blkhole24601 Channels Her Inner (Badass) Disney Princess

blkhole24601

I love documentaries, but I do have to be careful with choosing them because depending on the documentary (basically, anything having to do with science, history, and especially history+science in which they use science to determine history, like the documentaries that DNA tested old skeletons to find out who King Tut's parents were or if the newly discovered skeleton is actually Richard III) I'll wind up just sitting down and getting glued to the TV instead. :lol: I think animal documentaries will be good enough not to distract me from cleaning -- unless it's something with animals that are too damn adorable for their own good!

Well, David Attenborough and his camera crew are rather good and making animals adorable. But they're also good and showing the less-adroable side of things too, so maybe it's a good balance? My particular favourites are the one about Birds of Paradise (though it's hard to look away from, they're fascinating) and the Frozen Planet ones.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Well, David Attenborough and his camera crew are rather good and making animals adorable. But they're also good and showing the less-adroable side of things too, so maybe it's a good balance? My particular favourites are the one about Birds of Paradise (though it's hard to look away from, they're fascinating) and the Frozen Planet ones.

In college, my roommates and I made it a nightly tradition to watch David Attenborough's Planet Earth. It was around the time of the HD vs. Blu-ray wars and one of my roommates had set up a home theater in our basement, so we watched an episode a night in HD and were always mesmerized by it. I need to get my hands on a Blu-ray copy of this show someday. It was an incredible series. I haven't seen the other two, though. I think I saw Birds of Paradise on Netflix, so I'll have to check it out -- maybe after I'm done cleaning, though!

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Day 0

or, preparatory things for the coming 6 weeks

A combination of two of my loves: a cappella and Disney!

• This week was a trial run of Quest 1 to see if it would be something that I could sustain. If you look in my battle log, I encountered a couple of complications (blood drive was being held in the aerobics room, making TMNT Mobility and Balance really difficult, and depression was being a special little bitch to me all throughout the week, too) but it was all quite doable in the end. And while my challenge is worded to give myself flexibility, I did come up with a schedule I intend to follow every day as best as I can, but it's nice to know that if for some reason I can't do the specified workout I have Options.

• Dancing 3x/week could be trickier than I thought, but then I didn't make it too much a priority this week, either. Seriously, things are easier when I have a challenge and accountability to motivate me!

• Generally, Mondays and Thursdays will be for Stronglifts. Some Mondays and Thursdays will also have a double workout in which I dance; these will be on the weeks when I have to go to work on Fridays (I work a 9/80 schedule, so I have every other Friday off).

• Tuesdays are running days! HIIT on the treadmill if it's too cold/snowy/dark outside, but I'd love to go back to Zombies, Run! and let myself get chased by zombs again.

• Wednesdays are jazz class days! Also yoga days. If the snow prevents me from going to class because it is so much not an easy drive (so much downtown driving, ugh), I'll go to the Broadway tap/jazz class on Thursdays even though it's full of teenagers, making me the only adult. Or since my Saturdays will be freeing up after this Saturday, I'll go to a noon jazz class I found. We'll see. But jazz is always a priority.

• When I have Fridays off, I'll either be doing an easy run after Pure Ballet class, or going to the U-Jam class before Pure Ballet. When I have to work on Fridays, it'll most likely just be running if I can't dance first thing in the morning before going to work. If I can get off work early enough, though, it'll be Dance Central/Zumba before going to rehearsal.

• Saturdays/Sundays are freebie/rest days. If I rest on Saturday, I do something on Sunday, most likely either running or dancing, and vice versa.

• Given my general weekly schedule, my days of cooking will most likely be either Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays or Sundays. I'll always aim for Tuesdays unless something comes up, and yes, I'll be sharing the recipes here!

• Tyro moving in with me is so much going to help the cleaning (and decluttering) goals; last night I managed to do a healthy clean-up of video games, books, and movies since these were the first things he moved in because #priorities. :lol: There's still a lot of work to be done, but it's nice having extra motivation to get on top of this, too. The trickiest part of cleaning 5x/week though is making the time for it because my schedule is hectic, but that's the entire point! If I have the time to settle down for an episode of Friends before crashing for the night, I have the time to clean for 20-25 minutes!

So yes, let us do the thing with the challenge!! Best of luck to all in the coming 6 weeks!

• Like 7

2016 Battle Log

Attenborough, Disney accapella and all the awesome dancing!!!! Hooked to your thread already  :strawberry:

That is one packed schedule you have there. But it sounds well planned out and I can see you already enjoying the rest on weekend, in your neat home, with your tummy full of healthy stuff and scheming where to run from the zombies....

You will ace this!

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

• Tyro moving in with me is so much going to help the cleaning (and decluttering) goals; last night I managed to do a healthy clean-up of video games, books, and movies since these were the first things he moved in because #priorities. :lol: There's still a lot of work to be done, but it's nice having extra motivation to get on top of this, too. The trickiest part of cleaning 5x/week though is making the time for it because my schedule is hectic, but that's the entire point! If I have the time to settle down for an episode of Friends before crashing for the night, I have the time to clean for 20-25 minutes!

So yes, let us do the thing with the challenge!! Best of luck to all in the coming 6 weeks!

Having someone else move in always helps with the decluttering because you have to prioritize what needs to stay. So yay! :D

• Like 1

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚

I like preparation being made!  Awesome planning :D

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Oh hey, my boyfriend got his challenge thread up this morning/last night/whenever it was. Help him feel welcome!! http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/61114-its-tyro231-morphin-time/ I'm poking at him about getting more involved in the forums but he's surprisingly shy about it???

Attenborough, Disney accapella and all the awesome dancing!!!! Hooked to your thread already  :strawberry:

That is one packed schedule you have there. But it sounds well planned out and I can see you already enjoying the rest on weekend, in your neat home, with your tummy full of healthy stuff and scheming where to run from the zombies....

You will ace this!

Yay!! I'll endeavor to make the rest of the coming weeks just as entertaining. ^_^

Planning ahead is super important for my anxiety. I need to know what I'm doing before I do it or else I'm nothing but stressed, plus it makes sure I'm in a position for success. :)

Having someone else move in always helps with the decluttering because you have to prioritize what needs to stay. So yay! :D

Yep! Hard decisions are somehow easier knowing more stuff is coming in, and I realize just how little I need or even want a lot of things anymore. Plus it helps Tyro's a neater person than I am. ;;;;;;;;

I like preparation being made!  Awesome planning :D

Wooo!! :D

• Like 1

2016 Battle Log

I had no idea there was a whole mean-girl Aurora meme.  It's funny because she's really the lightest princess there is and the internet has given her a BIG personality.

I use the inbetween week as a trial run, too!

Good luck on your challenge!

• Like 2

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

I had no idea there was a whole mean-girl Aurora meme.  It's funny because she's really the lightest princess there is and the internet has given her a BIG personality.

I use the inbetween week as a trial run, too!

Good luck on your challenge!

It's so brilliant, I can't get enough of it. Buzzfeed collected a few of them but apparently there's a Tumblr by the creator that has a whole bunch more? My computer can't negotiate her Tumblr, unfortunately, sob, but still, love it. ^_^

The interim weeks are a fantastic time to see, if you're doing something new, if what you're doing is actually feasible. But then I also plan out my next challenge halfway through the current one, so I even start incorporating ideas for the next challenge into the current one early on just to make sure it's what I actually want to be doing. I'd like to be the kind of person who keeps a consistent plan throughout the months, but I get burned out and bored so easily that every six weeks I need to change something. ;;;;;;; Ah, well, whatever works, right?

Thanks!! Best of luck to you too! :)

• Like 3

2016 Battle Log

Oh hey, my boyfriend got his challenge thread up this morning/last night/whenever it was. Help him feel welcome!! http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/61114-its-tyro231-morphin-time/ I'm poking at him about getting more involved in the forums but he's surprisingly shy about it???

Yay!! I'll endeavor to make the rest of the coming weeks just as entertaining. ^_^

Planning ahead is super important for my anxiety. I need to know what I'm doing before I do it or else I'm nothing but stressed, plus it makes sure I'm in a position for success. :)

Awesome news about the BF, I'm sure he'll warm up soon enough.

Planning ahead = winning!

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Awesome news about the BF, I'm sure he'll warm up soon enough.

Planning ahead = winning!

It's funny because if you knew him IRL, "shy" is one of the last things you'd call him! He could almost pass as an extrovert, I swear. :lol: I just didn't know what else to call his hesitance on getting more involved around here, tbh. He's also plenty busy and doesn't work a desk job, which is how I can get away with being more active around the forums than I should. ;;; I'd probably be a bigger lurker if I didn't have the freedom to get on the forums throughout the day!

Good luck on your challenge! I love the goals you have set this go round. :)

Thanks!! I'm excited about my goals; all of them are good for me and most of them are fun! Cleaning is not so much fun (so glad Tyro claims to love cleaning and is a neater person than I am!), but I'm hoping that by adding the Netflix element to it, it'll be more bearable. :)

• Like 2

2016 Battle Log

Found you! Let's go be awesome!

Elsa-and-Anna-disney-frozen-35821206-500

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Day 1

tumblr_njyouqJqcI1rpcl4mo1_500.gif

Because only shirtless!Shang can herald in a challenge in the best Disney way possible~

Challenge start!

After my workout I weighed myself (even though I don't really care too much about it to track for challenge purposes; I still care only to make sure I'm continuing to eat the proper amount of calories) and was 118.5lb. Say what.  :confused-new: Also, I think I'm on the verge of breaking up with breakfast. I eat very little in the morning anymore and truth be told, breakfast is more likely to happen in the form of brunch on the weekends these days. I'm actually quite okay with this. I'm actually less hungry throughout the morning when I skip breakfast than when I have something to eat and therefore less inclined to eat lunch too early or snack until lunchtime!

Quest 1: Mulan [Workout 1/5]

All three criteria met during today's workout!

1. TMNT Mobility & Balance [1/5]
  2. Stronglifts [1/2] Other Workout [0/3]
    1. 5x5 Squats @ 125-lb
    2. 5x5 Bench Press @ 50-lb
    3. 3x20 Russian twists @ 12-lb
    4. 3x5 Assisted Pull-ups
  3. Splits/Flexibility [1/5]

Handstands work today was focused on using too little force to get myself up into a handstand to try to find that balance. I figure that I need to go big the other direction since I've been trying to find that balance for the past 2-3 weeks and have had marginal success. Overcorrection ftw? In any case, I was able to find the balance a lot more easily than in the past, the problem is that my body is so used to falling back into the wall, and my shoes can be enough to knock my balance that way sometimes, too, that it's something I need to continue to work at. But hey, at least I'm fixing the stagnation problem.

And my cartwheels to the right may not be pretty, but they exist. My cartwheels to the left are still pretty abysmal but I'll spend tomorrow and/or Wednesday working through progressions for technique correcting purposes. Today was more about just doing them for the warm-up prior to Stronglifts.

And guyyyyyyyysssssss next week I can do away with the measly 2.5-lb weights on the Olympic barbell for bench press and have a more respectable 5-lb weight on each end so I feel less ridiculous. :lol: I will probably repeat the 125lb squats since they were actually hard to finish up, so I want to make sure I'm comfortable with them before going up to 130lb. I'm squatting more than my bodyweight. This is insane. WHAT.

Still not feeling up to replacing barbell rows with dumbbell rows, but assisted pull-ups are still a great replacement overall. Maybe next week, we'll see!

Quest 2: Ariel [Dancing 0/3]

No dancing planned for today, though in between sets of Stronglifts I worked on jazz pirouettes and pique turns. Spinning clockwise on the pirouettes are good to go, I'm proud of the progress I've made, but counter clockwise can still use a lot of work and really, I should rethink when I work on pique turns in my regular workout since I think my legs were too worn out by the time I got to them. They were a mess. ;;; Granted, working on these spins in between sets of squats probably isn't my best informed decision to begin with...

Quest 3: Tiana [Cooking 0/1]

Not tonight because I have class, but I have every intention of doing this tomorrow. To ease myself back into this, I'm probably just going to wind up using a recipe I used in the past that I know I'm good at. Asparagus is still in season, right?

Life Quest: Giselle [singing 1/6, Cleaning 0/5]

I will be singing on my way to class because at this point, that at least is pure habit that I'm not even worried about it happening. I'll warm-up and then work on my audition piece. Tomorrow I should be getting my music for The Mikado so I'll at the very least solfege it if I don't sing through it; that said, since all I listen to in my car anymore is music from The Mikado, it's perpetually stuck in my head no matter what I do. Right now the Act 2 finale is on repeat even after my workout where my playlist is Disney and Broadway and Daughtry and Bon Jovi. Nope. Take out the ear phones, all I hear is, "There's lots of good fish good fish in the sea..." ;;;;;;;;;; I've only been to one rehearsal for The Mikado so far, wtf man.

That said, I most likely will not be cleaning tonight since I won't get home until a little after 10pm and will almost for sure crash into bed soon as I kick off my shoes. That's fine, I'm not expecting to do any cleaning on Mondays until after my acting class ends halfway through the challenge. There's a reason this is a 5x/week thing instead of a 6x/week thing!

---

Tomorrow's Plan: Running on the treadmill because it's still going to be far too cold to go outside. Yes, I'm a big wimp when it comes to the cold, I'll admit it! I'll have to take it easier on myself than last week; my ankles were unhappy on Wednesday. I got through jazz class okay, but, hrm, I'll rethink how I'll do my intervals. For reference, last week I did 8x200m intervals at 8.0 mph and 1% incline. For now, I might wind up doing 6x400m intervals at 7.0 mph and 1% incline. We'll see. Just don't want to make jazz class harder than it needs to be since it's the priority!

Also, as mentioned above, tomorrow I'll be cooking my first meal of the challenge and spending some time cleaning. It'll likely be the last remaining bits of laundry I still need to put away, but Tyro mentioned he might be bringing more things over and we still need to unpack his latest set of boxes, too, so the decluttering of my stuff might be the thing that happens instead. Also, attacking my music with solfege, that at the very least will happen on the music front, too!

• Like 6

2016 Battle Log

Me when it's cold out and I need to work out:

1385537_o.gif

along with:

nope.gif

I am a giant wimp when it comes to the cold: the only workout I do in the cold is shoveling snow, scraping ice of my car, or skiing.  Everything else is within the nice confines of my warm home, so you are not alone.

Great first day write up! :D

• Like 3

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Me when it's cold out and I need to work out:

1385537_o.gif

along with:

nope.gif

I am a giant wimp when it comes to the cold: the only workout I do in the cold is shoveling snow, scraping ice of my car, or skiing.  Everything else is within the nice confines of my warm home, so you are not alone.

Great first day write up! :D

#accurate tho

anigif_enhanced-buzz-549-1370689544-9.gi<- what it takes to get me to go outside when it's cold, I swear

A drum corps instructor I had once told us that he'll do cold or he'll do wet, but he won't do cold AND wet. I'm finding that I don't do wet OR cold, but if forced to make a decision, I'll take cold over wet. I Do Not Do Wet. Unfortunately, thanks to the blizzard, it's cold and wet in all of the worst ways, sob. :( 

Thanks! :D

• Like 4

2016 Battle Log

Oh man. That awkward moment when you discover one of your coworkers is also on NF. :lol: He's a recruit who's considering the Assassins Guild... go say hi? http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/61229-astronerd-shoots-for-the-moon/

• Like 2

2016 Battle Log

Oh man. That awkward moment when you discover one of your coworkers is also on NF. :lol: He's a recruit who's considering the Assassins Guild... go say hi? http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/61229-astronerd-shoots-for-the-moon/

EPIC!!!! (goes to check if he's on the special assassin list....)

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

I'm squatting more than my bodyweight. This is insane. WHAT.  AWESOME!

Fixed this for you. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Hehe.  Hehehehehe. Hehehehe.  He.  

That's just incredibly silly and I love it.

Don't care what anyone else says. Octoupuses are cool and that gif is win. :D

EPIC!!!! (goes to check if he's on the special assassin list....)

It was a bizarre moment where he was talking to someone else about it, I was in earshot, and I was like "NERD FITNESS?! I'm on that site too!!!" :lol:

Looks like you did pretty well yesterday, I have to say I completely agree with you about the cold, I do not like cold days.  I much prefer the boiling hot days of summer even though I will gladly complain about them too.  :tongue:

The thing I like most about summer is all the daylight hours. Yeah, it's annoying that I have to wake up early to make sure I get my run in, but I mean. It's preferable to the cold. The cold hurts to breathe in, even!

See, if every day was like September, I would be pleased. Autumn is the best weather.

Way to kick it off.  :D

(I would be more eloquent, but ugh so tired.)

Woooo! And no eloquence is required here~! ;)

Fixed this for you. :)

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2016 Battle Log

Fandoms, oh how I love you for headcanons!  Didn't realize bitchy Aurora was a thing (I normally stick with WoW, HP fans these days).

Awesome dance goals (and superb talk and gifs too) and cooking :D  Totally going to lurk in the shadows this challenge :)

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say)