Challenge #6 - Maigrey's De-CRAP-tastic Lenten Challenge

maigrey

Let’s be frank: I buy too much stuff that I end up not even using.  I have an amazon box still unopened in my house. So, for Lent, I am going to challenge myself to remove 40 bags of stuff in 40 days.  I get Sundays off [because they’re not in Lent, do the math, how cool!] or one day of the week of my choosing

OMG - You had so much awesome in this challenge I had to do a copy/past and add my own stuff in your stuff thing!    ^^This, this right here, has totally made me want to go through my closet, my hidden draws, my cabinets, my everything and get RID of the stuff I don't use and get decluttered and organized.  This is amazing, and I love how you tied it into the 40 days of Lent hehe!

Until Easter, I will not buy anything that isn’t essential to my survival.  This includes food/perishables and paper products.  This does NOT include:

Ugh!  I have this problem.   I go through phases of NOT buying crap I don't need, to like, zomg there goes $500!!     There's this app I found that, when I use it?  I do really really well with keeping my spending in check.    It's called goodbudget, and it follows the envelope style budgeting technique.   I set so much money per week that I can use on certain things, and you keep track of all the expenditures.   Every week (or month if you set it that way) you refill your envelopes, and you can either have your left over amounts roll over (I do this as it encourages me to 'save up' for bigger things) or just clear and start fresh.   It's pretty spiffy, and free.    

I’ll put everything I want on a wishlist [which helps my family with birthday gift choices next month], and at the end of the challenge, I’ll evaluate what items I still want and which ones I didn’t need to buy in the first place

^^Again.  Super awesome idea.  STEALING!

BONUS POINTS:

+ MOVE everyday (mobility, walking, workout)

+ Mindful eating (chew your food slowly, get away from the TV)

+ Sleep 7-9 hours 

I kinda feel like I could almost just copy your challenge and make it mine.   I REALLY need to try and focus on that last one, the sleep - but I haven't reached a point where I am willing to commit to trying for it.

I use the internet WAY too much, and I mostly am sucked into a time vortex which doesn’t do a lot for me, and just leaves things piling up.  Also, I have a lot of crap that runs through my head and I don’t take enough time to brain dump it.

Annnnd one more thing I really ought to steal but am not ready to 'quit' yet. :)    These are amazing goals dear.  Seriously.

tl;dr -    zomg, I stealz your ideas ok?     These are great!    And I love how you broke them all down and your spreadsheets make me so excite!

Totally going to stalk you on this because you are for sure going to be inspiring/reminding me through out the next 6 weeks to do stuff I need to be doing, even if it's not on MY challenge this time around.

Go maigrey!!

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

Weekend Catch-up Post:

Day 1.5 - Friday

Friday was a pretty crazy day at work, but I did manage to clear everything out of my in-boxes before starting the weekend. I didn't get enough sleep the night before (I woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep), so caffeine it was before my workout with Sheena.

I had what she calls a 'breakthrough workout'.  Normally she makes me earn my jerks, because as I've said, they are easy and fun for me.  We'd tried split vs push jerks on Tuesday; surprisingly to me, I feel much more solid/stable while doing push jerks vs split.  Sheena said both were quite good, but I am slightly better with the PJ - it may have something to do with my knees being whiny.

In any case, she had me doing C&Js first and we ended up with snatches.  I'm getting much better on my cleans, although I'm still working on getting fast elbows under the bar.  For cleans she had me do a series of:

Hang below knees power clean + Hang above knees power clean + High Hang Power Clean

The first two were usually good and the HHPC was the hardest, and I continued to work on extension. Jerks were just fine as usual.  

Then we went to snatches off the blocks (see above whiny knees); and started with the same complex, except instead of power cleans, we were doing power snatches.  We warmed up with the bar and then a 20kg set, after which I said the weight was actually a bit light.  So we threw another 5kg on, and off I went.

The first hang below knees PS, my mind had just gone back to all the same sets of cleans we were doing and I pulled the bar up. It wasn't until the point where I would put my elbows under the bar on a clean when I realized "Oh shit, I'm doing snatches, not cleans!" At which point, I pushed the elbows in and up and dropped which got a "YESSSS THAT IS ITTTT" cheer from Sheena.

Who knew I just had to pretend I was doing clean pulls with a snatch grip to get the arm motion?

The rest of the day was fine, but I was exhausted after I picked up the puppy from day care - I took the day off from the 40 bags challenge and basically sat on the couch and vegged for the evening, and I have no guilt about that.  I also was too tired to reflect on the day as well, so it was a very low point total day.

Day 1.6 - Saturday

Oly class day! Low volumes as the week of Mar 2 is max week.

Workout: 2015-02-28

A. power snatch:
    60% x 2; rest 2 minutes
    70% x 2 x 3; rest 2 minutes
17x2
19x3 first one was the best, then I started thinking too much
19x3
19x3

B. power clean / jerk: 70% x 2.1 x 4; rest 2 minutes
20x2.1
20x2.1 
20x2.1
20x2.1 

C. back squat:
    55% x 4; rest 2 minutes
    65% x 3 x 4; rest 2 minutes
13x4
15x4
15x3
15x3

Then I stayed and watched some of the CF Open competition, and even got to be one of my coaches' judge.  Felt weird yelling NO REP at him for toes to bars, but hey.

The rest of the day was a free day.  I had BIG PLANS to get my storage containers sorted!  I realized that having 7 hours to do stuff really doesn't equate to DOING ALL THE THINGS FOR 7 HOURS STRAIGHT.   But I was okay with what I did, and I'm excited to see a clean kitchen.  I have a week to get this all done, because Sunday is lenten dinner group at my place, aie-ya.

Oh, yeah - $4 on ice cream.  I'm going to have to start posting my food here.

Daily Reflection:  I don't have to get everything done all at once, progress can be slow, and that's not a bad thing.

Day 1.7 - Sunday

This was a pretty crazy day.  I was supposed to go to bookclub at 2 pm, but was out from 8 am and got back at noon, and then TOTALLY FORGOT about Sunday dinner group, so I bailed on bookclub.  At least I've learned from my mistakes in the past: I cannot and SHOULD NOT do everything.

But, the day was good - the dinner was SO much better than last week's and I was happy about that.   Got all the containers that I'd run through the dishwasher put away and while there is a lot to go, it looks pretty.   The cleaning lady is coming Tuesday, so Monday night I'm going to have to get those containers taken care of and sorted/thrown away/recycled.

Summary:
hWhI5DZ.png

Not greeeat [12 is the max per day] but not horrrrrrible for a weekend.

Battle Log of Awesome

Current Challenge: maigrey goes MAD ..ison

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 34(ish), 5(ish)6(ish)7(ish)8(ish)

Definitely not horrible for a weekend and it sounds like your workouts were extra productive. :D

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

THE REALLY SUPER LATE BUT STILL AWESOME WEEK 1 REVIEW

I've realized that one of the reasons I haven't been posting updates is I want to write lots - and so it gets put off and put off and put off.   So, I'm going to shove the perfectionist aside, and spend no longer than 15 min posting these things in the future.

Week 1 summary in pictures:

h2HlTrW.png

xEGxbZ3.png NUcK8GE.png

Honestly?  Not bad. 81% is a B, and this week went a lot better than I thought it did while I was going through it.

I think we can see my weaknesses are in mindful eating and logging my food.  I don't know what it is, but I hate doing it.  It's annoying and tedious and blah blah blah.  Maybe I need to think about a different rewards system - for every meal I don't log, I have to do 25 burpees.  Or, every day I don't log, 50 burpees and 50 squats or something like that.

I hate burpees so much that I'm sure this would get me logging more.

As for mindful eating?  It's hard, people!  I think going forward, I am going to give myself a point if I mindfully eat ONE meal.  Still need to think about that.

Battle Log of Awesome

​AND THE AWESOME CONTINUES!  WEEK 2 CATCH-UP!

Rk7dhXc.png

This week's theme has been "AIE-YAA!  I am having people over to my house next Sunday! Must. Make. Great Room. Presentable! </cue stress>"  So, the 40 bags in 40 days has been focused on the kitchen/living room/dining room.  Unfortunately, one needs to clear out drawer space to put the things away that are on counters, etc.

As a side note,  When I moved in 2013, I was traveling every other week.  So, I had the (quite brilliant) idea to skip the housewarming party and have an unpacking party.  It was great - 10 of my friends came over and unpacked the boxes the movers had brought in, including the kitchen, which always takes the longest to do.

Downside is: a) I was calling my friends for two weeks asking where stuff was and B) things are not organized in the kitchen the way I'd like for them to be.   But this is minimal.  However, now that I've been in my house for 2 years, and am decluttering, there are some optimizations that can be put in place for kitchen storage. So, I'd been working on some of that, although Wednesday, it came to:

"ARGH!  MUST MAKE VISIBLE SPACES PRESENTABLE! STOP MESSING WITH THE CABINETS!" So, that's where we are.  I'm surprised to say that I'm actually enjoying this process.  Possibly because I am a big fan of efficiency, and now I will know where everything is, but it's also so nice to get rid of stuff.

Exercise:  Worked out with Sheena on Tuesday, Oly Class Wed morning.  Working up to 1RM tomorrow (Sat).  I am thrilled that my form is getting so much better - I'm getting a lot of "wow you've improved so much" compliments.  Also, my chiropractor and my therapist both commented that my posture has been improving dramatically too.  So much good stuff here.

Monday was chiro and then right after that dinner with a friend, so a lot of stuff didn't get done. I'm ok with that. 

Water has been weirdly terrible - but mostly I got to 80 oz which is generally fine.  

I have salad greens now, so THEORETICALLY, I can eat my veggies - but my motivation has been blah.  I really need to add 'eating veggies' to my morning routine.  The more I can get done first thing, the better it is for me.

[Okay that was a bit more than 15 min, but not by much]   

Here's to a great weekend to finish this off with a bang!

Battle Log of Awesome

Solid catch-up posts. Something small > nothing when it comes to updates. :)

Hope the weekend goes great!

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I think we can see my weaknesses are in mindful eating and logging my food.  I don't know what it is, but I hate doing it.  It's annoying and tedious and blah blah blah.  Maybe I need to think about a different rewards system - for every meal I don't log, I have to do 25 burpees.  Or, every day I don't log, 50 burpees and 50 squats or something like that.

I hate burpees so much that I'm sure this would get me logging more.

See, I would just not do the thing and still not do the burpees. "Punishment" incentives rarely work well for me.

As for logging food, have you considered just taking pictures of it? You don't have to write anything down, and the data is right there in your phone.

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

Week 2 Day 5 - Friday

2mI7q7v.png

The tickle in my throat had moved to a full out cold or whatever, but I had a session with Sheena so I went anyway.  This time, she didn't have to make me wait between sets (as she usually does),  I was winded just using the bar.  I mentioned we were 1RMing tomorrow (Sat), so we did lots of light weights and technical work.  Most of her commentary was "WOW, those were 15 solid reps!  What's different?"  I told her it's likely that i'm sick so my body is just trying to get this done, and I don't have enough energy for extra brain chatter, so that's shut down.

Afterwards she said, "You know, I don't want you to be sick, but that was your best session EVER.  almost every lift was form-wise great!"  yeah, amazing when you can shut down your inner over-analyst.   :)   She said I'd do well tomorrow, and she wasn't working but since they were doing the Open, she would probably come in anyway.  She said that my snatch was good, and my clean and jerk would probably be limited with how much I can clean since my jerk is (and always has been) solid.

I was just so exhausted afterwards, so took a half day off and slept.  And still tired so I skipped 40 bags because, ugh, too much.  And, that's okay.  Lesson learned I need to listen to my body and sometimes shut up my brain.

Battle Log of Awesome

And because this will be too long for sumarry time... 1 RM DAYYYYYYY results!

I have NUMBERS now!  And, they are higher than I expected.  I was thinking ~27kg in Snatch and 30kg in C&J going into this...

Snatches:

Worked up to 28kgx1, that went with just a wee bit of struggle at the top. I really couldn't believe how easy 25 and 27 were

30xF, 30xF - Everything up to and including the pull was great, but I just couldn’t get under the bar to the press.

Clean & Jerk

Worked up to 30x1. Again this blew my mind because it was as easy as 23 or 25kg.

I jumped up to 32 and nailed it. Although here it's starting to get weird. My clean here was miles easier than the jerk was; this is usually NEVER the case. So, obviously, my clean ISN'T going to be the limitation here.

Next up was 33kg which I struggled with (in the jerk, the clean was fine)

34xF - Cleaned, but couldn’t jerk it [tried split jerk vs the push press I usually do]

34xF - Cleaned, tried the push jerk again, no dice.

I then said “dammit I’m going to try 29kg for my snatch!  I might think this is really easy since I’ve been lifting heavier†…. newwwwp.

So, new PRs! And NUMBERS!

28kg - Snatch

33kg - C&J

To be honest, these were power snatches and power cleans, as I have yet to master receiving in a full squat.  So, we’ll be working on that as well as my speed underneath the bar. MOAR GAINZ TO COMEEE!!

let-the-gainz-begin-hoodie-140-195x291.j

• Like 2

Battle Log of Awesome

Solid catch-up posts. Something small > nothing when it comes to updates. :)

Hope the weekend goes great!

yeah, darn my inner perfectionist! =)  I also need to realize that I don't NEED TO WAIT until the end of the day to post everything :)

See, I would just not do the thing and still not do the burpees. "Punishment" incentives rarely work well for me.

As for logging food, have you considered just taking pictures of it? You don't have to write anything down, and the data is right there in your phone.

I have thought about taking pictures of it; I know that has a similar level of awareness as logging.  But my struggle is more the actual getting myself to do it.  Logging (I just write it down without calories or anything) takes just as much time as a picture and it is all "ennnnh" in my head.

I see (for me) the burpees being very similar to a 'cheat jar'.  If I'm not logging, I'm at least doing something healthy for me [even though I hate it].  And if I hate burpees more than logging, I'm more likely to log.  It's why I was so consistent at the 100 burpee challenge [until we all stopped at 50]:  I needed to do them otherwise I was going to have to do twice as much the next day and fuuuuuuuuuck that noise.

So, On Week 3, I think I may try this.

But thanks for the feedback!

Battle Log of Awesome

naainsT.png

Week 2 Day 6 - Saturday

It was practically balmy out when I left to go to they gym - 40F! The morning was spent at Oly class, establishing my 1RM and watching the box do the 15.2 workout. After that, I headed home, with the intent to get all visible surfaces decluttered and presentable.   Unfortunately, this cold was kicking my ass, so I had to ratchet down my ambitions.  I did spend some of the nice weather outside clearing out most of the accumulated dog waste that was too difficult to get when there was 2 feet of snow and ice around.

Reflections on the day: when you're sick, you're going to have to give yourself some slack.  Things aren't going to be perfect,no matter how much you want them to be so.

Week 2, Day 7 - Sunday [Potluck Dinner Night!]

Trouble sleeping this morning, so I slept in and didn't go to choir/church.  Good call, because stupid sick. I still had more visible surfaces to clean/declutter and eventually this turned into "just put everything into 'sort later' boxes and put them in the office".  Surprisingly I don't really have THAT much here in the office.  I got everything vacuumed/dusted/shined up and I'll be damned if it doesn't look awesome.  Pictures will follow in the weekly summary thread!

Dinner went great - people ran late, and I did not have everything all ready (but whatever, I was sick).  I also realized my placemats won't fit 8 people at my table, and I don't own a tablecloth for whatever reason.  Guess what, no one cared (except me)!

Reflections: 

• Being sick sucks
  • I am totally excited about pulling everything out of my cabinets and sorting/rearranging them all to be optimally useful to me
  • I had way too much tea for one person to drink, ever; some of it was probably 5 years old, so why did I even have it?
  • The only person who really cares about having 'the perfect party' at my house is me

Battle Log of Awesome

Wow!    Lots of lovely catch up info yay!

Gotta admit, I don't speak CF, but it sounds like you are doing well and enjoying your progression, and anything that you enjoy exercise wise is a huge awesome win, so I am super happy for you for that!

I also cannot get over how much I love your spreadsheets and boxes and colors, and progress charting and and and ... *dreamy eyes*  You're amazing girl!

Keep it up!    I mean, give your body rest while you are sick, but otherwise, keep up all that momentum! 

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

I feel like you are always sick! Poor maigsies!

I'm glad the dinner party went well though and that you are getting some rest to help fight off the illness. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Wow!    Lots of lovely catch up info yay!

Gotta admit, I don't speak CF, but it sounds like you are doing well and enjoying your progression, and anything that you enjoy exercise wise is a huge awesome win, so I am super happy for you for that!

I also cannot get over how much I love your spreadsheets and boxes and colors, and progress charting and and and ... *dreamy eyes*  You're amazing girl!

Keep it up!    I mean, give your body rest while you are sick, but otherwise, keep up all that momentum! 

ALL THE SPREADSHEEETS!

I feel like you are always sick! Poor maigsies!

I'm glad the dinner party went well though and that you are getting some rest to help fight off the illness. 

Man, I feel like I'm always sick too :( maybe it's the allergy shots.  I put them on hold over the weekend and today as well.

Battle Log of Awesome

WEEK TWO SUMMARY!

In pictures:

SpJeO07.png

q7NN1Gc.png 02p8ft1.png

I will definitely take an 80% for this week, especially considering that I was sick from Thursday night on!  

The highlights:

• 1 RM day!  New PRs!
  • My front room/great room looks AMAZING. Nothing like hosting a dinner party to motivate my 40 bags in 40 days portion of the challenge.
    • Note to self: have people over more often
    • Pictures to come, as soon as I find a decent collage maker for before and after [suggestions welcome]
  • I have put together a team who can fully function without me for a couple days when I'm not feeling well.  That's kind of amazing.
  • I was sick and yet DID NOT console myself with a pint of ice cream [this is more amazing than you think]

The areas for improvement:

• I am struggling with my veggies and getting 5+ cups in a day.  I'm not sure why this is so hard, but I think I'm pretty much going to need to eat salad for breakfast.
  • Waterrrrrrr.   100oz is WAY more than you think, and I'm a thirsty girl.  Maybe I just need to buy a camelbak and just wear it around all day, ha
  • Mindful eating?  What's that? hahahahaaaaa

But in other news, my not buying stuff has improved, and whoo my amazon wishlist is getting long.  Which is somewhat good, as my birthday is Saturday so there's lots of ideas.  I think I'm going to try and carry this behavior on past this challenge; I only get to buy stuff 2x a month, and it needs to have been on the list for >30 days.  Eventually I will need to add "and something is going to have to leave the house for everything that comes in the house", buttttt I'm not even allowed to buy anything at the moment anyway. :)

Battle Log of Awesome

hey!! i'm not late! time is wibbley wobbley, remember?! :D

i read your challenge but haven't caught up in between yet. love love LOVE the goals. Reading the food one i realized i'm doing something similar this challenge... total calorie intake has been better so something's working! seems to be the same for you based on those measurements! nice!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Week 3 Day 1 and Day 2 update:

1WPXqC3.png

Day 1 - Monday

Still sick, so took the day off.  Didn't eat great but again no face diving into a pint of ice cream either.  Was exhausted but couldn't sleep which was really frustrating.  I did get some quality reading in, making a lot of progress on the first Mistborn book.  You take what you can get.  I was so exhausted I was going to bail on my 40 bags in 40 days, because I was so exhausted. But while logging my food and planning my day that night in preparation to send it to a friend, I realized I had a Sheena workout at 7:30 am, and if I got my act together, I could drop off laundry and the ~10 bags that were piled up in my bedroom to giveaway.  

But that meant getting all that stuff in my car the night before, because I am not terribly conscious before 8 in the morning.  So I loaded that thing up, and there was barely room for my laundry [i so wish I had taken a picture], and bam. Stuff done.

Reflections on the day: I planned out a plan of action the night before, and that motivated me to do something I didn't want to do.  I probably need to make this a habit.

Day 2 - Tuesday

Sheena day, Sheena day!  As promised, we worked the whole time on explosiveness and squats.  Still exhausted, so took lots of rest. After warmups, she grabbed a 10 lb medicine ball, which she made me throw up and behind me, starting from the ground. Then, I turned around and threw up and away from her for about 10 reps for each direction.

Then... squats onto the medicine ball (and back up).  Lots of them. Then, snatch balances w/PVC onto the MB. (lots).  Then she made me start from the top of the pull position, and snatch (butt landing on the medicine ball) from there.  Repeat that, but with the training bar.

Repeat the above but with cleans instead of snatches.  This whole series was awesome.  I know MOST of my depth issues comes from a mental block and not being comfortable landing in a full squat, and the medicine ball gave me this huge safety net, and I did really well.

Sheena then joked, "Okay we're done with cardio, on to some weights."  She is so one of us and doesn't know it.

We then did a bunch of hang snatches + high hang snatches, and hang cleans + high hang clean complexes.  Amazingly enough, my depth was totally there.  Granted, I was working with the training (7kb/15 lb) bar, because the womens bar was just too heavy for my not-100% self, but it was an awesome workout.

Food was okay, but I did log it.  I did drop off the laundry, and all the stuff at the Salvation Army (40 bags, check!), and got a bunch of other stuff done. Hooray for getting stuff done in the morning!

I did drink a ton of water, but for whatever reason I didn't plan out my next day.

Reflections: I think I'm just going to need to make this a part of my daily routine because with Oly and Sheena I'm just doing too much stuff in the morning to have 'quiet time' then to get organized.  Plus, I'm generally more awake in the evening.

Battle Log of Awesome

Week 3 Day 3 - Wednesday

Oly class in the morning, although I was still moving slowly:

A. snatch:
    70% x 3; rest 2 minutes
    80% x 2; rest 2 minutes
    90% x 1 x 2; rest 2-3 minutes
20x3
22x2
25x1x2 

B. clean:
    70% x 2; rest 2 minutes
    80% x 1 x 3; rest 2 minutes
23x2
26x1
26x1
26x1

C. jerk behind neck: 2-1-1; rest 2 minutes
24x2
24x1 
26x1

D. hang clean pull (above knee): 80% x 2 x 3; rest 2 minutes
26x2
26x2
26x2

The clean pulls felt like 95% with the way I was feeling, and everything just felt SO HEAVY.

XB8eDg0.png

Today was just not a great day overall.  I didn't have to take any time off, but I totally reached for sugar when my boss's staff meeting was in 30 min and I really needed a nap but couldn't skip his meeting without him freaking out.  Plus when I get this sick tired and frustrated with being sick, eating vegetables is so hard. I want to be comforted, not 'be good and eat healthy'.

Then I fell asleep at 6 pm, setting my alarm for 6:45, so I had enough time to do some decluttering before I picked up Ivy. ANNND I either slept through the alarm or turned it off and don't remember it, or never set it, because I woke up at 7:45 pm and the day care place closes at 8 pm and I still hadn't gotten my laundry.  Luckily the daycare place is 4 min away at most by car, so I grabbed the dog, grabbed the laundry, made some chicken soup and am going to bed early. Decluttering and other stuff is just going to have to wait.

Battle Log of Awesome

Then I fell asleep at 6 pm, setting my alarm for 6:45, so I had enough time to do some decluttering before I picked up Ivy. ANNND I either slept through the alarm or turned it off and don't remember it, or never set it, because I woke up at 7:45 pm and the day care place closes at 8 pm and I still hadn't gotten my laundry. Luckily the daycare place is 4 min away at most by car, so I grabbed the dog, grabbed the laundry, made some chicken soup and am going to bed early. Decluttering and other stuff is just going to have to wait.

Hopefully you cut yourself some slack for this. I mean yes, you shouldn't get full numbers on the day, but you still did something despite being sick (oly class) and you do need test to fight it off so that you can be fully healthy again. It's annoying, it's frustrating when you want so badly to be on top of all of your shit, but rest when sick is an important part of getting healthy. Take care of yourself, maigs.

• Like 1

Veggie soup is very comforting and it's all veggies. :3

But look! Agree completely with StarGazer. You got shit done despite being sick. Your body betraying you when all you want to do is work out and feel good and get stuff done is really disheartening, but gotta rest up to feel good to get better to get back at it again. <3

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Hopefully you cut yourself some slack for this. I mean yes, you shouldn't get full numbers on the day, but you still did something despite being sick (oly class) and you do need test to fight it off so that you can be fully healthy again. It's annoying, it's frustrating when you want so badly to be on top of all of your shit, but rest when sick is an important part of getting healthy. Take care of yourself, maigs.

Veggie soup is very comforting and it's all veggies. :3

But look! Agree completely with StarGazer. You got shit done despite being sick. Your body betraying you when all you want to do is work out and feel good and get stuff done is really disheartening, but gotta rest up to feel good to get better to get back at it again. <3

Thanks, ladies.  I do try to cut myself slack, and realize there's only so much I can do, but I have a lot of mental issues with being sick.  It means that I'm not 100% productive, and that's BAD.  I need to be productive, not slothlike.  [so says the taskmaster portion of my brain]  I'm working on realizing that I didn't choose to be sick, it happens to everyone, and I just need to roll with it.

Week 3 Day 4 - Thursday

ex27fgX.png

First off, I woke up with ALL THE QUAD DOMS.  I was walking around just using my glutes and hammies which looks weird, but whatever.

Missed breakfast because of just being busy, but that's fine.  I modified my food plan a bit and got a rotisserie chicken and some fingerling potatoes and julienne veggies and had that for lunch and made a to go box for dinner.

I got all my daily to-do tasks done (WOO!), and then went to my Sheena workout where I PRed my Push Jerk at 34kg (WOO!), and then finished cleaning out the 'put away' boxes from the week (WOO!).

This means it's time to pull out everything from the cabinets and get them organized, awww yeaaah.

giphy.gif

Reflections on the day: 1) I need to foam roll daily  2) when you have the right tools, even onerous jobs don't take as long as you think

Battle Log of Awesome

PRs! On plan! Heck yes!

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Every time you say Sheena workout, I am reminded of this:

600full-sheena-poster.jpg

Hehehe, it's terrible.  I mean, the show, was, terrible, and yet somehow my brain remembers it.

Congrats on the PR!   And man, if you can nail foam rolling every day, I will consider you a foam rolling guru-goddess of amazement.  I'm lucky if I manage it twice a month!

Sounds like you are getting to feeling better too, which is awwwesome!     Then you'll be super on fire.

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler