Ellith is ready to take over the world !!! (or at least this challenge :p)

Ellith

Introduction:  Hello, my name is Sophie and I’m a food/video games/tv show/book addict…(You should answer Hi).

I’m here for my first challenge and I’m pretty excited about it. I kind of already started since I saw my trainer and nutritionist last week and have already started their programs but I think that doing this challenge will help me go through with it this time and finally get the body I think I deserve. Then I’ll take boxing/yoga/climbing classes (never tried the last one). I’m also interested in Crossfit and heavy-lifting…I want to try everything!!

So here I am  :redface-new: .

Main Quest:  Since my scale decided to lie to me on a weekly basis and I don’t know my body fat%, I can’t really put numbers into my goal. So let just say that I want to lose fat and gain muscle/strength and look good in a swim-suit so I can finally go to the waterpark/swimming pool with my friends. If I really have to put a number, I’ll take what my nutritionist told me, so 0.5kg (of fat)/week until June 18, so 8kg in 4 months (guess it’s realistic). And I have to buy a measuring tape to see my progress!

My quests will hopefully help me get there.

Quest 1: Go to the gym at least 3 times a week and work on improving my strength.

My trainer made me a good workout plan. It’s a cardio/strength circuit with dumbbell squats (26#), lunges (20#), inverted rows on TRX, inclined push-ups and rowing (5mn as a warm-up then 3 mn at the end of each circuit). I repeat this 3 or 4 times.

Measurement:

A = 3 times,

B = 2 times,

C = 1 time,

D = 0.

Reward: A = +3STR, +1STA, B = +2STR, +0.5STA, C = +1STR, +0.5STA, D = 0 (fail!!)

Quest 2: Eat 1500 kcal/day with 40% carb, 40% protein and 20% fat (I should eat around 120g of proteins a day). I also need to put everything into MFP so I can track my calories properly.

Measurement:

A = Used MFP and diet at 1500kcal/day (+- 100 kcal) at least 6 days/week,

B = Used MFP and diet at 1500kcal/day (+- 100 kcal) at least 4 days/week,

C = Used MFP and diet at 1500kcal/day (+- 100 kcal) less than 4 days/week,

D = Used MFP and diet at 1500kcal/day (+- 100 kcal) less than 2 days/week,

Reward: A = +3 CON, B = +2CON, C = +1CON, D = 0.

Quest 3: Take the stairs every day when I get to work and when I leave instead of using the elevator (I’m on the 5th floor).

Measurement: A = 5 days; B = 4 days, C = 3 days

Reward: A = +3STA, B = +2STA, C = +1STA

Life Quest 1: Go to bed early on week day even if I don’t go to the gym the following morning. I should have at least 7:30 hours of sleep per night (8 hours would be best).

Measurement: A = 5 days, B = 4 days, C = 3 days

Reward: A = +2 CON, B = +1CON, C = +0.5 CON

Life Quest 2: Ace my driving licence test on march 17 and finally feel awesome for being able to drive alone with my favorite music blasting out of the window (well, when it’ll be warmer) Measurement: fail/pass

Reward: Pass = +2 CHA

Motivation:  I want to feel good about myself and finally love me on the inside (already the case) as well as on the inside. I want to get rid of all the limits at put myself just because I think I’m too fat for it!

Feel free to comment my goals if you think they need improvement!

I’ll try to post here at least a few times per week  :joyous: .

• Like 3

Ellith - Level 2 - Night elf assassin
STR 3.5|DEX 0|CON 2|STA 3.5|WIS 1|CHA 1

A little bit about me : Here
Challenges : 1 - Current challenge

Well thought out challenge! Gets you well on your way to healthier habits and into that swimsuit confidently. I too have a similar "eat well" goal. I will be using MFP to track calories and macros even though it tests my ever loving nerves. Look forward to reading about your success.

P.s. For easier recognition edit your original post to include your name ( Ellith) in your title. :)

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Nice challenge Ellith! Best of luck on getting to bed early, I'm not great about it myself. :)

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

Challenge Thread || Walking PVP Thread

Level: 0 - Future Assassin || STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Walking 1,000 Miles in 2015 // 167.30 miles as of March 7, 2015

16.7%
16.7%

Body Fat Percentage // 44% as of January 1, 2015

44%
44%

Well thought out challenge! Gets you well on your way to healthier habits and into that swimsuit confidently. I too have a similar "eat well" goal. I will be using MFP to track calories and macros even though it tests my ever loving nerves. Look forward to reading about your success.

P.s. For easier recognition edit your original post to include your name ( Ellith) in your title. :)

Thanks ! Yeah, MFP can be a real pain in the a.. sometime. I made some homemade soup the other day and, of course, didn't thing about weigthing everything. So adding it in the app was kinda problematic !

I'll edit my post :).

Nice challenge Ellith! Best of luck on getting to bed early, I'm not great about it myself. :)

Thanks ! I already expect the "getting to bed early" part to be hard, I'll just have to work harder on it !

• Like 2

Good goals, and well done on the head start.  Just be careful about the difference between 0.5kg of fat and 0.5kg of weight - just because you didn't lose 0.5kg on the scale, doesn't mean you didn't lose that 0.5kg of fat.

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Adventurers' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

• Like 2

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Good goals, and well done on the head start.  Just be careful about the difference between 0.5kg of fat and 0.5kg of weight - just because you didn't lose 0.5kg on the scale, doesn't mean you didn't lose that 0.5kg of fat.

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Adventurers' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Thanks !

I guess I should have put -0.5kg (without the fat part). My nutritionist told me that with the program he gave me and the exercise I'll do I should expect to lose 0.5kg of fat (his words) a week. But I know the scale won't tell me this, so I'm planning to buy a measuring tape and take my measurements once a week to see my progress.

I'll definitely go check the adventurers' board :).

Yay for another long challenge :) I'm with you with the going to sleep early part. Hopefully we'll both manage it!

With all the support maybe we'll finally manage to go to bed early :). I'm more of a night owl so it's really the hardest part of my challenge. But I went to bed at 11:15pm last night (lights out and eyes shut, not reading !) so I'm on the right path :playful: .

Good goals! :) You're so ready for this.

By the way, I didn't say it before, but I absolutely love your avatar!

Thanks !

Yeah, I love it too  :pride: . I have a Pikachu onesie that I sometime wear while playing video games so I figured that this would fit me perfectly  :smile-new: .

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion!  With your interest in climbing, you've also attracted the attention of the Assassins' Guild.... but don't worry, I'm here in a supportive capacity!  Even if you ultimately don't join us, we'd love to help you along on your journey, and there are a lot of people working on goals similar to yours within our black-clad ranks...

If you think you might like to check us out, I hope you'll come by the Assassins' Den chat and say hello!  We're very welcoming killers-in-black, really.    ;)  You can also check out the Assassin Guild Info & Announcements for more info about what's going on with the guild.  Pretty soon, we should also have our Assassin Phonebook up to date as well, which will allow you to find people who are working on similar skills to yours.  And though we may be the bodyweight guild, we're also a guild of extreme variety - we do a bit of everything!

Additionally, if you like what you see, I encourage you to go introduce yourself on the Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread as well!  There are a lot of fun people hanging out as they consider whether to join us - and you can make new friends, ask questions of guild leadership, post awesome gifs (we wouldn't be Assassins without gif parties) and more!  I hope to see you there soon.

If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me or catch my attention by quoting one of my posts.  Otherwise, I or one of my colleagues will be stopping by to check in on you and celebrate your successes as the challenge goes on.  Now get out there and crush those goals!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Welcome to the Rebellion!  With your interest in climbing, you've also attracted the attention of the Assassins' Guild.... but don't worry, I'm here in a supportive capacity!  Even if you ultimately don't join us, we'd love to help you along on your journey, and there are a lot of people working on goals similar to yours within our black-clad ranks...

If you think you might like to check us out, I hope you'll come by the Assassins' Den chat and say hello!  We're very welcoming killers-in-black, really.    ;)  You can also check out the Assassin Guild Info & Announcements for more info about what's going on with the guild.  Pretty soon, we should also have our Assassin Phonebook up to date as well, which will allow you to find people who are working on similar skills to yours.  And though we may be the bodyweight guild, we're also a guild of extreme variety - we do a bit of everything!

Additionally, if you like what you see, I encourage you to go introduce yourself on the Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread as well!  There are a lot of fun people hanging out as they consider whether to join us - and you can make new friends, ask questions of guild leadership, post awesome gifs (we wouldn't be Assassins without gif parties) and more!  I hope to see you there soon.

If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me or catch my attention by quoting one of my posts.  Otherwise, I or one of my colleagues will be stopping by to check in on you and celebrate your successes as the challenge goes on.  Now get out there and crush those goals!

Thanks ! I'll go check your den :). I still don't know where I want to go next (it's gonna be either the warriors, rangers or assassin) so I'll take a look at what you do to help me decide :).

• Like 2

Thanks ! I'll go check your den :). I still don't know where I want to go next (it's gonna be either the warriors, rangers or assassin) so I'll take a look at what you do to help me decide :).

Seems a good plan!  You have plenty of time to explore!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Good luck on the early to bed goal. I, too, am trying to do this so I can get up read early and workout before work. It's challenging to stay on that schedule, but so worth it to help make your goals.

Thanks, you too :).

It's really hard since I usually get to bet at around midnight/1am, but I've managed to do it for the past 2 weeks and I have to say that I'm really proud of myself for doing so :). Knowing that I managed to workout before work and that my evenings are free is kind of cool :). Now I have to add one day a week (already do this 3 times/week) so I can add some cardio to my schedule.

I still struggle to go to the gym on the week-end :/. I guess I'll have to find a class interesting enough so I manage to get out of the house instead of playing video games all day !

Here we go, 1st official day !

Initial weight : 77.8kg (-1.7kg since last monday !!) - I know that this is not the best way to measure my progress but I'll put it anyway.

Measurements (in cm):

• Neck : 36
  • Chest : 83
  • Waist : 81
  • Hips : 106
  • Thighs : 64
  • Calves : 39

I'll update those once a week.

Now for my day !

I managed to go to bed kind of early (11:20pm) but couldn't fall asleep before around 1am, due to a bad cough. I'll buy some syrup tonight, hoping this will help me sleep. 

I almost didn't get up for the gym at 6:20am but since it was the 1st day I forced myself out of bed and went anyway (proud of myself for this decision).

I didn't have as much time as I had hopped so I only did the circuit 3 times (instead of 4).

Regarding food it's the usual. 

Breakfast pre-workout :

1 greek yogourt

1 half banana

1 half english muffin

Post workout :

Last halves of banana and muffin and one boiled egg

Lunch was some chicken breast with tomato salsa, some broccolis and 1/2 cup of microwaved sweet potato (love cooking them that way, it's so easy !)

Afternoon snack was one big apple and one square of 75% chocolate :).

Tonight I don't know yet, depends on what I'm gonna bring back from my grocery adventure !

Since I started training 2 weeks ago and the diet last week I think I'll manage to keep the same rhythm, if nothing gets in the way (like that damn dry cough). If anyone has ideas on how to get rid of it, I'll take anything !

And my friends, who know I'm trying to lose weight and, this time, that I am really motivated, just decided that it would be a good idea to go to a sugar shack in a few weeks. For those who don't know, it's the place where you eat, then eat, then eat again until you can't anymore, but then you eat some more. Except that the food is not that healthy, at all !

So, I'll have to decide what I do. If I go I'll have to starve myself for a few days just to remain in my calories goal !

• Like 1

Great Day 1!!!

And my friends, who know I'm trying to lose weight and, this time, that I am really motivated, just decided that it would be a good idea to go to a sugar shack in a few weeks. For those who don't know, it's the place where you eat, then eat, then eat again until you can't anymore, but then you eat some more. Except that the food is not that healthy, at all !

So, I'll have to decide what I do. If I go I'll have to starve myself for a few days just to remain in my calories goal !

Why would they do that?

• Like 2

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

Challenge Thread || Walking PVP Thread

Level: 0 - Future Assassin || STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Walking 1,000 Miles in 2015 // 167.30 miles as of March 7, 2015

16.7%
16.7%

Body Fat Percentage // 44% as of January 1, 2015

44%
44%

Great Day 1!!!

Why would they do that?

Thanks !

I don't know. They are usually supportive (at least a little, they still think that 1500 kcal/day is too much and that I shouldn't strength-train) so I don't think they even thought about me when they launched the idea. I still don't know what to do about it. If we were going to a restaurant I could just pick the healthier meal available but in places like this you don't have a choice, everyone eats the same thing and I guess it's way beyond than my recommended calories intake.

I think I'm gonna have to pass on the invite, even if I know that they'll make comments about it. My body and my health are more important to me right now ! They'll get it when they see my awesome transformation in a few months (hopefully).

Outstanding day one! Mope you feel better.

Don't know if you saw this blog or not. Might help with friends?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/01/05/what-if-im-the-only-one/

Thanks ! I bought some medicine which will hopefully help me get rid of it. At least I can still go to the gym ! 

I just read the article, great info ! My coworkers and my family are really supportive (even if they don't do the same) but with my friends it's totally different. I think I'll just go with the ignoring-the-comments way and we'll see how they react when I get to my goal :).

Thanks for the support !

Day 2 is no gym, I'll just eat healthy, do a little exercise by taking the stairs (I'm pretty sure they're trying to kill me !) and play video-games when I'm done at work :) (and start working on my school assignment tonight).

• Like 1

Hi Ellith,

I was just reading up about your sugar shack dilemma. I have a similar problem with my friends. When we go out together we tend to feed off each other and order the worst things on the menu plus an appetizer plus dessert. I've started scoping out the restaurant for healthy options before hand and having a small snack so that I'm not starving and tempted to eat the unhealthy options. I've also started suggesting non-food related activities so that I don't even have to worry about it. I know that might not help you very much this time but next time your friends go out you won't feel as conflicted.

:)   

Hi Ellith,

I was just reading up about your sugar shack dilemma. I have a similar problem with my friends. When we go out together we tend to feed off each other and order the worst things on the menu plus an appetizer plus dessert. I've started scoping out the restaurant for healthy options before hand and having a small snack so that I'm not starving and tempted to eat the unhealthy options. I've also started suggesting non-food related activities so that I don't even have to worry about it. I know that might not help you very much this time but next time your friends go out you won't feel as conflicted.

:)   

Thanks for the advice ! For this time it won't work (as you said) and I already told them that I will not go with them (hopefully I will not get negative comments about it) but I'll definitely do this the next time we go out :). And thanks for the snack idea, I didn't think about that but I think this will help me make better choices :).

Hiya,

Looks like you had a good first day too :) hope today was as good.

If you're eating a breakfast like that, I'm not sure how frowned-upon it would be by your nutritionist, but have you considered a protein shake? It's not particularly cheap but I found a couple I like that are low-calorie, one has 33g protein a serving, one has 38g a serving along with caffeine for an extra 'kick'. If I want to cram extra nutrients in I make one with soy milk. I tend to have half before a workout and half after, although the jar says I could have a whole one in the morning and a whole one after a workout. I don't know, I just know I want to help my muscles build as much as possible!

Keep it going :)

-Xik

• Like 1

Hiya,

Looks like you had a good first day too :) hope today was as good.

If you're eating a breakfast like that, I'm not sure how frowned-upon it would be by your nutritionist, but have you considered a protein shake? It's not particularly cheap but I found a couple I like that are low-calorie, one has 33g protein a serving, one has 38g a serving along with caffeine for an extra 'kick'. If I want to cram extra nutrients in I make one with soy milk. I tend to have half before a workout and half after, although the jar says I could have a whole one in the morning and a whole one after a workout. I don't know, I just know I want to help my muscles build as much as possible!

Keep it going :)

-Xik

I already thought about incorporating protein shakes in my day but didn't decide anything. I wanted to try what my nutritionist told me before I took a decision but I guess I'M gonna try ! If I need 1g of protein per pound I definitely need to eat more (I eat around 80g a day). What brand do you use ? I know the taste can be very different depending on the brand.

Since I won't see my nutritionist before a few weeks I can try a few things (like changing from 50% carbs/30% proteins to 40% each).

Yesterday was rest day. The last few weeks I exercised only twice a week (due to my muscles being too sore) but this week is gonna be the first time I go to the gym 3 times (even if I'm sick). So yesterday was pretty normal, I just ate healthy and got some rest (and played Mass Effect :tongue:).

Today I'm still sick (this cough doesn't want to go) but I still went to the gym before work. I only did my circuit 3 times (instead of 4) but I gave it all I had ! And I took the stairs (which I'm beginning to think might be a bad idea on days when I workout !).

I'm also looking for classes (yoga or something else) that I can add to my schedule.

For the 1st time I feel like I'm on the right path with my program and that I'll finally be able to lose the weight I've been carrying all my life. I know it's not that much but it's been ruining my life fore too many years. I'm glad I found this site and this amzing community ! Thank you all :).

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Awesome progress so far! :)

Maybe, like Chelsers said, you can suggest to your friends something to do that isn't eating food. You can say, "Sorry I didn't go to the sugar shack with you, but let's get together at my place and watch this movie" or something like that. Then they won't feel like you are trying not to be their friend, and you can have fun without worrying about food.

By the way, you should feel proud of yourself for turning down the invitation to the sugar shack! I know it can be hard to say no to friends.

EDIT: My research has suggested to me that, rather than "1g of protein per pound", it should be "1g of protein per pound of non-fat body weight". So find your body fat percent, multiply it by your weight, and then you will know how many g of protein to eat. (For example, I weigh 100 kg, and my body fat is 48%. So I have 52kg of lean mass, or 116 lbs. So I try to eat 116g of protein.) However, if your nutritionist is the one who says "1g per every pound", then listen to them, I guess. :3

• Like 1

Awesome progress so far! :)

Maybe, like Chelsers said, you can suggest to your friends something to do that isn't eating food. You can say, "Sorry I didn't go to the sugar shack with you, but let's get together at my place and watch this movie" or something like that. Then they won't feel like you are trying not to be their friend, and you can have fun without worrying about food.

By the way, you should feel proud of yourself for turning down the invitation to the sugar shack! I know it can be hard to say no to friends.

EDIT: My research has suggested to me that, rather than "1g of protein per pound", it should be "1g of protein per pound of non-fat body weight". So find your body fat percent, multiply it by your weight, and then you will know how many g of protein to eat. (For example, I weigh 100 kg, and my body fat is 48%. So I have 52kg of lean mass, or 116 lbs. So I try to eat 116g of protein.) However, if your nutritionist is the one who says "1g per every pound", then listen to them, I guess. :3

Thanks !

Yeah, this is a great idea ! A friend of mine goes to a place where you can climb small walls (I think it's called Bouldering, not sure about the name) and where you don't need ropes or someone to assist you. It might be a great place to bring everyone !

I feel proud for refusing and putting my health first but I also feel bad for saying no and I'm afraid of what they might tell (in front of me or behind my back). I guess I'll just have to deal with it until I reach my goal (the 1st one at least, since I plan on having other goals after).

For the protein, the nutritionist didn't say anything, just to eat 50% carbs/28% proteins and 22% fat. But, since I want to lose fat AND build muscle, someone told me that I should go with 40% carbs and 40% proteins. And I think you're right, it's 1g per pound of lean tissu. So I'm currently at around 175# (a little less now) with approximatelly 30% body fat, it means that I should eat around 120g of proteins a day, which I'm far !

I bought some protein powder yesterday (chocolate whey) and will try to get to the right amount by getting a shake everyday.

Well, I did some more reasearch, and I keep getting numbers for protein that are all over the place. Some say as low as .3g per pound of (full) body weight, some are related to lean mass, and some even say 1.5g for pound of full body weight! So now I don't even know what amount to use. XD But 120 will probably be a good amount if you are doing things that work out your muscles a lot. I need to try some protein powder, too - I am way under the amount that I feel I should be getting.

If your friends talk about you behind your back for not going to the sugar shack, even though they understand your reasons, that doesn't sound like very friendly behavior. :( I hope they will not do that.

Did you go to the gym yesterday? Which day is your 3rd gym day this week?

• Like 1