My Little Pony Changes Direction

Paisley

Week 2 day 3

Goal 1 – Strength Training

Got to the gym on Wednesday
squats: 6 @ 45, 5 @ 55, 5 @ 65, 5 @ 75, 5 @ 85 (easy day)
OHP: 8 @ 25, 5 @ 35, 5 @ 45, 4 @ 52.5, 2 @ 55
Deadlifts:5 @ 95, 5 @125, 1 @140, 1 @ 160, 3 @ 170 (tried so hard for the 4th and 5th but couldn't get it), 1 @ 160 3 @ 125.

good mornings: 5 @ 45, 5 @ 55

curls: 8 @ 20, 6 @ 30, 5 @ 40, 2 @ 45.

negatives

Goal 2 – 30 mins Incidental Exercise

nope not today

Total 4 points for the week

Goal 3 – No Eating after 7:30pm

All good tonight. 

2/3

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afteroon tea - done wednesday
1 point for no additional snacking - nope also ate extra cookie dough
 point for making it healthy. -- nope cake was involved again - but it's all gone now.

5 points for the week

Goal 5 – lifestyle

1 thing per week off the list of things to do around the house - mainly painting. - Got the door and fram for L room and my room done on Tuesday
1 crafty item per week - Did the finishing touches on the coat. Just waiting for the snaps to arrive to finished it totally.

today I worked on modifying a coat pattern so I can use it for boys coats as well as girls (for some reason no one wants puffed sleeves on a boys coat).

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

1 point for no additional snacking - nope also ate extra cookie dough

Yeah, cookie dough got me last weekend.  (Damn you cookie dough!) 

• Like 1

Sir Thalianost, Level 9 Human Knight (Training as a Warrior)

STR - 24.6 | DEX - 4.1 | STA - 1.7 | CON - 15.4 | WIS - 3.2 | CHA - 4.1

Those who live by the sword die by the sword... and wouldn't want it any other way.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th

Current Challenge:

Thalianost Branches Out

Week 2 day 4 and 5

rest day Thursday

gym on Friday

Bench: max 5 @ 77.5 lb - although I don't know that I really got this.  I asked one of the guys there to spot for me and I had to do the roll of shame at 75 last week but after the first two reps he had his hand on the bar which made it sooo much easier he must have been taking quite a bit of the weight -still I definitely got 2 without help and 3 with.

Squats: max 100 lb - pretty blagh but they got done.  Really need to take some form videos so I can see myself from the side.

Yates rows: max 65 lb

Then I decided to try some power cleans.  65lb.  Felt a bit wonky and my knee was sore afterwards but they felt good.  Will try and do these some more and ge the movement down pat.

nope none yesterday and I doubt we'll get any in today either.  Hopefullly it'll warm up soon and we can go play outside again - but at the moment board games are my friend.

edit to add  - well we did actually go outside for a play today - all three of us, so that's our points for today

8Total  points for the week

done wed and Thursday

3/4

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afteroon tea - not done Thursday but done Friday
1 point for no additional snacking - got this, no additional snack on Thursday or Friday
point for making it healthy. -- Fridays was a skyr yoghurt so that's 1 point

8 points for the week

Goal 5 – lifestyle

1 thing per week off the list of things to do around the house - mainly painting. - Got the door and fram for L room and my room done on Tuesday
1 crafty item per week - Did the finishing touches on the coat. Just waiting for the snaps to arrive to finished it totally.

another coat cut out using the new pattern, still need to sew it up.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

That's great!  It's always great to win stuff, especially healthy stuff.  Wish I could win a free month of crossfit.  Have fun!

Sir Thalianost, Level 9 Human Knight (Training as a Warrior)

STR - 24.6 | DEX - 4.1 | STA - 1.7 | CON - 15.4 | WIS - 3.2 | CHA - 4.1

Those who live by the sword die by the sword... and wouldn't want it any other way.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th

Current Challenge:

Thalianost Branches Out

Week 2 day 4 and 5

Bench: max 5 @ 77.5 lb - although I don't know that I really got this.  I asked one of the guys there to spot for me and I had to do the roll of shame at 75 last week but after the first two reps he had his hand on the bar which made it sooo much easier he must have been taking quite a bit of the weight -still I definitely got 2 without help and 3 with.

Did you ask for him to touch the bar? When I get stranger to spot me, I always emphasize DO NOT TOUCH THE BAR! It is annoying because you don't know for sure what you actually lifted!

So I got some exciting news today.  The new crossfit place that opened up near me was running a raffle for a free month of crossfit and I found out today that I won.  Very excited.  Hopefully I can start that on Monday.  I'm very excited about that.

WOOT! I am friends with the owner of the local box. I pop in every now and then. Crossfit isn't my thing really, but I like the people there and do enjoy they occasional WOD...

That's great!  It's always great to win stuff, especially healthy stuff.  Wish I could win a free month of crossfit.  Have fun!

That sounds fantastic! Congrats!

Thanks I'm sure I will have a fun

Did you ask for him to touch the bar? When I get stranger to spot me, I always emphasize DO NOT TOUCH THE BAR! It is annoying because you don't know for sure what you actually lifted!

WOOT! I am friends with the owner of the local box. I pop in every now and then. Crossfit isn't my thing really, but I like the people there and do enjoy they occasional WOD...

I didn't really specify when I asked him - I'll have to remember to be more specific next time.

Yeah I'm still not sure whether I'll actually join but its great to get a free month to try it out. I'll make a decision whether to stick with it at the end.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 2 day 6 and 7 (and weekly wrap up)

Saturday and Sunday are both rest days so not extra here.
Over all I got in all three lifting sessions this week and am on track to hit the weights I specified....except that I'll probably not be doing the lifting program for the rest of this challenge but doing cross fit instead.  May have to modify this goal.  Will see ha happens after my first class on Wednesday.

Got the kids out playing on Saturday so 4 points there, but nothing on Sunday

12 Total points for the week for a C grade.  Who would have thought this's be so hard.

A – 23 - 28 points
B – 18 -22 points
C – 12-17 points
F –0 -11 points

done Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Hoe do I know this is working....there is a half a can of sweetened condensed milk that's been sitting in the fridge for 2 days now....that I haven't eaten it all is a huge plus for me.

total - 6/7 for an A grade

A – 6-7 nights
B – 4-5 night
C – 2 – 3 night
F - <2 nights

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - not done Saturday or Sunday - 0 points
1 point for no additional snacking - Saturday afternoon we ate snow ice cream, Sunday real ice cream - 0 points
point for making it healthy. -- 0 points

8 points for the week

A – 18 - 21 points
B – 14 -17 points
C – 10-13 points
F –0 - 9 points
whilst this comes out as an F I don't feel like I've been all that bad. Still need to work harder on this

Goal 5 – lifestyle

1 thing per week off the list of things to do around the house - mainly painting. - Got the door and fram for L room and my room done on Tuesday - 1 item off list.
1 crafty item per week - Finished off the first coat on Saturday after the new snaps arrived, then finished off the second coat yesterday as well. so 2 items down.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 3 day 1

gym again this morning
squats - 5 @ 105
bench press - 2 @ 77.5lb + 1 @ 77.5 - had to do the roll of shame twice though as I couldn't manage any more either time.

Got the kids out playing in the maze again so 4 points for today

4 points total.

All good tonight

total - 1/7

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - made paleo banana bread and J made apricot, nut, coconut balls - 1 point
1 point for no additional snacking - L and J made me eat snow ice cream again..its all their fault I tell you. - 0 points
point for making it healthy. -well my planned food as healthy does that count - 2 points

2 points for the week

Goal 5 – lifestyle

1 thing per week off the list of things to do around the house - mainly painting. - Got the door and fram for L room and my room done on Tuesday - 1 item off list.
1 crafty item per week - Finished off the first coat on Saturday after the new snaps arrived, then finished off the second coat yesterday as well. so 2 items down.

Nothing really done today - though I did get the two coats I made up on my facebook store.

024a%20-%20Copy_zpsqvzdqqdj.jpg

051a%20-%20Copy_zpsvopcfu7w.jpg

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

I just love the first jacket! Wishing I had a little girl to buy it for.

Thanks - I'm super proud of that one.

Week 3 day 2

rest day

Yap we all went out for a play after school - lots of running through the maze and jumping rope etc

8 points total.

Nope - last night I just had this craving for something in the evening.  But the good news was that instead of lots of snacking I had one small bowl of greek yoghurt mixed with cocoa powder and left it at that.

total - 1/7

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - left over paleo banana bread  - 1 point

1 point for no additional snacking - one small slice of BB so I got this one today. - 1 points

point for making it healthy. -well my planned food as healthy does that count - 1 points

5 points for the week

Goal 5 – lifestyle

1 crafty item per week - Finished off the first coat on Saturday after the new snaps arrived, then finished off the second coat yesterday as well. so 2 items down.

did some work on my hexapuff quilt yesterday - started joining some of the squares together.

• Like 1

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Ok so first cross fit class this morning. I thought I should document my measurements today and see if I can see any difference after my 30 days of free cross fit so here goes.

Measurements:

weight 62.4kg

biceps (flexed) 12.5 in

bust 36 in

underbust 31 in

waist (at belly button) 36 in

belly at largest point 39.5 in

hips 39.5 in

thighs 23 in

SO todays workout was...well...

warm up

3 rounds

broad jumps down the room, inch worm back (can I just say I hate inch worms)

high knees down and back

workout

4 rounds for time

overhead lunges down the room and back @ 15 lb (I did the first length down at 35lb but decided against doing that the whole way)

30 sit ups

cash out

3 x 12 barbell rows @ 35 lb

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 3 day 3 and 4

So I did cross fit both Wednesday and Thursday.  Definitely feeling the soreness (And the extra hunger). 

I think at this point I'm going to change this goal to do cross fit 3 times and week and then I'll just do one final lift at the end of the challenge to see how close I got to the final numbers.

Wednesday was good - lots of running around outside with the kids (Hey it was 56 deg had to get a good dose of that sunshine).  4 points

But then Thursday was cold and windy again and I was so sore from my workout that I skipped on this. 0 points

12 points total.

got this both Wednesday and Thursday

total - 3/7

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - Wednesday went out for ice cream - 0 point Thursday - no snack - 0 snack
1 point for no additional snacking - was no extra snacks. - 1 points - no snack - 0 points
point for making it healthy.  - 0 points - 0 points

7 points for the week

Goal 5 – lifestyle

No work on Wednesday, Thursday I started making a jumpsuit for L.  Am thinking of reworking it into pants and shirt though as I think its going to be too hard to get on and off.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 3 day 5, 6, 7 and Summary

cross fit again on Friday.  Not quite so hard today, but burpees.  urghhh.

Saturday and Sunday rest and try to get to the point where I can stand up straight again.....my core is killing me.

Friday was good, J made us go outside to play again, but Saturday and Sunday were a bust.  Cold and rainy/snowy out so we stayed inside and did sewing . 4 points

16 points total for a C grade.  Improving but still not great.

A – 23 - 28 points
B – 18 -22 points
C – 12-17 points
F –0 -11 points

got this both Friday and Saturday, but not Sunday - in fact went a bit overboard Sunday without even thinking about it - slipped back into bad habits.  Have to make sure it was a one off.

total - 5/7 for  B grade

A – 6-7 nights
B – 4-5 night
C – 2 – 3 night
F - <2 nights

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - Wednesday went out for ice cream - 1 point Friday, 1 point Saturday 0 Points Sunday 
1 point for no additional snacking - was no extra snacks. - 1 point each Friday, Saturday and Sunday -
point for making it healthy. -  1 point Friday and Saturday - 0 points Sunday

14 points for the week for a B grade - getting better

A – 18 - 21 points
B – 14 -17 points
C – 10-13 points
F –0 - 9 points

Goal 5 – lifestyle

1 thing per week off the list of things to do around the house - mainly painting. - Got the door and frame for L room painted - 1 item off list.
1 crafty item per week - 2 cost, jumpsuit, t-shirt - 4  items

Saturday I finished off L's jumpsuit and a green peacock shirt, plus I made a tiny little dog for L.  Sunday I made another tiny dog for J photos to come.

• Like 1

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

024a%20-%20Copy_zpsqvzdqqdj.jpg

051a%20-%20Copy_zpsvopcfu7w.jpg

Those jackets are killer!! I especially love how you balance the structured shoulders with the flare or ruffle at the bottom. So nice!

Also in awe of your snacking powers! It sounds like you're really making some good progress, and not feeling like it's all over if you slip back into old habits one night. I may use you for snacking inspiration next challenge :)

Also also, I know I'm a little late in saying this but congrats on the membership win!! I would love to try crossfit, but don't have the money yet and haven't done any lifting at all... maybe I'll look around for some raffles to enter :D

Hope you have a great week 4!

p.s. Just realized I went overboard snacking last night (Sunday) too... let's blame it on the moon or something...

Lvl 3 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 9.25 || DEX 5 || STA 3 || CON 9.75 || WIS 12.75 || CHA 2

Challenges: Current || #1 || #2 || #3 || Artistic & Creative Accountability || Etsy Shop

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. --The Fox in The Little Prince

Walk to Mordor // 116 out of 1779 miles

Those jackets are killer!! I especially love how you balance the structured shoulders with the flare or ruffle at the bottom. So nice!

Also in awe of your snacking powers! It sounds like you're really making some good progress, and not feeling like it's all over if you slip back into old habits one night. I may use you for snacking inspiration next challenge :)

Also also, I know I'm a little late in saying this but congrats on the membership win!! I would love to try crossfit, but don't have the money yet and haven't done any lifting at all... maybe I'll look around for some raffles to enter :D

Hope you have a great week 4!

p.s. Just realized I went overboard snacking last night (Sunday) too... let's blame it on the moon or something...

Thanks. I'm not so sure the snacking is really going that well - I have a feeling I may just be transferring all those snack to morning snacks or just tacking them onto lunch. I really need to watch out for that. And yep blaming Sunday on the moon sounds like a great idea to me.

Week 4 day 1

cross fit again today. power hang cleans I got 75lb so I'm pretty happy with that.

WOD was sprints, power hang cleans and box jumps/step ups.  too much cardio.......

nope - spent all day sewing. 0 points

0 points total

got this no  probs

total - 1/7

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - strawberry milkshakes (milk and frozen strawberries) - 1 point

1 point for no additional snacking - was no extra snacks. - 1 point

point for making it healthy. - yep - 1 point

3 points for the week

Goal 5 – lifestyle

1 thing per week off the list of things to do around the house - mainly painting. - Got the door and frame for L room painted - 1 item off list.

1 crafty item per week - 2 cost, jumpsuit, t-shirt - 4 items

I realized that its husbands birthday on Thursday and I have no idea what to get him.  He wants a new wallet, but he wants one with a pocket for change and I can't find one anywhere, so I decided today to try and make one. Spent then entire day at the sewing machine but I wasn't happy with it. so I started all over again using the original one as a template - that's halfway done and will hopefully be nice enough to use.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Sounds like a great start to the week. It's difficult to build incidental exercise into the day when you are home, isn't it?

especially at this time of the year. Hopefully once it warms up I can get a little better on this.

Week 4 day 2

cross fit again today.  push presses for todays strength - managed 75lb was very happy..

WOD was wall balls and Kettle bell swings.

nope - . 0 points

0 points total

got this no probs

total - 2/7

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - had to go to the ice cream parlour to order a birthday cake - so of course we had to have an an ice cream - 1 point

1 point for no additional snacking - was no extra snacks. - 1 point

point for making it healthy. - nope - 0 point

5 points for the week

Goal 5 – lifestyle

1 thing per week off the list of things to do around the house - mainly painting. - Got the door and frame for L room painted - 1 item off list.

finished off the wallet - didn't end up as nice as I had hoped bummer, may try again later with a few different techniques.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 4 day 3

cross fit again today. burpees, pull ups, sit ups, dumbbell clean and jerk and air squats -

stayed behind after class and J and I played for half an hour, kicking a ball around, running races etc.  I think that counts at least half points - . 2 points

2 points total

I didn't actually do this today, but at least it wasn't just mindless eating,  I was still feeling hungry and like I needed more for the day so I had a bowl of yoghurt after dinner.

total - 2/7

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - no afternoon tea - 0 point
1 point for no additional snacking - was no snacks. - 1 point
point for making it healthy. - nope - 0 point

6 points for the week

Goal 5 – lifestyle

nothing done today - spent all day trying to find birthday presents for husband. 

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 4 day 4 and 5

cross fit again today and yesterday.  Dead lifts yesterday, 115lb for 21, 15 and 9 reps. and today push press and cleans at 55lb.

Thursday I only got 5 mins of playing with J but today we did a full half hour again - . 4 points

4 points total

Thursday yes, Friday - no not even close.

total - 3/7

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - Thursday 1 point Friday nope - 1 point
1 point for no additional snacking - was no snacks. - Thursday 1 point Friday nope - 1 point
point for making it healthy. - Thursday 1 point Friday nope -  1 point

9 points for the week

Goal 5 – lifestyle

nothing done today or yesterday

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 4 summary

no workouts on the weekend, but overall 5 days this week so I'm happy with that.

nothing at all on the weekend - I hate this cold I just want some warmer weather already....- . 4 points

4 points total - That's an F for this week

A – 23 - 28 points
B – 18 -22 points
C – 12-17 points
F –0 -11 points

Saturday we went out for dinner and were not done eating by 7:30 so nope and Sunday we had icecream cake.

total - 3/7 - C grade this week  Hopefully its just cause it was a birthday week.

A – 6-7 nights
B – 4-5 night
C – 2 – 3 night
F - <2 nights

Goal 4 – Afternoon tea

1 point/per if I make a dedicated afternoon tea - nope - 0 points
1 point for no additional snacking - No snacks on Saturday - 1 point
point for making it healthy. - 0 point

10 points for the week - C grade here too.

A – 18 - 21 points
B – 14 -17 points
C – 10-13 points
F –0 - 9 points

Goal 5 – lifestyle

1 crafty item per week - 2 coat, jumpsuit, t-shirt, remakes - 5 items

Saturday I did some sewing, I remade a shirt for J and a dress for L  I think I can count that for the week. Still no further work on the house.

Overall not the greatest week but I'm still here plugging away. Onto a better week 5

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog