♫ starsapart starts a one girl revolution ♫

starsapart

A+ for making the best of an annoyingly un-motivating day and getting that OHP back to where you want it to be. It will get easier, this challenge thing.

I will get it back to 60 this challenge.  I WILL.  That lift is so irritating.

Re: Deadlifts

Are you using mixed grip at that weight (one hand forward, one hand backward) or are you still using double overhand (both palms facing toward you)? If you are still doing double overhand for your final set, I'd try using mixed grip before resorting to gloves. Mixed grip lets you bypass some of your grip weakness/palm sweatiness to get those final sets off the floor and still works everything else (posterior chain, back, shoulders) just as hard. 

I am indeed using mixed grip, and that helps, but still, my palms are really sweaty, and that makes it difficult.  I am getting them off the floor but it's sometimes a struggle to hold on..... whereas if I had chalk or gloves, I suspect I'd be fine.

Following!

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

Woot, welcome!

If you don't like mixed grip (I hate it. Makes my elbow all wonky), go for straps rather than gloves. Just use them on your last/heaviest set. They don't take all the work away from your hands, but provide some peace of mind so you're more concerned with getting the weight up rather than worrying about dropping it on your toes. Also, you get plenty of grip work during silks (ask me how I know!) so using some grip assistance on your barbell lifts isn't the ultimate evil that some folks would make it out to be. Us aerial circus people have different demands on our hands. I use straps fairly often with the knowledge that I want to 'save' some grip for aerial days. Grip failure on a deadlift = drop the bar. Grip failure in the air = drop yourself. Priorities. :)

Yuuuuuuuuuup, I'd much rather not drop myself.  Though this fear has me resorting to rosin when I work high in the air because..... sweaty hands.  So annoying.  But my grip slips otherwise.

As for dropping the bar, it's got big plates on it, so  wouldn't end up dropping it on my toes, it's just..... really irritating.

I don't know if we have straps, but I will ask!

Thanks for the advice everyone!  I feel much more energetic and capable of taking on things today, so hopefully things will proceed well from here!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

All this talk of FF makes me think of ...

18bj7yiygvofogif.gif

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

All this talk of FF makes me think of ...

18bj7yiygvofogif.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhh that laugh track will forever haunt my nightmares.

kefka_did__nt_get_a_date____by_yukimaru_

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Okay, I have to say I won't even feel bad for skimming your thread just for your updates this time. :D  Your threads are wonderfully insane and overwhelming. 

You are looking so amazing. 

• Like 3

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

STR: 5STA: 4, DEX: 7, CON: 9, WIS: 13CHA: 8

Weight Goal: 2/43.6

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

Okay, I have to say I won't even feel bad for skimming your thread just for your updates this time. :D  Your threads are wonderfully insane and overwhelming. 

You are looking so amazing. 

No one could blame you.  There are a lot of posts.  Skim, laugh at the gifs, and move on

And thank you!  :redface:   I'm so pleased with my body transformation.  Still plenty of improvements to be made in muscle tone now that the weight loss stage is done, so I aim to just keep on looking even better!  Love my lifting.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

You guys are making me feel like finishing XIII. And also scaring me into thinking maybe I shouldn't. 

For serious, the end of XIII was randomly punishing (Cherub's Crowns are imperative), but there is no feeling like Beating the Final Boss. If you've gotten a ways in--like, say, Chapter 7 or so--in spite of XIII's flaws at the beginning it gets better and is worth finishing. 

I usually just take a week off when a new one coems out and blast through it.... then go back to adulting.  :D

I am contemplating getting my own bag of chalk, hmm........... I'll have to ask if they'll allow it.

Serah and Noel are not inspiring world-savers, though at least Serah in XIII-2 was a vast improvement over Serah in XIII.  I hate damsels in distress. Ew.

As for liking characters in XIII-2 ahahahaha I......... liked Mog.  Yep.  And lived for the brief Fang and Vanille cameo.  #noregrets

I need to ask the Y if they allow chalk...I have a bag but I haven't taken it in yet. Part of me would rather just ask for forgiveness than permission...the other half is Sad and doesn't want the hassle. Should probably get over it and do. I know it would help...

Not only was she a damsel, Serah made a *cameo* in her debut game of XIII, she didn't hardly get to be a character (unless the scenes with Snow count? Do they?). In XIII-2, she is an expository device with pink hair. It may sound harsh, but I really was looking forward to the expanded cast and actually seeing Serah Do Things as you point out. Yes, let's celebrate the virtues of Mog for being the lovable one. No, no wait I loved my albino lobo to absolute bits, too. So that's two.

20120730021225!FFXIII2_enemy_Albino_Lobo Rawr. 

Really, as much as the characters failed to inspire, the game-play was good enough for me to complete. I collected the things and killed the stuff, made people happy on sub-quests (there were Quests in XIII-2!) I do like games where you feel like what you're doing actually changes the land for the better, it encourages exploration and covers for flaws elsewhere. Coming out of the split emotions XIII left me with, XIII-2 was better in just about every way. Wanted to say something nice about it to give some balance, it's a flawed game, but it's a good enough one to play to the end.

I will get it back to 60 this challenge.  I WILL.  That lift is so irritating.

I cannot agree harder than I am agreeing right now.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

What happened to you being my Morgan Freeman, anyway?

For serious, the end of XIII was randomly punishing (Cherub's Crowns are imperative), but there is no feeling like Beating the Final Boss. If you've gotten a ways in--like, say, Chapter 7 or so--in spite of XIII's flaws at the beginning it gets better and is worth finishing. 

Yeah, I didn't love the gameplay and the closed world format, but I also loved a fair number of the characters which made me extra set on finishing.  There are a few horrific fights in the trilogy in general.  My first time against the Primarch in XIII was actually worse for me than Orphan...... go figure.

I need to ask the Y if they allow chalk...I have a bag but I haven't taken it in yet. Part of me would rather just ask for forgiveness than permission...the other half is Sad and doesn't want the hassle. Should probably get over it and do. I know it would help...

Yeah, I'm now thinking about this too.  I'd rather ask permission, though, since I don't want to spend the money on something that then becomes useless to me.  At the aerial gym, I prefer rosin.

Not only was she a damsel, Serah made a *cameo* in her debut game of XIII, she didn't hardly get to be a character (unless the scenes with Snow count? Do they?). In XIII-2, she is an expository device with pink hair. It may sound harsh, but I really was looking forward to the expanded cast and actually seeing Serah Do Things as you point out. Yes, let's celebrate the virtues of Mog for being the lovable one. No, no wait I loved my albino lobo to absolute bits, too. So that's two.

20120730021225!FFXIII2_enemy_Albino_Lobo Rawr. 

Really, as much as the characters failed to inspire, the game-play was good enough for me to complete. I collected the things and killed the stuff, made people happy on sub-quests (there were Quests in XIII-2!) I do like games where you feel like what you're doing actually changes the land for the better, it encourages exploration and covers for flaws elsewhere. Coming out of the split emotions XIII left me with, XIII-2 was better in just about every way. Wanted to say something nice about it to give some balance, it's a flawed game, but it's a good enough one to play to the end.

Yeah, and every time she cameod I hated her more.  The best thing I can say about her in XIII-2 is I didn't hate her at the end.... but I didn't get depressed at the ending either............ vague so as not to spoil for anyone who hasn't played but I'll just say that while the end of XIII left me furious and a weepy mess, the end of XIII-2 made me go, "Huh, well..... that's interesting.  Wonder how the sequel will go."

Probably not the reaction they were going for, but one has to care more than I cared.

All that said, I think XIII-2 was a very, very good game because it had an interesting setup and premise.... and managed to stay super engaging despite the fact that I really only like Mog and my Silver and Gold Chocobos.

Oh, and I liked looking at Prince Hope.  He annoyed me a lot less as a pretty adult than as a whiny teenager....

tumblr_mkphc9gTVL1r6s7lmo1_500.gif

I cannot agree harder than I am agreeing right now.

Someday we will kick its butt.

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Also, did anyone else count Yeuls?  I lost count and still can't say how many there were.

EDIT: Additionally, does anyone else sort of feel like this is the plot of LR in one image?

tumblr_n43xm1ZV431r8uo3io1_500.png

Either that or this one:

tumblr_ndpjwdkLUY1r8uo3io1_500.jpg

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

so far there is only one injustice in this thread, to be corrected presently:

ShantottoAlts.png

This badass lady was not being represented.

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

What happened to you being my Morgan Freeman, anyway?

Oh lookit that, page 10 happened. On day 2. Ha!

Yeah, I didn't love the gameplay and the closed world format, but I also loved a fair number of the characters which made me extra set on finishing.  There are a few horrific fights in the trilogy in general.  My first time against the Primarch in XIII was actually worse for me than Orphan...... go figure.

Yeah, and every time she cameod I hated her more.  The best thing I can say about her in XIII-2 is I didn't hate her at the end.... but I didn't get depressed at the ending either............ vague so as not to spoil for anyone who hasn't played but I'll just say that while the end of XIII left me furious and a weepy mess, the end of XIII-2 made me go, "Huh, well..... that's interesting.  Wonder how the sequel will go."

Probably not the reaction they were going for, but one has to care more than I cared.

All that said, I think XIII-2 was a very, very good game because it had an interesting setup and premise.... and managed to stay super engaging despite the fact that I really only like Mog and my Silver and Gold Chocobos.

Oh, and I liked looking at Prince Hope.  He annoyed me a lot less as a pretty adult than as a whiny teenager....

Yeah, crazy old Primarch was a battle of attrition each and every time. Evil debuffer is evil. If the characters you spend the most time with beginning had carried the game more strongly for me, I'd agree completely, but I stuck it out for Chapter 9 and things got a bit better all the way around. Definitely XIII's ending was one of those bittersweet endings, while at the end of XIII-2...

Hurr hurr...she got stoned...again.

Yes, less Hope is gonna improve a game if you do nothing else. In fact that might have made all the difference for XIII. An older Hope is a tangible consolation.

I have seen chalk on the bar before, so either someone else has the same idea as me, or it's allowed?

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

so far there is only one injustice in this thread, to be corrected presently:

ShantottoAlts.png

This badass lady was not being represented.

Whooops, here you go:

shantotto-o.gif

Oh lookit that, page 10 happened. On day 2. Ha!

Yeah, crazy old Primarch was a battle of attrition each and every time. Evil debuffer is evil. If the characters you spend the most time with beginning had carried the game more strongly for me, I'd agree completely, but I stuck it out for Chapter 9 and things got a bit better all the way around. Definitely XIII's ending was one of those bittersweet endings, while at the end of XIII-2...

Hurr hurr...she got stoned...again.

Yes, less Hope is gonna improve a game if you do nothing else. In fact that might have made all the difference for XIII. An older Hope is a tangible consolation.

I have seen chalk on the bar before, so either someone else has the same idea as me, or it's allowed?

Last time I couldn't get to 15 in the first week, let's correct that this time, shall we?

Prince Hope is pretty.  Though he continues to lack sense with all his science smarts.  And has terrible taste in women.

tumblr_m82wa2hb8M1qhidpho1_500.gif

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Ok, I'm probably the only one who loved the entire series... (personality-free Hope in LR, Noel being somewhat overentheusiastic, and annoying Yeuls aside)

gallery_34161_1540_281450.gif

Oh, I loved the entire series in my way.  I loved all three games despite their flaws.....  just didn't love all the characters.

XIII had some irritating gameplay (closed world, very linear), plus some characters I couldn't stand (Snow, ughhhhhhhhhhh, whiny Hope, also Serah anytime she showed up) but it also had some amazing characters (FANG AND VANILLE GIVE ME FANEELS) and gorgeous music and graphics and an interesting plot, in the end.  I enjoyed it.

XIII-2 had really fantastic gameplay in my opinion.  Really interesting with the travels through time and going to the same place at the same time in different realities and the changes that wrought.  Fascinating subplot with Lightning and Etro and Caius. Did I care for Serah and Noel and the 85 Yeuls?  Not really, but I love this game.

LR........ super interesting, the use of time was even more creative (even if the timer running out on me stressed me out immensely sometimes), interesting dynamics, and a plot that actually makes all of the earlier stuff tie together, which was not easy to do.  Oh and I got to beat on Snow which was an extra bonus.

tl;dr, love the trilogy.  I don't consider it flawless, but I love it.

DO I EVEN MAKE SENSE.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Also, Re: XIII...level capping on the chapters. WHY. 

I like to level grind. XIII had a problem with letting me. All I want to do is PLAY you, game...

• Like 1

.... I feel so lost because I've never played any FF... *sigh*

Yeah, I loved the old ones on SNES and PS as I grew up, but the newer ones just don't hold she same luster for me! ;_;  (Even if I had the free time to try one out... booooo)

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

This is me. ;;;;; I know a bit about FFXIII because I watched my roommate in college play through some of it, and then I tried to play through it but couldn't get past the prologue. I hear that I just need to get past the opening stuff and then it gets better but alkdjf;slkjf MAYBE SOON??

And I only know about FFXII because my ex-boyfriend played it all the time. ;;; I can be mostly Not Lost when people talk about FFXII at least??

• Like 3

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

I just smile and nod for the most part when it comes to a lot of the FF games.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Also, Re: XIII...level capping on the chapters. WHY. 

I like to level grind. XIII had a problem with letting me. All I want to do is PLAY you, game...

Yeahhhhh that was irritating, too.  It was meant to make things harder, I think.  Which it did, but.... ugh.

Hahahaahaa 85 Yeuls? Ok, here you go:

gallery_34161_1540_114117.gif

Oh yeah.  Look at all that excited happiness.

Yeah, I loved the old ones on SNES and PS as I grew up, but the newer ones just don't hold she same luster for me! ;_;  (Even if I had the free time to try one out... booooo)

I just smile and nod for the most part when it comes to a lot of the FF games.

giphy.gif

I say just enjoy the image spam and move on~

This is me. ;;;;; I know a bit about FFXIII because I watched my roommate in college play through some of it, and then I tried to play through it but couldn't get past the prologue. I hear that I just need to get past the opening stuff and then it gets better but alkdjf;slkjf MAYBE SOON??

And I only know about FFXII because my ex-boyfriend played it all the time. ;;; I can be mostly Not Lost when people talk about FFXII at least??

Oooh, we can totally talk about XII.  I love XII.  Especially this man:

balthier2.gif

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Oooh, we can totally talk about XII.  I love XII.  Especially this man:

balthier2.gif

Ohhhhh yes Balthier. :love_heart: I was superbly impressed by him the brief time I got to play FFXII. I still have a copy of XII for PS2. I just need a platform to play it on. SOMETHING TO BE REMEDIED SOON.

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Ohhhhh yes Balthier. :love_heart: I was superbly impressed by him the brief time I got to play FFXII. I still have a copy of XII for PS2. I just need a platform to play it on. SOMETHING TO BE REMEDIED SOON.

Yes, good, excellent, I expect to be flailing and shipping with you soon.

Especially after this:

tumblr_mp2kddE8I81redp2to5_r3_250.gif

Ugh my heart.

Okay.

I need an emotional break now.  XII and XIII hurt my shippy little heart too much.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

PLAY IT. NAO. At no point does Balthier cease to be impressive.

• Like 1

10 pages. Second day of challenge.

Makes sense.

giphy.gif

This is kind of how it goes around here...................................................

rikku_smiling_by_ryumakkuro-d45u4rp.gif

PLAY IT. NAO. At no point does Balthier cease to be impressive.

Seconded.

tumblr_mhcrz9TfSh1rh9i5co2_500.gif

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads