Syren

I would love to try a monofin, but the full tails make me a little claustrophobic -- wetsuits are bad enough!

They always seem expensive when I look at them -- but I just put down $50 for a new swim backpack that will (hopefully) fit school and swim gear into it so I only need one bag. I think monofins are not that much more expensive if you don't care about color... I shall look.

I did not swim this morning (freaking out about how much I procrastinate for everything)

I am aiming to go for a jog around campus after class, then plunging into the icy depths for however far I can swim non-stop for an hour.

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

My kiddo saved allowance and money from presents (birthday and christmas) for 5 months to be able to buy a tail.  No mono fin because that would have doubled the cost.  She likes with tail alone.  It is open at the bottom so she can waddle around on land.  LOL  I offered to get one too as a joke but I am with you on having my legs that restricted.  

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

I neither jogged nor swam yesterday -- stomach issues -- probably from something I ate at lunch -- like that carrot cake cupcake --

Anyway, got in the pool this morning with the masters -- I am still extremely slow, but I still got into the pool

300 freestyle easy

200 backstroke kick easy

4 x 125 swim/swim/drill/swim/swim

8 x 25 IM order, moderate pace (Z3)

4 x 100 Z4 pace with 0:20 rest

4 x 100 Z4 pace with 0:10 rest

4 x 50 Z5 pace with 0:30 rest

4 x 50 IM Z4-Z5 pace with 0:20 rest

200 pull with paddles

100 easy

Total 2700 yards

7 pool assisted pull ups

11 triceps dips

5 diamond pushups (no knees)

5 wide arm pushups (no knees)

5 triceps pushups (no knees)

2 sun salutations

lots of stretching

Sum defessa... Je suis fatigué... Soy fatigado...I am tired -- Yay! I'm also multilingual --

though the Latin is the only one that actually I remember readily aside from English

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Silly question but do you use a swim cap with all your swimming?  It does such a number on my hair and I do not swim nearly as much as you.  This summer we will be doing the rec center (indoor pool) and for convenience the local outdoor pool.  I am going to start working on laps during rest periods despite my lack of skill anymore.  

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Silly question but do you use a swim cap with all your swimming?  It does such a number on my hair and I do not swim nearly as much as you.  This summer we will be doing the rec center (indoor pool) and for convenience the local outdoor pool.  I am going to start working on laps during rest periods despite my lack of skill anymore.  

I use a swim cap, but mostly to keep my hair out of my face since I wear it long-ish.  

The best way to keep chlorine out, that I have found, is to get your hair wet with freshwater before you swim, then put on the cap before you get in the pool. 

After your swim, immediately wash your hair with either a normal shampoo, or you can get a fancy dechlorinating shampoo (honestly baking soda works really well to scrub chlorine out, it just gives your hair a day at the beach look). There are sprays on the market that help get the chlorine out as well: like a vitamin C spray: which is literally diluted lemon juice, or dissolved citric acid (that stuff you put in homemade pickles or jams as an extra preserving salt). Diluted apple cider vinegar also works well, (it also makes my dank brown hair shiny).

• Like 1

yeah I will not buy anything that fancy.  LOL  Before swimming we always get wet and then we shower and wash our hair and use a leave in conditioner.  Just oour usual products.  Will try the cider vinegar.  :)

That's a Wrap -- 

I might successfully make it as a homicidal phytophile

2nw1ms7.jpg

Love Green Food (108/107)

100%
100%

Moderately successful at kicking obsessions to the curb

16aqex0.jpg

Give Up Starbucks (30/36)

83%
83%

Better late to the party than never.

mw5ojp.jpg

Increase Balance and Flexibility (3/6)

50%
50%
  • Like 2