and I've decided it's just not for me.  I get SO frustrated because of my hands - and I've tried all kinds and combinations of grip aids.  I think what I hate most is that sometimes I'll have good days where I'll knock it outta the park, and then I'll have terrible days the next practice.  When I suck at something, I want it to be because I"M bad at it, not some factor I have very little control over. So from here on out, I think I'm just going to put my energy into hoop for now.  

I know what you mean about 1/4 of the year being gone!  OMG! I plan to move this summer and it'll be here in no time!! 

That is totally fine!  being frustrated due to grip isn't fun and sucks the life out of it.

Haha IKR?  I was kinda dreaming we'd have something settled for my 25th birthday in July for my housing stuff and NOPE.  I look at the time that's passed and I have no clue what I've done with it...  Maybe this is where I should do a recap of stuff on my new year's bucket list?

Challenges | Current |

Okay so next challenge is looking like...

• Meditation in mornings (only off when I have stretch class/yoga videos)
  • 1 long stretch class (so either stretch class at the studio or a video at home.  1 video at home has to happen during the challenge) - Depending on Adulting, might bump this to 2x week
  • 1 work treat, 1 home soda/week.  Bonus for not having the allotted amount.
  • Life - Get to the stuff in storage in the garage for a list of things left to acquire (and stuff to purge...)

I feel like I need to nail these down before I continue.  Meditation and Stretch to keep me limber from all the extra classes, The food stuff so that I can switch to other stuff for the challenge after (like no grains/paleo days).  I also think these are doable (just need will power) and should allow me to do other adulting/classes/stuff at the same time.

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Actually, Screw Stats.  They look cool, but I don't particularly care about calculating them whatsoever anymore.  GIMME MAH LEVELS.

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

RIght on!  Great work!  Screw stats!  How is the home hunt?

Slow going on home hunt!  My dad did get a bunch of really good looking listings at the end of last week, so I need to sit down and talk to him about it if he has some free time (and I do) about what we should do with them (they're literally 10 min walk from work, though one is very near an area I've been told isn't very good at all).

The apartment was okay (and as my friend pointed out, one of the better deals in the area).  At least I have that building down as a potential yes.

Challenges | Current |

so that is good options on the house hunt, right? You know, I still have a feeling that even with it dragging along like this now, all of a sudden it will go wooooosh and there is your place :)

About the new challenge plans: your schedule with ballet and so many pole classes it sounds to me like stretching is a nice addition and any more would overload. But then I am in an un-challenging mood as I was a little over-enthusiastic on my last one :D

You'll know best.

btw I only noticed now: I completely forgot to allot my stat points for mine, I do like them though and will still

Excited to see moar, moar, MOAR pole awesomeness from you  :love_heart:

and so curious on the ballet!

Enjoy the break week

• Like 1

Aye aye, just debating if I want to fight Malygos, Deathwing or just farm dragons in general for the next challenge.  Plus I'm at work (we've got stuff shipping today).

hmmmm... I did find deathwing leggings that I would like... or maybe a deathwing plushie <3 hermmmmm

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

so that is good options on the house hunt, right? You know, I still have a feeling that even with it dragging along like this now, all of a sudden it will go wooooosh and there is your place :)

About the new challenge plans: your schedule with ballet and so many pole classes it sounds to me like stretching is a nice addition and any more would overload. But then I am in an un-challenging mood as I was a little over-enthusiastic on my last one :D

You'll know best.

btw I only noticed now: I completely forgot to allot my stat points for mine, I do like them though and will still

Excited to see moar, moar, MOAR pole awesomeness from you  :love_heart:

and so curious on the ballet!

Enjoy the break week

I'm not in a challenging mood either.  More like a maintenance mood.  But that's only because I've got so many classes on the weekdays and then extra stuff that I want out of the way to clear more time.

It looks to me like you learned a lot during this challenge and you handled a lot of ups and downs in your stride. I look forward to reading your next one and seeing more pole videos!

:D  Will be happy to have you back dear slayer!

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Taking an extra week off to deal with some time consuming stuff so I can go into a 5 week challenge 100% even if it's maintenance (because the blahs are there big time).

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

hugs because blahs and happy to see you back when you can

tumblr_ml8f9a5wwp1s3zr37o1_250.jpg

• Like 1