The Assassins' Den (chat)

Hazard

Down a bit between winter weather & needing to restrengthen my shoulders, but I kinda climb on everything in reach normally  :) 

Yeah, I'm taking a small break at the moment too to focus on exams, but the inner mandrill isn't liking this change of pace at all! I hope your shoulders get back to their former strength as soon as possible. :D

And there are quite a few rock climber types. Check out the assassin phone book to see who's working on what this challenge.

Awesome, will check it out. Thanks for the tip! :) 

Assassin - Level 3 

STR: 6 | STA: 3 | DEX: 1 | CON: 6 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 1

Challenge 1 - RESTART -  Challenge 2

Sooooooooooo how many of you Amazing Assassins are planning on attending camp?  I want to meet as many of you as possible!!!!!! :D

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Hey guys, apprentice assassin here. Hoping to join as a proper guild member at the end of my first challenge, so until then!

Any active gymnasts or climbers in the house? =D

Absolutely! I do toprope climbing and bouldering! It is not a specific challenge goal right now, and I have to admit I am not going to climb this week, but generally I climb once a week! :) 

What kind of climbing do you do? 

• Like 1

Considered and rejected due to cost. :/

Alas. :(

Had I not gotten a bonus, I might not have managed it either, so I feel you. :(

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Hey everyone!

I need some advice, one part of my challenge is to increase my pullup reps and it has been going well so far, I was working on them during the days I went to the gym (3x a week) since I don't have a pullup bar at home and everything was coming along pretty well. My gym membership expired and I can't afford to renew it, does anyone have any exercises that I can do at home to help me train for pullups without actually doing pullups? Also if anyone knows of any pullup bars that work well with tiny door frames/super low ceilings that would be great!

Thanks!

Wish I could go to camp, but considering I'm moving out sometime this year, I couldn't justify the cost (even though a lot of y'all are going...) ;(

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Hey everyone!

I need some advice, one part of my challenge is to increase my pullup reps and it has been going well so far, I was working on them during the days I went to the gym (3x a week) since I don't have a pullup bar at home and everything was coming along pretty well. My gym membership expired and I can't afford to renew it, does anyone have any exercises that I can do at home to help me train for pullups without actually doing pullups? Also if anyone knows of any pullup bars that work well with tiny door frames/super low ceilings that would be great!

Thanks!

Steve has you covered!

Dumbbell rows and Body weight rows.  If there's a park near your place and the weather is okay, you could check to see if there's a bar that's high enough to try that (or you could try doing vertical ones like they do for pole dancing).  As for the pullup bar, I'll just lurk here for someone else's advice since I need that too lol.

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Hey everyone!

Thanks!

Tiny door frames are often easier to find a bar for than wide ones. The ones that you turn until they are spanned horizontally directly in the door frame for instance don't work on our door frames as ours are too wide and then they don't hold us, not even the kids! They aren't gentle on the frame though and I feel the ones that are hooked in from each side of the frame are much sturdier and reliable. We have this one and it holds perfectly. The only thing you can't do is jump up, so if you want to do negatives, place a chair below for standing, holding on, then lifting your feet and lowering down.

Whatever bar you get, read the description closely and measure your doors just to make real sure.

And have fun :) We love ours, and often just hang from it, too, when we are too tired for pull-ups

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

you could check Mark Lauren's you are your own gym… the section on pull exercises might have a couple you can use… from the top of my head: maybe let-me-ins and let-me-ups?

• Like 2

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Hallo Assassins,

I'm not an assassin yet, but I got pointed in your direction, because I'm practicing swordsmanship. Is anybody here sharing this hobby with me? I was looking for some exercises you can do alone, because my partner won't be available the next four weeks. But I only know a few basics and I don't know many things you can do without somebody else.

And I like RPG. My nickname here is the name of one of my character names.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

you could check Mark Lauren's you are your own gym… the section on pull exercises might have a couple you can use… from the top of my head: maybe let-me-ins and let-me-ups?

Dude I did some let me ins today and really tried to focus on my back muscles and I think I've really been neglecting using my back for pullups, I could tell those muscles need some strengthening, I'm excited to work more on those, thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

I curious if the doors in my house can handle a pull-up bar since so much of the house has not done so great this brutal winter

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Assassin Hero/ine Fashion Show!

You were asked in guild signup: which hero/heroine has the best outfit?

Forum Titles have been temporarily changed to reveal your answer! 

It's time to back up your claim in true Assassin Guild style:

Using pics/GIFs!

(In other words, post a picture that shows off the hero/heroine you chose as Best Dressed)

((As with all things NF, this is totally voluntary and just for fun.))

• Like 3

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Ahahahaha, I just noticed this *mind blown*

Dual blades, a cleavage to die for. If Khalan Amnell can kick ass dressed like this, I wanna be like her. (from The Sword Of Truth TV series :D )

Bonus points for having the power to bend people to her will with the power of love!

Kahlan_angry.jpg

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Anyone got any suggestions for getting your energy/motivation back up in week three? Week two was my big and exhausting move and week three is doing okay so far but I feel like I'm mostly talking to myself and not doing enough.

I might have a better way of visualizing my goals but I have to wait until I'm home to start making it (curse you office job....!!!)

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Sunlit Embraces Earth and Sea - Current Challenge

I was actually torn between my favorite Nintendo character and Lady Sif, but the whole ninja get-up won me over to Sheik because ninja and Zelda and Sheik is so cool you guys.

Sheik_(SSB_3DS_%26_Wii_U).png

• Like 2

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Hallo Assassins,

I'm not an assassin yet, but I got pointed in your direction, because I'm practicing swordsmanship. Is anybody here sharing this hobby with me? I was looking for some exercises you can do alone, because my partner won't be available the next four weeks. But I only know a few basics and I don't know many things you can do without somebody else.

And I like RPG. My nickname here is the name of one of my character names.

What kind of sword are you working on? Mine's mostly Iaido that I learned while still in high school, and some Chinese straight & broad sword.

We're kinda RPG fans around here lol

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1