amandolin:It's only 6 weeks, I can do anything for 6 weeks...right?

amandolin

Intro:Another person circling back for a full reboot, I think I last did a challenge in 2013, so a full fresh start back at ground zero is in order. I am 27, 5'2"(and a half) and would say I'm about average weight wise. I like to go hiking(if you can call it that in fl) with My FIance and our 2 dogs, ride my horse and be a bum at home and eat greasy food and play video games. Oh and I am trying to grow some of my own food!

Main Quest: Run a 5k nonstop

-seriously no walking

-signed myself and my 4 legged jogging buddy up for a 5k in August, so I have some time

Goals:

1. C25k at least 2x per week

2. No soda

-No not even sometimes
-No not even with alcohol in it

3.Strength work out 1x a week

-Minimum to be considered is a work out is the beginner body weight work out

Life Quest:Track all my Spending

-My fiance swears I'm constantly spending money

-I want to know how much I actually spend a week

-What of my spending is neccesity vs because I want to

• Like 2

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph
|STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 5|WIS 2|CHA 2|

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea"-Isak Dinesen
Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4

Back when I did c25k I used Ulrich's podcasts... but I've been hearing great things about zombies run c25k. Are you using something to aid you on your c25k list?

I'm following this thread, so if you have questions for a graduate of the program (although I'm not running anymore... but the plan is to get running again eventually), feel free to ask.

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Welcome back Amandolin.

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the  Scouts' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I have actually made it up to week 6 previously, then I let a life issue get in the way and after I tried to pick back up I ended up breaking my toe by being a clutz and slamming it into something, so by the time it was fully healed I certainly couldn't just pick back up where I had left off. I'm back up to week 4 as of right now.

I actually don't listen to anything when I run typically. Mainly because I bring my dog with me and I need to know whats going on, we have a lot of loose dogs and cats in my neighborhood. And I don't want to unexpectedly loose and arm if she spots one and wants to go say "Hi".

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph

Awesome that you have a pup to run with you! I've always wanted someone to run with me, but I don't particularly like to talk when I run so a dog sounds perfect.  Also I know the struggle of "hiking" in Florida. I miss the hills (which would be called mountains here) from home. But not the weather. I definitely do not miss the weather. 

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Recruits

Level: 0 

STR 0 |DEX 0 |STA 0 || CON 0 |WIS 0 |CHA 0

First Challenge

Awesome that you have a pup to run with you! I've always wanted someone to run with me, but I don't particularly like to talk when I run so a dog sounds perfect.  Also I know the struggle of "hiking" in Florida. I miss the hills (which would be called mountains here) from home. But not the weather. I definitely do not miss the weather. 

Yeah my mom lives in SC and I always have to go hiking when we visit her, but definitely will take my Florida weather this time a yeah.

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph

That is an AWESOME challenge!! Really great goals!

Remember not to put too much pressure on yourself. I have never finished a challenge with 100% success, but I still get fitter and more self-confident every time and it feels good to just try and go through despite the horrendous week 4 and 5 dip ^_^

giphy1.gif

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Hello and Welcome to the Rebellion!

My name is Amdhiel and I’m an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. I see that your challenge includes a few things that we Assassins enjoy and we’d love to help you crush your goals! 

If you want to gather some more information about the guild, stop buy the Assassin Guild Info & Announcements thread to find out what’s happening. If you want to find someone with similar interests, including body weight training, take a look in the Assassin Phonebook.

If you want to get to know our crazy guild better or just ask a question stop by the Assassins' Den or the Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread for Level 1’s and introduce yourself. We’re a friendly and supportive guild so don’t be shy about sending us messages or asking for help!

If you ever have any questions or need any help, please let me or any Assassin Ambassador know.  You can get in touch with me by posting in my challenge thread or by sending me a private message. 

The Ambassadors and I will be checking in on you from time to time to see how you’re doing. Remember that most successful path is one that includes plenty of support. You're an amazingly strong person and I know you can crush those goals!

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

SCOUTIES, AHOY!

We'll be awesomely honoured to have you—the Scouties have free biscuits!

Oh! Feel free to ask anything and everything or just have a chat, if you want to. All you got to do is private message me!

Good luck with your challenge! :D

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Yay for running with the dog. I really enjoy that too. For listening to music while running. When i run solo i use my phone and headphones. When running with the dog i use the phone without headphones, so in the background i hear the music, but i can also watch my dog and the traffic and surroundings.

Good luck with the challenge!

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Yay for running with the dog. I really enjoy that too. For listening to music while running. When i run solo i use my phone and headphones. When running with the dog i use the phone without headphones, so in the background i hear the music, but i can also watch my dog and the traffic and surroundings.

Good luck with the challenge!

People make me feel very uncomfortable when I listen to music without my headphones—as if, they're judging me and my choice of music~ how do you manage to ignore that feeling?

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

That's a tough one for me to answer because of a couple of things, the most important one is:

- I don't care what they think (lol, the number i'm listening to right now on spotify is: Quindon Tarver - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

The others are:

- I don't run in areas where there are a lot of people (mostly on bike paths through forest and next to roads)

- My music isn't that loud because the speaker is muzzled by the cover

- I only run without headphones when i'm with the dog, so the dog get's all the attention (not me, not the music, but mu cute puppy like doggy)

Hope it does help you...

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

That's a tough one for me to answer because of a couple of things, the most important one is:

- I don't care what they think (lol, the number i'm listening to right now on spotify is: Quindon Tarver - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

The others are:

- I don't run in areas where there are a lot of people (mostly on bike paths through forest and next to roads)

- My music isn't that loud because the speaker is muzzled by the cover

- I only run without headphones when i'm with the dog, so the dog get's all the attention (not me, not the music, but mu cute puppy like doggy)

Hope it does help you...

It does, somewhat. Thank you very much, indeedly.

Spoiler

Quote:

Looks great! :D I'm on a no-soda PvP challenge myself, and it gets easier and easier to ignore the sweet, carbonated, sugary and overall unwelcome presence of soda after a while. :) All the best with your 5K! Your motivation is really inspiring - I'm trying to work towards 5K by July, even if it isn't part of my challenge, and the way you're working towards it looks like a steady path to success. :)

All the best! Subscribing to cheer you on :D

Day 1

Well today is an interesting start to the first week. I had jury duty today,and then got selected for a trial that will last the rest of the week. So my schedule is going to be a bit wonky and I'm not sure how that's going to affect me overall, because I am nothing if not a creature of habit.

Did you drink any Soda? No, and considering I was surrounded by vending machines and only got a bottled water? impressed

Did you Run? No, tomorrow promise!

Did you Work out? Yes!, 4 sets 5 reps each w/ barbell only, dead-lifts, overhead presses & back squats

and...

How much did you Spend? 1.25 for a bottle of water.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph

from experience I can tell you… the most difficult part of running is putting on your sneakers/vibrams and going out the door. you can do thisn

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Good job on resisting the soda! Do you have a plan for resisting cravings? Such as fruit water or tea?

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

STR 9 | WIS 6 | CON 8 | CHA 3 | DEX 6 | INT 6

Current Challenge

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 -Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Day 4 Update

Day 2

Did you drink any Soda? Nope

Did you Run? Yes!!! C25k Week 4 Day 2

Did you Work out? No

How much did you Spend? 4.57 for lunch and, 11 something for dinner, lets just say less than $20

Day 3

Did you Run? No

Did you Work out? No

How much did you Spend? Nada

Day 4

Did you Run?No, tomorrow, Tuesdays & Fridays are my usual run days because they are garbage days, hench if someone needs a potty stop, I'm not carrying it home.

Did you Work out? No

How much did you Spend? Nada

-----

I thought Jury duty would be a nice vacation from work. It's not, I'm exhausted, last day should be tomorrow, deliberation begins in earnest.

• Like 1

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph

Good job on resisting the soda! Do you have a plan for resisting cravings? Such as fruit water or tea?

Tea, and Orange Juice. So far it hasn't been terribly bad, and I don't intend to never have a soda again(Coke cures everything in my world). So I think knowing there is and end helps.

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph

Doing pretty good, definitely not spending too much money and got in that first run, yay!!! :D

Did you run today?

This whole jury duty thing sounds so exciting from here, I only ever see it in films and series ^_^ I find pretty amazing that you resisted buying soda at the vending machines! Those things are evil!

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante