♫ starsapart starts a one girl revolution ♫

starsapart

Hahahaaa some of those garbs are beyond ridiculous, I can't believe they gave Lightning a boob job for this game. WTF.

And thank YOU for the pretty pictures! Brightened up my maths assignment no end ;)

(and btw, the thing about that garb up there is the siren slash ability is pretty handy but I just can't bring myself to use it most of the time!)

• Like 1

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

The worst part is, it has good stats.

Most ridiculous things do in FF... I can still remember Cid's mop on FF7, and in the same game Yuffie's superball, Cloud's bat with nails, etc...

• Like 2

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Most ridiculous things do in FF... I can still remember Cid's mop on FF7, and in the same game Yuffie's superball, Cloud's bat with nails, etc...

And these!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I have a line between "good and challenging battle" and "I want to throw my controller and cuss in every language I speak."  Caius crossed that line for me, haha!

Not in XIII-2, mind.  He was fine there.  It was the LR battle that was a nightmare.

At first I was like "But why do we have to fight?!?!? *sobbing"

But then I was all like, "C'mere, you *****"

By the end, I quite enjoyed kicking him all over the place.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

There are quite a few items missing........ ;)

At first I was like "But why do we have to fight?!?!? *sobbing"

But then I was all like, "C'mere, you *****"

By the end, I quite enjoyed kicking him all over the place.

Man, I never had much sympathy for him to start with.  But kicking him while he's down is super duper satisfying to me.

Ummm your thread is amazing. Just sayin'.

Ha!  Thank you!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Day 1

tumblr_mvut2yHKFf1sm3zjbo2_250.gif

Serah, I know exactly how you feel.

• FANG [1/7; 1/5]
    • Today's calories: 1702
    • Protein: 147g
  • QUISTIS [0/1]
    • Not today~
  • RIKKU [1/7]
    • Hand exercises done this morning (with a timer) as I waited for my computer to boot up
  • GARNET [1/7; 0/1]
    • Facial skincare all done last night and this morning

This challenge started not with a bang but with a whimper.  I got hit with the winter blahs hard, and barely dragged myself to the gym after a day of huddling under a blanket and working from home.  In fact, I spent the 45 minutes after the workday ended wallowing in bed in my bathrobe.  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh I really did not want to do anything, and everything was hard.  It probably doesn't help that I ate quite richly yesterday, which made me feel all lethargic today.  Blech.  Also, my carport is worse than useless and my car was buried and iced over in every place and I AM SICK OF SHOVELING.

That said, my willpower is iron and I got out of bed, got dressed, shoveled, de-iced my car, went to the gym, and then cooked myself a lot of chicken as opposed to defaulting to something "easy" for dinner, so I'm on track challenge-wise.  Did some math and figured out that my average daily calories for this week ought to be around 1710, so I'm trying that.  Aced my protein.  Did my hand exercises.  And did okay at the gym, though I was tired and have a weird pain in one of my chest muscles on the right side when I twist the wrong way or breathe too deep.  Super annoying.  Can't tell what caused it, and can't tell how to fix it.  Ugh.

Gym today:

• 5 minute row
  • Seated row machine: 8x60, 8x75, 5x90
  • Front squats: 5x8x60
  • Overhead press: 1x5x45, 1x5x50, 3x5x55
  • Deadlift: 1x1x135, 1x5x155
  • 1 chin-up from floor, straight-ish arms
  • Scapular chin-ups: 3x10
  • Tuck roll-ins: 3x5
  • Stretches for my painful, painful chest

The OHP was a victory - finally back to a 3x5 at my working weight.  Yay!  Deadlift was better with only one warm-up lift, though my hands still get so slippery.... since we don't have chalk, I am thinking of going back to gloves for deadlift so that I can keep a better grip on the bar.  It wasn't the weight doing me in, but my slippery palms.  Why is that where I sweat the most?????????  Fellow lifters, thoughts?  Is it worthwhile to give in to the gloves for grip purposes, or should I just keep obsessively toweling my hands and hoping for the best?

Also, the scapular pulls felt weird at first, then I got more and more into them.  I think that dead hang chin-up is a couple weeks away at most, now that I'm figuring out how to activate my muscles at the bottom of the pull.  (I hope I don't eat those words.....)  Did my one customary chin-up from standing since I was near the bar, as per the norm, etc.  Kept my tuck roll-ins suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper slow, taking care to keep my heels as attached to my butt as possible so that I could feel my core working.  Good end to the session.

May the rest of the challenge be less of a struggle than day one, please.  And may my chest muscle stop hurting, because it's in a place that's impossible to foam roll, and it is driving me a little crazy.

Today's Victories:

• Got myself to do everything I needed despite a case of the blahs
  • 3x5 OHP at 55lbs
  • Back to a full set of 5 deadlifts at 155lbs
  • Getting close to dead hang chin-up!
  • Car is de-iced which will make life better tomorrow
  • Like 10

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

tumblr_m3xrkpfFnS1qgrg12o1_400.gif

Glad to see you had the willpower to get through today, especially with the snow and winter blahs!  Awesome victories and it looks like you got through you food quest and doing hand exercises!  Yay!  Keep at it chica!

• Like 3

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Nice day one! Also, dude. 17 pages according to my Tapatalk.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I'm going to confess that I secretly hate FFXIII. Not the story, not the gameplay, but the game... see that game is the one that killed my ps3. (well, the bluray drive anyways... and ever since I've been without a console --save for my gf's Wii, which we used exclusively to watch netflix at an OOOOLD tv set-- nor money to fix/upgrade to ps4)... And I had just gotten to the forest where the night mares abound, I was doing ok.... *sigh*

Anyways! good to hear you are sticking to the challenge. I think this is the real value of the 6wc, not the goal per se, but these days where you don't feel like it, but you still do stuff, because you are doing the challenge...

• Like 1

I know, right? I've since changed the settings on mine to 20 posts per page, so that it matches the page count here, because it always felt off when someone made a comment about the amount of comments!!

• Like 4

Awesome job with the willpower and getting to the gym!! I wish we would get some more snow here but if it happened I know I'd start whining right away :-/.

Also... baller on the 55 lbs OHP and getting back to 155 lbs on your deadlift. You could get a chalk & bag for rock climbing and bring your own chalk  if that's allowed. 

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Of course you beat the winter blahs, because you are AWESOME. :) I would be sick of shoveling too, maybe that's where the chest twinge came from, that shoveling motion?

... I really know very little of the FF universe after X2 and I'm ok with that. FFVI for life~

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Man, I never had much sympathy for him to start with.  But kicking him while he's down is super duper satisfying to me.

Don't mistake it for sympathy, I was struggling in search of a character to actually like, but then when I discovered he was a kamikaze emo I decided in a world of Two Dipsticks vs The Emo, I would beat the hell out of him. With one of the most empty-headed characters ever to cross the threshold of FF. Can't imagine a worse fate for a villain, myself.

You make me want to play more FF (I've only played one of them). But then I remember that it would suck up my life and I wouldn't leave the house for weeks.

Awesome job on getting your ass to the gym. Willpower of steel indeed.

Not weeks, just 48-100 hours at a stretch!

Of course you beat the winter blahs, because you are AWESOME. :) I would be sick of shoveling too, maybe that's where the chest twinge came from, that shoveling motion?

... I really know very little of the FF universe after X2 and I'm ok with that. FFVI for life~

XII was really good in an addicted-to-the-gameplay fashion and had some standout characters...but otherwise, wise call. I'm cranky over what they're doing to the franchise lately re: the battle system. 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

A+ for making the best of an annoyingly un-motivating day and getting that OHP back to where you want it to be. It will get easier, this challenge thing.

• Like 3

Re: Deadlifts

Are you using mixed grip at that weight (one hand forward, one hand backward) or are you still using double overhand (both palms facing toward you)? If you are still doing double overhand for your final set, I'd try using mixed grip before resorting to gloves. Mixed grip lets you bypass some of your grip weakness/palm sweatiness to get those final sets off the floor and still works everything else (posterior chain, back, shoulders) just as hard. 

• Like 3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Re: Deadlifts

Are you using mixed grip at that weight (one hand forward, one hand backward) or are you still using double overhand (both palms facing toward you)? If you are still doing double overhand for your final set, I'd try using mixed grip before resorting to gloves. Mixed grip lets you bypass some of your grip weakness/palm sweatiness to get those final sets off the floor and still works everything else (posterior chain, back, shoulders) just as hard. 

If you don't like mixed grip (I hate it. Makes my elbow all wonky), go for straps rather than gloves. Just use them on your last/heaviest set. They don't take all the work away from your hands, but provide some peace of mind so you're more concerned with getting the weight up rather than worrying about dropping it on your toes. Also, you get plenty of grip work during silks (ask me how I know!) so using some grip assistance on your barbell lifts isn't the ultimate evil that some folks would make it out to be. Us aerial circus people have different demands on our hands. I use straps fairly often with the knowledge that I want to 'save' some grip for aerial days. Grip failure on a deadlift = drop the bar. Grip failure in the air = drop yourself. Priorities. :)

• Like 3

You guys are making me feel like finishing XIII. And also scaring me into thinking maybe I shouldn't. 

Some of the fights in this trilogy are haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard.  But I love these games, so I will always weigh in on the side of YES FINISH THEM!

tumblr_m3xrkpfFnS1qgrg12o1_400.gif

Glad to see you had the willpower to get through today, especially with the snow and winter blahs!  Awesome victories and it looks like you got through you food quest and doing hand exercises!  Yay!  Keep at it chica!

Woot, thanks!

Yup, this is how we roll~

I'm going to confess that I secretly hate FFXIII. Not the story, not the gameplay, but the game... see that game is the one that killed my ps3. (well, the bluray drive anyways... and ever since I've been without a console --save for my gf's Wii, which we used exclusively to watch netflix at an OOOOLD tv set-- nor money to fix/upgrade to ps4)... And I had just gotten to the forest where the night mares abound, I was doing ok.... *sigh*

Anyways! good to hear you are sticking to the challenge. I think this is the real value of the 6wc, not the goal per se, but these days where you don't feel like it, but you still do stuff, because you are doing the challenge...

Aw, that's a sad story.  Maybe someday you'll get back to it, maybe not.  I have a soft spot for that game, but of course, everyone has different tastes!

I thinkI would have gone even without the 6wc - the lifting wasn't in my goals and I really would not have failed anything if I hadn't gone - but the habit is just so ingrained that I could get going on momentum once I got started.

Going to the gym when the blahs have slammed you hard into the bed? B'Elanna and I are very impressed.  :D

Blanna_NotBad.gif

Hope you don't mind fandom fraternization. :3

POST GIFS FROM ALL THE FANDOMS! :D

You make me want to play more FF (I've only played one of them). But then I remember that it would suck up my life and I wouldn't leave the house for weeks.

Awesome job on getting your ass to the gym. Willpower of steel indeed.

I usually just take a week off when a new one coems out and blast through it.... then go back to adulting. :D

Awesome job with the willpower and getting to the gym!! I wish we would get some more snow here but if it happened I know I'd start whining right away :-/.

Also... baller on the 55 lbs OHP and getting back to 155 lbs on your deadlift. You could get a chalk & bag for rock climbing and bring your own chalk  if that's allowed. 

Ugh take my snow, take it.  Today is the only non-snowy day this week.  Ughhhhhhhhhh.

I am contemplating getting my own bag of chalk, hmm........... I'll have to ask if they'll allow it.

Of course you beat the winter blahs, because you are AWESOME.  :) I would be sick of shoveling too, maybe that's where the chest twinge came from, that shoveling motion?

Plenty of good characters and things in the earlier games, too!  Now granted, I LOVE THE LATTER GAMES, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the amazingness of VI.  I will need to hunt up some Celes gifs from the re-release to use this challenge.

Don't mistake it for sympathy, I was struggling in search of a character to actually like, but then when I discovered he was a kamikaze emo I decided in a world of Two Dipsticks vs The Emo, I would beat the hell out of him. With one of the most empty-headed characters ever to cross the threshold of FF. Can't imagine a worse fate for a villain, myself.

XII was really good in an addicted-to-the-gameplay fashion and had some standout characters...but otherwise, wise call. I'm cranky over what they're doing to the franchise lately re: the battle system. 

Serah and Noel are not inspiring world-savers, though at least Serah in XIII-2 was a vast improvement over Serah in XIII.  I hate damsels in distress. Ew.

Also, agree to disagree on latter games, etc etc etc.

As for liking characters in XIII-2 ahahahaha I......... liked Mog.  Yep.  And lived for the brief Fang and Vanille cameo.  #noregrets

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads