Strickland5 Keeps It GOING!

It snowed here this morning too.. a whole half an inch!!  Of course, the town is mostly shut down.  Now it's raining and hopefully not turning to ice.  Oy vey!

I'm WAY more worried about ice tomorrow but fortunately Hobbes (our Subaru) is fairly sure footed :)

Stay strong brother!  YOU GOT THE DRINK QUEST!

4b59915ecce0dee4bfa3f60680308695e4491ea4

b2f5ac0e3fd15701b35f28d5df51af30112a6e66

Day 3 / 2015-02-25

Georgia is gearing up for a snow storm which may or may not occur ... I love living in a state that lives in fear of weather.

Who knows fear better than Darth Vader! 

10475018453_3ec93124c4.jpg

Quest 1 - Keep up the Mileage

Got in 0.51 miles before came and another 1.97 during camp. With my 10K on Sunday looks like I'm in good shape! 

Camp was an "adventure" style workout. We were broken into three teams and while one team member ran to one of various points in the park to retrieve a cone the rest of the team did core work ... yeah after doing kettle bells Monday night my obliques are hurting. 

9.6/15 

47.47%
47.47%

Quest 2 - Reduce the Booze

I did have a sip of wine that my wife was having as it was an '08 Cab from our first trip to Napa, it was lovely

100%
100%

Quest 3 - Drink more water

27 cups yesterday and 9 cups so far to day. Having a 3 cup jug which I drink from might be a problem 

51/112 

45.54%
45.54%

Life quest - Socialize with other Photogs!

Sadly last night's meet up was canceled ... :( I did wander around and take some snaps which I'll post later today/tonight.

0%
0%
  • Like 2

Dang, you are going to turn into a water-person, KILLING that quest!  I have not been drinking as much water as I should this week, shame on me... ;-;  I need a 3 cup jug to keep at my desk!!

Got mine from my FLRS (friendly local running shop) but REI or even Target carries 'em. 

• Like 1

Day 4 / 2015-02-26

Snow ? What snow ? We got some sleet and icy rain but I saw NO snow ... oh well ... can I go to the beach now?

3441732731_29faa7fc1c.jpg

photo circa 2009 when i was ~300lbs  X_x

Got in 2.03 before TRX this morning!  Today's TRX was Duck-duck-goose-15-10. We had 3 folks so 2 people did an exercise for 15 reps against the goose who was doing a different exercise for 10 reps. The goose always won but we all had good fun!

11.63/15 

77.53%
77.53%

I had 1/2 a glass of tasty barley wine - Jekyll Brewing's Off the Grid - so strike 1! 

75%
75%

So yesterday I had 27 cups of water 

78/112 

69.64%
69.64%

No photo work last night, nor any gatherings ... need to make this happen!

0%
0%
  • Like 1

Dang, you are going to turn into a water-person, KILLING that quest!  I have not been drinking as much water as I should this week, shame on me... ;-;  I need a 3 cup jug to keep at my desk!! 

Got mine from my FLRS (friendly local running shop) but REI or even Target carries 'em. 

I carry a 1L CamelBak eddy with me pretty much all the time. I got mine from REI because it's close. I also have a 24oz one but found I had to refill it way too often.

• Like 2

What, you're still kicking around here? Guess I'll follow another old-timer... :tongue:

Quest 2 - Reduce the Booze (+2STA +2CON)

This I COMPLETELY failed at eliminating booze last time around.

So with that knowledge I'm going to set more realistic goals!

Nice job learning from the past! Decreasing first often beats out cutting out entirely.

Day 2 / 2015-02-24

Today's update has been brought to your by french toast weather (aka snow) in Georgia

3321125558_40c850e2dd.jpg

It's an old photo but I love my wife's smile!

Adorable photo. Living in Massachusetts I am usually the first to be all "it sounds silly, but they only have like 2 plows for a city of 1.2 million people" or something understanding like that. After this winter (really, this past month) I don't care.

DKTDvdE.png?1

That is my girlfriend shoveling snow. That pile that is 8-9 feet high is the only place to put it.

Day 4 / 2015-02-25

Snow ? What snow ? We got some sleet and icy rain but I saw NO snow ... oh well ... can I go to the beach now?

3441732731_29faa7fc1c.jpg

photo circa 2009 when i was ~300lbs  X_x

Dude awesome photo for comparison's sake! I want beach, please.

• Like 2

What, you're still kicking around here? Guess I'll follow another old-timer...  :tongue:

No school like the old school for us old fools ... wait a second ...

Adorable photo. Living in Massachusetts I am usually the first to be all "it sounds silly, but they only have like 2 plows for a city of 1.2 million people" or something understanding like that. After this winter (really, this past month) I don't care.

We just don't get THAT much snow ... the issue last year was the fact that everyone left at the same time which turned things into a complete cluster!

Dude awesome photo for comparison's sake! I want beach, please.

Me too ... sadly it isn't happening today.... or tomorrow ... until April I think.

That is a lot of agua, are you feeling okay with that much?

Strangely it's just what I drink during my day ... crazy as that sounds!

• Like 1

I like your challenge. I have been working on keeping my beer intake down overall. Why does so much of it have to be so good? I started buying my beer at a specialty shop instead of the case store. Pennsylvania is a pain about booze. So I started buying single bottles of a beer rather than a 6er or case. Then I still got to drink it but I wasn't waist deep in beer. It helped removed a lot of the temptation. I always seemed to order one more in a bar. Go figure?

I like your challenge. I have been working on keeping my beer intake down overall. Why does so much of it have to be so good? I started buying my beer at a specialty shop instead of the case store. Pennsylvania is a pain about booze. So I started buying single bottles of a beer rather than a 6er or case. Then I still got to drink it but I wasn't waist deep in beer. It helped removed a lot of the temptation. I always seemed to order one more in a bar. Go figure?

thanks! The booze is the toughest part of this challenge it would seem. My wife and I both enjoy wine and beer (usually 7%+ beer) so staying away from it in our house can be difficult. Won't help that we've got a friend who's brewing us some W00Tstout currently which means we'll have 3-4 gallons of the stuff ... oh the fun :)

Day 5 / 2015-02-27

Thinking of spring ...

4484869179_45bf5646ca.jpg

Me circa 2010 ... egads look at those moobs and chipmunk cheeks! 

Went to boot camp today expecting a long run but got a different work out which netted me 1 mile. 

12.63/15 

84.2%
84.2%

Nothing last night, so yay me!

75%
75%

22 cups of water yesterday ... so slack!

100/112 

89.29%
89.29%

Nothing ... I'm a punk ... ugh X_x

0%
0%
  • Like 2

Progress pictures, that's what they are!! :D

In 2010 and 2011 I did 365 projects ...  which is ironic as those were the years when I was at my heaviest ... but SURE we'll call 'em progress photos ;)

Here's the best progress photo set I've got ... this is me from 2008 to 2013. 

RZmonL1l.jpg

• Like 7

Day 6-7 / 2015-02-28/03-01

16065647253_e1d8de1550.jpg

My Project 52 shot for the week.

March has a "water" theme ... should be nifty

No running yesterday due to my race today.

So I did the inTown 10K this morning that's another 6.2 miles to my weekly mileage.

Oh and it was a 10K PR for me at 55m22s! This beating my old PR by over 2 minutes! 

18.83/15 

125.5%
125.5%

Between happy hour friday and thanksgiving in Feburary yesterday ... I've failed this quest for this week.

Here's to next week!

0%
0%

19 glasses on Friday and 23 yesterday ... currently at 9 today. Yeah definitely hydrating

143/112 

126.8%
126.8%

Nothing ... did get my Week8 Project 52 edited today though! (see above!)

0%
0%
  • Like 4