♫ starsapart starts a one girl revolution ♫

starsapart

Ugh my heart.

Okay.

I need an emotional break now.  XII and XIII hurt my shippy little heart too much.

usually helps. 
  • Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Yeah, I loved the old ones on SNES and PS as I grew up, but the newer ones just don't hold she same luster for me! ;_;  (Even if I had the free time to try one out... booooo)

This is me. ;;;;; I know a bit about FFXIII because I watched my roommate in college play through some of it, and then I tried to play through it but couldn't get past the prologue. I hear that I just need to get past the opening stuff and then it gets better but alkdjf;slkjf MAYBE SOON??

And I only know about FFXII because my ex-boyfriend played it all the time. ;;; I can be mostly Not Lost when people talk about FFXII at least??

Yeah... owning a console is not something that has ever been true about me. I keep thinking that one day I will buy a tv and some sort of console but like a car they are so freaking expensive. And if I buy a tv then I'll feel like I HAVE to get cable. So for now I will continue without that which most nerds consider their lifeblood... give me books and my laptop instead. :love_heart:

I say just enjoy the image spam and move on~

That's what I'm trying to do... my tendency for wanting to learn/know ALL THE THINGS sometimes gets the better of me tho.

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Seriously considering playing FF now after reading this thread. I've never played any of them. I'm not a console girl, strictly PC games. But I see Steam has several of them available for not a lot of money. Now, can I fit in some FF playing while doing my challenge and trying to finish DA:I?

• Like 1

Level 4 Slayer

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 6 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Battle log

Mantra for 2015: I am here

"Riskless is hardly worth your effort." Seth Godin

Seriously considering playing FF now after reading this thread. I've never played any of them. I'm not a console girl, strictly PC games. But I see Steam has several of them available for not a lot of money. Now, can I fit in some FF playing while doing my challenge and trying to finish DA:I?

Yes. Yes, you can. IV - X are all stellar examples of classic JRPGs. XII and XIII are both real-time and there are some pronounced different mechanics from those that came before. Not gonna recommend a first game, as they all have their ups and downs, who cares which you start with when you'll get hooked and play the rest anyway?? LOL.  

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

10 pages. Second day of challenge.

Makes sense.

giphy.gif

don't mean to say you are wrong, but on my timezone there is still 8 more hours to this day… so very likely it will be more than 10 pages
  • Like 3

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

don't mean to say you are wrong, but on my timezone there is still 8 more hours to this day… so very likely it will be more than 10 pages

You tell 'em. We've got another page or two in us, right??

usually helps. 

Always so happy!

tumblr_m8z2anaX6v1ryxlvro1_500.gif

Yeah... owning a console is not something that has ever been true about me. I keep thinking that one day I will buy a tv and some sort of console but like a car they are so freaking expensive. And if I buy a tv then I'll feel like I HAVE to get cable. So for now I will continue without that which most nerds consider their lifeblood... give me books and my laptop instead.  :love_heart:

That's what I'm trying to do... my tendency for wanting to learn/know ALL THE THINGS sometimes gets the better of me tho.

I have a TV for my consoles and no cable.... it's totally not as weird as you might think! ^_^

Page 11!

Thanks, "Morgan." ;)

You know, the DA franchise and the FF franchise have a lot in common in my mind, so if you like one, I feel like you have a good chance of liking the other!

Yes. Yes, you can. IV - X are all stellar examples of classic JRPGs. XII and XIII are both real-time and there are some pronounced different mechanics from those that came before. Not gonna recommend a first game, as they all have their ups and downs, who cares which you start with when you'll get hooked and play the rest anyway?? LOL.  

I'll recommend!  With the idea that yeah, all have their ups and downs......

If you really want a good place to start and you MUST HAVE pretty graphics, try X.  If you are not opposed to sprites, I would say VI is arguably the best game in the series.................... I'm old-fashioned, okay. ;)

I like XII and XIII loads, but yes, they are definitely a different style from the earlier games.

You tell 'em. We've got another page or two in us, right??

Hahahahahahaha well, we're on 11 now...... the afternoon is still young.............................

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

The OHP was a victory - finally back to a 3x5 at my working weight.  Yay!  Deadlift was better with only one warm-up lift, though my hands still get so slippery.... since we don't have chalk, I am thinking of going back to gloves for deadlift so that I can keep a better grip on the bar.  It wasn't the weight doing me in, but my slippery palms.  Why is that where I sweat the most?????????  Fellow lifters, thoughts?  Is it worthwhile to give in to the gloves for grip purposes, or should I just keep obsessively toweling my hands and hoping for the best?

I am SO not a fan of gloves. It can be a crutch for a lot of reasons, and doesn't help you build the correct callouses or grip strength. Have you tried liquid chalk? my husband swears by it. I have dustless chalk, which is like a ball of chalk that you rub on your hands but doesn't make a mess. I mean, we certainly won't judge you if you got back to gloves, but I just personally hate them. They pinch me and rub me weird and I need all the grip strength I can get. Maybe thin gloves if you don't want to try a chalk alternative? or straps? Although straps are a different set of issues, although useful at higher weights. So that's my $.02 :)

• Like 2

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

I am SO not a fan of gloves. It can be a crutch for a lot of reasons, and doesn't help you build the correct callouses or grip strength. Have you tried liquid chalk? my husband swears by it. I have dustless chalk, which is like a ball of chalk that you rub on your hands but doesn't make a mess. I mean, we certainly won't judge you if you got back to gloves, but I just personally hate them. They pinch me and rub me weird and I need all the grip strength I can get. Maybe thin gloves if you don't want to try a chalk alternative? or straps? Although straps are a different set of issues, although useful at higher weights. So that's my $.02 :)

Fair!

As sylph pointed out above, though, aerialists have a slightly different approach to grip training..... in my case I have the callouses and I'm not really concerned about not giving my grip enough work (I'm working it hard at other times); I'm more concerned about dropping the barbell due to sweaty palms/keeping the weight lighter than I really need to compensate and not giving my muscles as much work as I could be.

I actually don't mind gloves so..... hrm, I may try wearing gloves next Monday and see how my DL feels and decide from there.  And ask about chalk, which is a thing I really need to do anyway.  Memo to self, look into the liquid variety.................

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I'm really good at eating at a deficit.  Maybe... a little too good? 

HOW????

What is your secret??? ^_^

Please can you share with your fellow Assassins? 

If only I could eat at a deficit... then I would probably have lot fewer issues with finding clothes... :)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

For serious, the end of XIII was randomly punishing (Cherub's Crowns are imperative), but there is no feeling like Beating the Final Boss. If you've gotten a ways in--like, say, Chapter 7 or so--in spite of XIII's flaws at the beginning it gets better and is worth finishing. 

I don't know how far I am. Past Chapter 9 because I got to Fang and Vanille :D The last thing I remember was that everyone was split up. Vanille was with Sazh and Lightning was with Fang and Snow was with the kid. It's been a while since the last time I played.

Level 8 Asura Warrior

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 [10]

HOW????

What is your secret??? ^_^

Please can you share with your fellow Assassins? 

If only I could eat at a deficit... then I would probably have lot fewer issues with finding clothes... :)

I certainly am glad to share my method, but I'm not sure it's for everyone. :D  Note that I am not saying anyone should/must eat like this - I am just sharing what worked for me.

1. Calculate what you should be eating for your desired rate of weight loss (I mostly let MFP decide for me until I got a better handle on it).
  2. Count every bite that goes in your mouth.  EVERYTHING.  And once you hit your number, stop eating even if hungry.
  3. Plan out meals in advance so that you can eat at regular intervals so as to keep hunger at bay.
  4. Work out hard and often.  Track your exercise but don't eat back exercise calories.
  5. Ensure you're getting enough protein when possible.
  6. No processed foods.
  7. No desserts.
  8. No bread.
  9. No pasta or other noodles.
  10. In general, grains only once or twice a week: for me, it's very rare rice or quinoa.
  11. Only water and tea (no sugar) to drink.
  12. Only homemade sauces. That means no condiments.
  13. In fact, only homemade anything.  Cook everything yourself so you know what's in it.  Count even the calories in the half tablespoon of olive oil you cooked in.
  14. When possible, bake/roast foods to avoid using extra oils.  Steaming is good, too.
  15. Find things that make you feel full but have low calories.  For me, these are chicken breast and eggplant.  Eat these things A LOT.

Having done this for awhile, ratcheting the number of calories down as I continued to lose weight, I was comfortably subsisting on about 1350-1500 gross calories per day.  -_- I've had to reintroduce some things that I'd previously cut as "too caloric" in order to bolster my numbers......................

I don't know how far I am. Past Chapter 9 because I got to Fang and Vanille :D The last thing I remember was that everyone was split up. Vanille was with Sazh and Lightning was with Fang and Snow was with the kid. It's been a while since the last time I played.

You're in the bit before they all come together into one party finally..... that's where it starts to get really good.  :rapture:

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

You know, the DA franchise and the FF franchise have a lot in common in my mind, so if you like one, I feel like you have a good chance of liking the other!

I'll recommend!  With the idea that yeah, all have their ups and downs......

If you really want a good place to start and you MUST HAVE pretty graphics, try X.  If you are not opposed to sprites, I would say VI is arguably the best game in the series.................... I'm old-fashioned, okay. ;)

I like XII and XIII loads, but yes, they are definitely a different style from the earlier games.

I love all the Dragon Age games, as well as Mass Effect. I will have to see what games Steam has available. You know, because you can never have enough computer games.

• Like 4

Level 4 Slayer

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 6 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Battle log

Mantra for 2015: I am here

"Riskless is hardly worth your effort." Seth Godin

Day 2

gif___yuna_singing_200x200_by_robbiebr-d

Shake those hips like you mean it, Yuna!

• FANG [2/7; 2/5]
    • Today's calories: 1739

• Protein: 133g

• QUISTIS [0/1]
    • Not today~

• RIKKU [2/7]
    • Hand exercises done while IT took over my computer (considering this took over an hour, I definitely did more than five minutes)

• GARNET [2/7; 0/1]
    • Facial skincare all done last night and this morning

• ASSASSINS' MINI #1
    • Up to 32 chin-ups since yesterday evening; will do a lot of mountain climbers tomorrow to push the number up, because hell no, the zombies can't have my brain.

Today was a zumba day, which was fun.  Lots of butt-shaking and general hilarity as always.  Bollywood and salsa and belly dance.  Fun times. ^_^  Did my one from-floor chin-up after, just because I was walking past the bar.  Extra bonus: during cooldown to Ellie Goulding's new song, the zumba teacher went off on a rant about how horrified she was about 50 Shades of Abuse (what do you mean that's not its actual title?), which somewhat restored my faith in humanity a little.

I really like that song, but I REFUSE TO CLICK LIKE ON PANDORA until it comes with an Ellie Goulding album cover because I don't want the online marketing engines in any way associating me with the horribly offensive cluster that is those books/that movie.

Ahem, yes, so.

I hit my protein completely on accident.  Also, found myself scrambling for a snack two hours after dinner so as not to come up short on calories.  Ate some of the walnuts that I bought to put in the stew I'm hoping to make tomorrow.  This eating more thing is WEIRDLY HARD when I refuse to raise calories by resorting to junk foods.  Looking at my eating parameters as outlined above (i.e. almost everything is junk food.........), I can sort of understand now why I have problems..... ahahahaha yeahhhhhh.

As mentioned above, got my hand stuff done while my computer was out of commission, did my facial stuff last night and this morning like a good girl, etc.  On track for all goals.  Already thinking of potential life goals for next time, lalalalala.

Also, got sucked into googling FF dancers and started thinking that Penelo's dancer garb would sure make a good costume for camp:

official05.jpg

Except Ashe is my favorite...... but this outfit is cooler............. NERD DIFFICULTIES.

Today's Victories:

• Arms stayed up all the way through the zumba arm song!

• Fridge is full in case further snowpocalypse comes as scheduled.

• Spent some time relaxing and reading a book on the couch, and it felt soooooooooooooooooooo niiiiiiiiiiiice.

• Like 8

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

I love all the Dragon Age games, as well as Mass Effect. I will have to see what games Steam has available. You know, because you can never have enough computer games.

This is the truest truth.

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

I could go on and on and ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about how much I despise 50 Shades of Grey, how (like Twilight) it romanticizes stalkish/abusive behaviors, as well as how obvious it is that the author has no true idea of what BDSM is beyond the most superficial aspects of it, etc, etc, but for my sanity I shall refrain.

Good victories!  Fridge stocking is very important.  God the snow will never end will it?  :(

• Like 5

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

I could go on and on and ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about how much I despise 50 Shades of Grey, how (like Twilight) it romanticizes stalkish/abusive behaviors, as well as how obvious it is that the author has no true idea of what BDSM is beyond the most superficial aspects of it, etc, etc, but for my sanity I shall refrain.

Good victories!  Fridge stocking is very important.  God the snow will never end will it?  :(

You'd probably just be repeating my own thoughts and frustrations back to me, so let's both skip it and just say, I FEEL YOU SISTER.

I wish the snow would end............ even with its attendant allergies, I want spring.............

AND I WANT TO HANG OUT WITH YOU THIS WEEKEND AND WATCH ANIMATED LESBIANS SHOOT THINGS BUT IF IT SNOWS AGAIN IT WON'T HAPPEN.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

60% chance my friend *sigh*  We may need to reschedule again!  STUPID SNOW!  STAY IN THE MOUNTAINS WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!

go_away_pirates_caribbean.gif

• Like 5

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Aaaaaaaaaaah reading bliss ...

rapunzel-books.jpg

This used to be me at the library when I wasn't working yet. Now I am filling backpacks of books for my daughter instead :D

Good for you and YAY for all the zumba fun!!

• Like 2

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

usually helps. 

I finally had time to follow the link, and while I like this version (because it has the swing version of the chocobo theme) it lacks the Vamo alla flamenco chocobo theme pizzazz, which is my personal favourite (but I know its not the classical theme), so here are for everyones delight some other very enjoyable versions:

Ukelele de chocobo (from FF IX)

Fiddle de chocobo (the gold saucer's chocobo race music from FF VII, because who did not hear that one over and over and over and over and....oh gold chocobos...)

And the Samba de chocobo (from FF IV)

BONUS VERSION (unofficial, but come on, this takes the prize)

• Like 3

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

BONUS VERSION (unofficial, but come on, this takes the prize)

... what did I just watch???!

*still laughing*

Day 2

gif___yuna_singing_200x200_by_robbiebr-d

Shake those hips like you mean it, Yuna!

• FANG [2/7; 2/5]
    • Today's calories: 1739
    • Protein: 133g
  • QUISTIS [0/1]
    • Not today~
  • RIKKU [2/7]
    • Hand exercises done while IT took over my computer (considering this took over an hour, I definitely did more than five minutes)
  • GARNET [2/7; 0/1]
    • Facial skincare all done last night and this morning
  • ASSASSINS' MINI #1
    • Up to 32 chin-ups since yesterday evening; will do a lot of mountain climbers tomorrow to push the number up, because hell no, the zombies can't have my brain.

Today was a zumba day, which was fun.  Lots of butt-shaking and general hilarity as always.  Bollywood and salsa and belly dance.  Fun times.  ^_^  Did my one from-floor chin-up after, just because I was walking past the bar.  Extra bonus: during cooldown to Ellie Goulding's new song, the zumba teacher went off on a rant about how horrified she was about 50 Shades of Abuse (what do you mean that's not its actual title?), which somewhat restored my faith in humanity a little.

I really like that song, but I REFUSE TO CLICK LIKE ON PANDORA until it comes with an Ellie Goulding album cover because I don't want the online marketing engines in any way associating me with the horribly offensive cluster that is those books/that movie.

Ahem, yes, so.

I hit my protein completely on accident.  Also, found myself scrambling for a snack two hours after dinner so as not to come up short on calories.  Ate some of the walnuts that I bought to put in the stew I'm hoping to make tomorrow.  This eating more thing is WEIRDLY HARD when I refuse to raise calories by resorting to junk foods.  Looking at my eating parameters as outlined above (i.e. almost everything is junk food.........), I can sort of understand now why I have problems..... ahahahaha yeahhhhhh.

As mentioned above, got my hand stuff done while my computer was out of commission, did my facial stuff last night and this morning like a good girl, etc.  On track for all goals.  Already thinking of potential life goals for next time, lalalalala.

Also, got sucked into googling FF dancers and started thinking that Penelo's dancer garb would sure make a good costume for camp:

official05.jpg

Except Ashe is my favorite...... but this outfit is cooler............. NERD DIFFICULTIES.

Today's Victories:

• Arms stayed up all the way through the zumba arm song!
  • Fridge is full in case further snowpocalypse comes as scheduled.
  • Spent some time relaxing and reading a book on the couch, and it felt soooooooooooooooooooo niiiiiiiiiiiice.

• w00t!
  • double-w00t!
  • multi-w00t!

Hilarious 50 shades of **** review! With .gifs! (Edit: potential NSFW? Mostly words, some naughty, plenty gifs, all fully clothed (excl. skeletons) Links to goodreads.com)

yay consensual relationships :D

• Like 4

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

Awesome day Maaya! I honestly have done all I can to avoid the 50 Shades books and I won't be going to the movie either. All I've heard is that it portrays everything about BDSM wrong and that makes me sad. And it sounds like the movie is just plain bad as well.

• Like 2

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Hilarious 50 shades of **** review! With .gifs!

yay consensual relationships :D

This... was brilliant. Never read the book myself, never intend to read it or watch the movie unless I get really really drunk and even then I can think of better ways to entertain myself when I get drunk, but I feel like I got everything I need to know from that review. Thank you for this, it made my morning. :D

• Like 2

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log