Syren

The Batman villain pantheon is one of many of my true loves -- particularly that of the Batman Animated Series of 90's era. 

With villainesses such as Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Catwoman... well women on the comic stage have been downplayed a bit on the ingenuity and power spectrum. However, it was the 90's so the plots of Poison Ivy and Catwomen really struck a chord in me and my whackadoodle burgeoning hippiness. 

Such is my challenge this round -- Bring on the Whackadoodle Hippiness!

Or, you know, keep trying to get fit so I stop creaking so much when I move, by being inspired by the femme fatales of Gotham City!

8xn1i1.jpg

Step 1: Fall in love with the color of green food. Eat something green with every meal -- bonus if it is a dark and leafy green.

262w02s.jpg

Step 2: Give up on my unstable and unreliable relationship with Starbucks.

2cxfgqq.jpg

Step 3: Study the end objective before going in for the kill. (Study for Wetlands Ecology and rock it!)

dmzc4x.jpg

Step 4: What do these Ladies have in common? Well agility, strength, daring and what have you! While maintaining my current workout regime, I will add in one balance and flexibility workout each week. (I am going to keep swimming, this is just an important part of strength training that I have been ignoring).

*Bonus*

23vc3tc.jpg

Step 5: Keep moving throughout the day -- Park far, far away from the necessary access building

• Like 6

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Oh this is so awesome!  Fantastic theme for sure.  I loved Harley Quinn even though she could never completely give up The Joker.  You will be able to give up Starbucks!  Whackadoodle Hippiness for the win!

I look forward to following this challenge.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

looks like lots of fun -- giving up Starbucks...is that even a thing? Are you inventing something new here?

"Magic?" the old man replied, his raspy voice curling around the pipe like smoke,

"There's no such thing as that; not the way they mean...

There's sight, there's wisdom, and there's motion.

The rest is just...seeing what happens."

Pre-Challenge Week

Day 1 - 2 in battle log

Day 3 - skipped lunch -- was not hungry -- swam 2200 yard lifeguard workout -- starving, but no time for food before GIS class -- grab office coffee and a cookie from the break room -- eat all of the pizza at mellow mushroom trivia

Day4 -- severely dragging -- take a rest day -- fall to the siren song of Panera while in pursuit of good coffee and internet off campus and then the Dragon City Cantonese later

Day 5 -- Speed Swim with Masters -- Hit my intervals, though I am soooo slow -- Good form though :D

Warm Up

300 easy choice

8 x 25 fingertip drag easy, alt fist drill fast

5 x 100 moderate free

Main Set

5 x 100 fartlek

50 easy recovery

8 x 25 kick fast on back alt fast choice stroke no free

Post Set

4 x 50 (15 yard chunks) underwater/sprint/easy/sprint

Cool Down 

300 easy choice

Total 2250 yards

Had a nice big breakfast bowl -- green eggs (spinach and scrambled eggs) with turkey, mushrooms, peppers, and onions + siracha and a "cup" of coffee that should last through my commute.

Pre workout was a couple of banana muffins -- recipe

Carb heavy, but I have to eat something before a swim and it can't be almost pure dairy, eggs, or fruit if I want it to stay down.

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Nice swim workout, I am trying to decide how I feel about my Master's swim class because it isn't just free style.  Some days it is almost half IM strokes.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Nice swim workout, I am trying to decide how I feel about my Master's swim class because it isn't just free style.  Some days it is almost half IM strokes.

I love IM days, but they are few and far between. Our coach and most of the team swim in a great many triathlon so freestyle is their prominent training stroke.

I just swim for fitness right now so I get board if it is all freestyle.

Day 6

Breakfast -- Green Eggs and Ham!

Swim

Warm up --

200 Easy Choice

Pre-Set --

4 x 75 Backstroke 1 arm drill 

Main Set -- 

2 x 200 reverse IM

50 easy free

10 x 75 free easy, fly fast, back fast, rest 10 sec, easy free, breast fast, free fast, rest 10 sec: repeat

50 easy free

12 x 25 -- kick easy, stroke easy, kick fast, stroke fast IM order

Post Set --

4 x 100 easy choice (back), fast free by 50's

Cool Down --

250 Easy Choice

Total 2700

Lunch -- Zalad

Dinner -- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza with chicken

• Like 1

A cosplay friend of mine created an amazing Harley costume for the Edwardian Ball that they have here. Edwardian steampunk Harley! Also, fantastic Challenge. And just FYI . . . I sort of started to get what folks like about this whole swimming thing by the end of the last Challenge. Gonna try to keep at it, maybe find an adult beginner's class . . . so despite playing as a villain this time you actually were a good influence. So there!

• Like 1

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Week 1, Day 1 challenge Proper

Swimmy Swimmy Power Set

Warm up 300 freestyle

Pre-Set 

4 x 50 fist drill alt easy/fast

6 x 25 Zone test: Z1 (easy), Z2 (easy-moderate), Z3 (moderate), Z4 (moderate-fast), Z5 (fast), Z6 (all out)

Main Set

4 x 200 build by 50's

4 x 100 steady Z4

4 x 75 descend

400 steady moderate 

Cool down 250 mixed strokes

Upper Body Workout

3 x 5 pool assisted pull ups

1 x 10 wide arm push ups

3 x 4 triceps dips

2 x 5 wide arm push ups

3 x 5 triceps push ups

3 x 5 diamond push ups

3 x 5 down dog push ups

Static stretches

Breakfast: Green eggs and ham -- hit all the color groups too

Lunch: Honeydew Melon, Cheese, Strawberries, trailmix... yeah it was a snacky kind of day for lunch: I teach lab from 11am - 2pm. I'm just not hungry when we set up at 10am, then I am ravenous at 12pm, but by the time 2pm rolls around I have forgotten all about it.

Dinner -- Pork chops, brussels sprouts, mashed squash (and probably a cookie... or I might make bread pudding out of that old loaf of bread lurking on the counter that has yet to mold)

There are a few yoga classes offered at school, so I might start sticking around for some next week as long as I pack enough food.

Enough yaking, I must go study plants and... whatever it is we are currently learning in wetlands -- we've already done nutrient cycling, hydrology, soil composition, and community structure... I just have not retained anything from the past two lectures... I think we have an open note quiz tomorrow... so that will be fun.

• Like 2

So for your zone training, are  you doing HR zones, or perceived exertion?   Your swim workout sound awesome BTW.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

At the moment, the zones are perceived exertion and additionally based on the time it takes to make it down and back up the lane.

However, when I have time to do heart rate calculations, I do strive for those.

It is a bit difficult when doing endurance sets (rest for 5 seconds then go again) or speed sets and interval sets... and trying to go fast with perfect form all simultaneously. There are too many things to think about, and I cannot do maths in my head for the life of me.

Today was not a Master's practice, but I went for a swim anyway

Warm Up -- 200 easy choice

Pre-Set -- 4 x 50 hip skate drill for balance

Main Set

2 x 175 IM down, Free return

3 x 150 Swim, Kick, Pull No Free

4 x 125 IM rotate with the 25

5 x 100 Drill Down Swim Return No Free

Post Set -- 8 x 25 easy/fast kick IM order

Cool Down -- 200 easy choice

Leg Day!

3 x 12 squats

3 x 12 forward lunges

3 x 12 calf raises

3 x 12 reverse lunges

3 x 5 one legged squats

All of the stretching

Breakfast -- Green Eggs and Turkey (I am starting to get tired of this, as I have been consuming it for almost 4 weeks straight, so I need new ideas)

Lunch -- Buffalo Chicken Salad + Sweet Potato Tots

(plan) Dinner -- Jerked Pork Loin, Sweet Potatoes, Collard Greens

• Like 1

Try making a bunch of chicken hash (with tons of veggies) at night and you can just add an egg over easy on top in the morning.  

• Like 1

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Yup, beets, onions, and colored peppers often find their way into mine.  Spinach too.  Covers most of the rainbow.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

I am taking an impromptu rest day today. Mostly because I feel like crap and do not want to push it.

Stay Tuned for tomorrow.

Opted for yogurt and berries this morning for breakfast rather than things with the green

But had a salad for lunch, so it is not the end of ze world.

Okay all this is making me hungry.  My favorite is sweet potato hash topped with an egg and 1/2 avacado mashed up with some lemon and a bit of fresh onion.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile