• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Strickland5

Strickland5 Keeps It GOING!

Your progress bars!  Where did they go?!

Still going strong at least!  W00t!

Lazy Andrew is lazy  ... been posting my updates via my phone before bed which makes progress bars difficult at best.

• Like 1

Is it bad I'm bored with this challenge now? I've done all the bits save the booze at 100% ... ugh. 

So random info here - went for my annual physical yesterday. Weighted in at 235 and all seemed well. got labs in late yesterday and my bad cholesterol is STILL high... this is the 3rd year in a row. Not sure what I'm going to do about it. Plus its higher now  than it was last year! Ugh.

Ugh

Ugh

Ugh

Back to your normal day.

Dude I am right there with you.  Totally bored with this one... it's gotten a little too easy and I'm ready for a REAL CHALLENGE!  (Which is definitely coming up, eek~~~)

What dietary changes are you thinking about?  (I know little about high cholesterol...)

• Like 1

Dude I am right there with you.  Totally bored with this one... it's gotten a little too easy and I'm ready for a REAL CHALLENGE!  (Which is definitely coming up, eek~~~)

Not sure that its too easy or what ...

Seriously need to reevaluate my goals and how to work towards them. I really need to drop 30 lbs and get my body fat percentage under 20 ... heck under 15% would be great. Currently according to my scale has me in the 30% range X_x 

Pondering doing some heavy kettle bell work for the next few months to help put on muscle and cut the fat - the wife has been trying to do the kettle bells and boot camp but I'm not sure if that's a great idea or not. Need to talk with her and start figuring that out.

What dietary changes are you thinking about?  (I know little about high cholesterol...)

No clue, I need to investigate and educate myself - and talk to my doc as I'm sure he'll have more knowledge than me. 

• Like 1

Not sure that its too easy or what ...

Seriously need to reevaluate my goals and how to work towards them. I really need to drop 30 lbs and get my body fat percentage under 20 ... heck under 15% would be great. Currently according to my scale has me in the 30% range X_x 

Pondering doing some heavy kettle bell work for the next few months to help put on muscle and cut the fat - the wife has been trying to do the kettle bells and boot camp but I'm not sure if that's a great idea or not. Need to talk with her and start figuring that out.

No clue, I need to investigate and educate myself - and talk to my doc as I'm sure he'll have more knowledge than me. 

I hate to say it man, but beer.  I haven't cut it even completely out, I'll still have 3 or 4 a week max, but WHOA have I noticed a difference BF-wise.  Less bloat, definitely slimming down more around the abdominal area.  I've cut 5 pounds already from just cutting back (I'm petite and short though - pre-beer cut the scale would sit around 138, now it's at 133 daily, no matter when I weigh in, even if I've had a beer or two one weeknight.)  It just makes such a damn difference.  WHHYYYYYY so tasty. ;____;

My boyfriend is slowly (begrudgingly) starting to realize this too.  It's hard for us because it's SO social.  (I'm sure it's the same with you guys too.)

I will sing the praises of strength training from the mountaintops~ :D

• Like 1

Gotta second the beer thing. This is my first challenge, and 2 main things i'm doing are eating a little mindfull and... drumroll, drinking less beer. And my weight is going down FAST!!! Almost a pound a week since the beginning of the challenge. And that's at the end of losing some weight. See the graph. 

HD

So i know some of this will come from the mindfull eating but the rest comes from no beers.

It's not that i don't drink at all, i just try to minimize it, and i'm doing a pretty good job. Haven't had a beer in 3 weeks. And if you don't count the last 3 glasses of beer it has been almost 5 weeks. So for sure that would make a huge impact...

• Like 1

I'll third the beer thing.  :(  Which reminds me:  another attempt at the booze goal you may try first spending a few weeks just logging how much you actually drink (like one would do with food) and then work from there.  So, say on average you drink 6 beers per week and 3 boozy concoctions.  Maybe cut it down to 5 beers and 2 concoctions.  The next week or two, cut it down by one or two more, so on and so forth until you reach an over all goal.  

Also, that reminds me that I need to send you those KB books!!  

So yeah, definitely pro strength (obvs).  The boot camp stuff is good but is more likely a little more high rep/heavy breathing pseudo cardio stuff.  I would definitely add the low rep, high weight KB work as a complement to your running. 

• Like 2

Week 6 Update

Now with 100% more progress bars!

7024718099_7befdcbc4f.jpg

Hello old logo!

Quest 1 - Keep up the Mileage

Knocking this out ... have a 6.4 mile trail race tomorrow so yeah I'm good here

11.21/15

74.7%
74.7%

Quest 2 - Reduce the Booze

Meh ... booze booze and more booze in my life

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Drink more water

Definitely going well with this one ... averaging 17-18 cups a day without issue.

69/112

61.6%
61.6%

Life quest - Socialize with other Photogs!
Hung out and shot some Tuesday with APG  though I still need to edit them and get them posted

Also need to do my Project 52 photo

100%
100%
  • Like 1

Catching up but yes, I think the combination of less beer and more strength training will help make a difference.  I still drink beer sometimes, but only if my macros allow and even then when I go out to eat ( and it's not a cheat day), I drink red wine instead (less carb heavy). 

Your H20 is amazing!  Awesome work there, along with all of the running, the socializing, and your project!  Overall a good ending, despite needing to evaluate the diet changes.

Next challenge is coming soon!  Exciting!

• Like 2

CHALLENGE WRAP UP

17033788175_102c92ffcd.jpg

Long exposure of the miniature japanese maple in the yard 

Quest 1 - Keep up the Mileage

Managed to get 15+ miles in 5 out of 6 weeks and the only reason I missed once was due to being ill. So A! 

+2 Sta, +2 Dex

Quest 2 - Reduce the Booze

Fail 100% bonafide failure.

Quest 3 - Drink more water

I got in all my water with ease A+!

+2 Con, +1 Wis

Life quest - Socialize with other Photogs!

Managed to go to 6 separate events and event take a photo or two ;)

+2 Wis, +2 Chr

• Like 3

So Life Quest was a total WIN! A++

Do you know how you want to work with booze now or is it still undefined as to what works best for you?

Love the pics, but you know that already! hehe

• Like 2

You still did awesome on all of the rest of the challenge, and you'll defeat the booze one day!  I believe in you!

See ya in the next challenge :D

We'll see, currently not sure what I want to do for the next challenge. 

So Life Quest was a total WIN! A++

Do you know how you want to work with booze now or is it still undefined as to what works best for you?

Love the pics, but you know that already! hehe

Living in a bunker devoid of the presence of booze might work best ;) 

• Like 1